Do I need to print exoress pass when I have it on my app?

Maplemoose

Just received documentation and luggage tag for upcoming trip. Included were instructions to print the express pass which is in my app or I would have to jump through hoops at the pier. Does this mean I have to repeat process on the website on my desktop? There is no way I can print from the app. 

13 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Well I do like having paper as backup in case app is down or issues with phone 

And I haven't printed a boarding pass for any form of transportation in at least 10 years. I'll take my chances and save the paper.

Just now, markeb said:

And I haven't printed a boarding pass for any form of transportation in at least 10 years. I'll take my chances and save the paper.

I use electronic forms primarily myself but having seen others encounter issues with cellular service insde the cruise terminals, I have a photo of our boarding passes as well as a backup paper copy with me for boarding.  I normally just stick the paper copy in the holder with my passport and COVID vaccination cards.  Everything in one place. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaKahuna said:

I use electronic forms primarily myself but having seen others encounter issues with cellular service insde the cruise terminals, I have a photo of our boarding passes as well as a backup paper copy with me for boarding.  I normally just stick the paper copy in the holder with my passport and COVID vaccination cards.  Everything in one place. 

Celebrity lets you save your pass to your iPhone wallet. You don't need connectivity for that. I assume you can do the same with Google Wallet.

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Yup that is why and paper can be recycled too so good to have.

Just now, markeb said:

Celebrity lets you save your pass to your iPhone wallet. You don't need connectivity for that. I assume you can do the same with Google Wallet.

I have an iPhone and yes, the Xpass is in my wallet but I still have a photo and printed copy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maplemoose said:

Just received documentation and luggage tag for upcoming trip. Included were instructions to print the express pass which is in my app or I would have to jump through hoops at the pier. Does this mean I have to repeat process on the website on my desktop? There is no way I can print from the app. 

Do you need to print it?

No.

Does it make sense to print it?

For me yes. Always have paper backups of all documents just in case. The paper is never wasted as, torn in two, it fits nicely on my A5 clip board ( the onboard flyers for art auctions etc end up on the same board).