Parking at Bklyn cruise terminal

RoePost

On 4/27/2023 at 9:23 AM, funNsun4me said:

I heard somewhere that the 7 day is really considered an 8 day and you are charged $45 a day for 8 days, can anyone confirm?

I paid $315 for the 4/22 - 4/29 cruise. The last one after ours was a day longer cruise (Miami itinerary instead of PC)

The next 8-night sailing is August 13th, 27th, and September 10th.

So unless you are on those Miami sailing you aren't paying for an "extra" day.

Just remember the August 13th 8-night departure is also sold as 14 night Bermuda Bahamas Florida sailing so there is also the possibility not all cars leave after the 8-night Bahamas/Florida.

Interesting way to advertise back-to-back sailings so maybe more people take up on this than other cruise lines. I wonder if people know they have to debark in their stop over in Brooklyn on the 14 night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brighton Line said:

Just remember the August 13th 8-night departure is also sold as 14 night Bermuda Bahamas Florida sailing so there is also the possibility not all cars leave after the 8-night Bahamas/Florida.

Interesting way to advertise back-to-back sailings so maybe more people take up on this than other cruise lines. I wonder if people know they have to debark in their stop over in Brooklyn on the 14 night. 

MSC seems to do this a lot and I really appreciate it because the cost for the "combined" B2B tends to be lower than booking the two legs of the B2B separately.

1 hour ago, Brighton Line said:

Back in the day the MCT maxed you out at 10 days parking fee even if the cruise was longer. I wonder if that is still the case for MCT and BCT since are both runned by the same company ?

10 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Back in the day the MCT maxed you out at 10 days parking fee even if the cruise was longer. I wonder if that is still the case for MCT and BCT since are both runned by the same company ?

For inquiries regarding Brooklyn or Manhattan Cruise Terminal parking, email Jason.Rubino@propark.com or call 646.299.4670.

Edited by Brighton Line

17 hours ago, CTGirl74 said:

Qazzy, when is your cruise? We, too, are coming from CT for a cruise in October. I'd be interested in hearing what your experience is with the parking.

Our cruise is May 21st. 12 days to go!  I'll get back to you by the end of the month with our parking details.

I'm still very anxious about this.  I guess I overthink everything because everyone says not to worry about it.  I wish they would let me make a parking reservation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This week's sailing was completely sold out and I have not heard any reports of insufficient parking. My brother was able to park at the terminal without issue.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, legalangel said:

We are driving to terminal - from NJ (Ocean County); crossing our fingers for parking !

Hi neighbor, I'm in Ocean County too, Whiting area. Leaving for our cruise Sunday. We were going to drive, but my son is going to take us. Where abouts are you and when are you sailing?

13 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

This week's sailing was completely sold out and I have not heard any reports of insufficient parking. My brother was able to park at the terminal without issue.

I have a feeling it's going to be close with this weeks coming up being sold out. I bid on YC balcony and lucked out. A few bid on YC interior and got a balcony, go figure. If I would have done that, I would have gotten the interior, lol. But I'm happy, it will be an experience. I'm sure more people will get them as they continue trying to fill her up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legalangel said:

Hi Sammee…

We are sailing Sunday 😎️ just a few days away!!  We live near Toms River.

I grew up there and go there often for the shopping. Sunday can't come soon enough.

Belmar here! We are a bit nervous about returning on the 10/25 cruise to the NYC Marathon and bridge closures! Plus, Princess will be parking then too adding to the lot filling up concerns. Fingers crossed... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

Belmar here! We are a bit nervous about returning on the 10/25 cruise to the NYC Marathon and bridge closures! Plus, Princess will be parking then too adding to the lot filling up concerns. Fingers crossed... 

We are also on 10/25 Miraviglia.  We live in East Brunswick.  Uber gave us a quote of $75 each way.  Just hope we can get one getting off the ship on 11/5.

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

We are also on 10/25 Miraviglia.  We live in East Brunswick.  Uber gave us a quote of $75 each way.  Just hope we can get one getting off the ship on 11/5.

I would definitely recommend trying to pre-schedule at least the departure, and probably if you can, the return trip. The surging might be crazy on the day of with everything going on. Uber and Lyft both offer the option, and sometimes one is cheaper than the other. Unfortunately, my mom uses a mobility device and sometimes drivers refuse to transport them so it's best we park. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 10:43 AM, Qazzy said:

I'm still very anxious about this.  I guess I overthink everything because everyone says not to worry about it.  I wish they would let me make a parking reservation.

Haha I feel you! My worry is never, "Will the ship sink/plane crash?" It's, "Will I be able to get parking? How early should I leave the house? What route should I take?" I'm a planner in that respect, so it's driving me nuts not knowing exactly how much parking there is. Since we're within driving distance (about 100 miles), my husband and I plan to take a drive down ahead of time and scope out the situation. I'm recovering from hip replacement at the moment, so probably not until next month.

Edited by CTGirl74

Just talked to my brother who was on the 5/7 sailing. He said they got there at 9:00am on Sunday morning and had their pick of spots. He said when he left on the 14th, it wasn't full either, though he doesn't know how many people disembarked before him. He was YC so did get priority disembarkation.

• Like 1

MSC's single ship is the only ship sailing out of Brooklyn until late July and then it is Cunard on TA cruises so even then not many people park at the Pier when doing a Trans Atlantic. For now, you are basically exchanging parking spaces with the cruise before you. 

Worry more in the late summer/fall when Princess starts sailing round trips to see if the parking lot can handle two cruises worth of parking passengers I would be more concerned then. 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2023 at 9:06 AM, RoePost said:

Anyone have experience parking at Bklyn cruise terminal.   I understand there is limited space.   I hear only 860 parking spaces ?  this seems like a problem if the ship is close to full. I understand fee is $45 a day .,,not concerned with price only amount of available parking space.  Thank you.   

We were on the May 7-14th cruise. There were plenty of parking spaces available. I would say the lot was 2/3 full looking at the lot from our balcony. 

On 5/11/2023 at 10:34 AM, EllieinNJ said:

Sounds about right.    For the return though, expect it to be much more.   Still, it's cheaper than a car service or parking there.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 5:25 PM, CTGirl74 said:

Qazzy, when is your cruise? We, too, are coming from CT for a cruise in October. I'd be interested in hearing what your experience is with the parking.

As it turned out, our boarding time was changed from 3:00 to 11:30 and then to 10;00, with the changes happening just days before our sailing.  We left CT at 8:00 for a 2 hour trip.  Traffic was heavy but for the most part wasn't awful until we got close to the port.  It took an extra hour to go the last mile!  Many side streets lead to the entrance of the port.  They need better traffic control, more police at intersections. Traffic lights would change and you would go nowhere.  Stressed drivers were blowing their horns, this did nothing to improve the situation.

We finally arrived at the parking lot around 11:00.  At this point, I would estimate the lot was about half full.  At the sail away, I got a good look at the lot, it was then approximately about 90% full.  I would guess less than 100 spots left in the back. While this worked for our cruise, I can't imagine this current lot accommodating 2 cruise ships.  There are 2 large dirt lots adjoining the paved lot.  I don't know who owns them or if there are plans to make more parking there, but it seems that would be a likely solution.

I would not rule out sailing out of Brooklyn again but I would want to hear something has ben done to improve the traffic flow and parking if there is going to be more than one ship using the port.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Qazzy said:

As it turned out, our boarding time was changed from 3:00 to 11:30 and then to 10;00, with the changes happening just days before our sailing.  We left CT at 8:00 for a 2 hour trip.  Traffic was heavy but for the most part wasn't awful until we got close to the port.  It took an extra hour to go the last mile!  Many side streets lead to the entrance of the port.  They need better traffic control, more police at intersections. Traffic lights would change and you would go nowhere.  Stressed drivers were blowing their horns, this did nothing to improve the situation.

As luck would have it, someone did a multpart review of a sailing on the Meraviglia out of Brooklyn at the end of April and it clearly shows the traffic leading up to the port, the port itself, parking lot, and luggage drop-off. It was really good. Here's the link in case anyone wants to watch. The traffic starts somewhere around the 5:30 mark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1