NCL Bliss- Alaska (Questions)

16 minutes ago, Tracyr said:

Thank you so much for that information.  Last question, are they K-pods or another style?

Sorry, can't help you there.  I'm actually not a coffee drinker, just going on info others have posted.

8 hours ago, Tracyr said:

Thank you so much for that information.  Last question, are they K-pods or another style?

Just ask for a coffee maker,  You’re cabin steward will bring you one.  It was one of those that had sealed coffee packets, not sure the kind as I never opened one.  I did bring MAXPRESSO packs (Amazon).  I like the Starbucks instant packets, too.

I’ve found the coffee from cruise line urns or the packets they use individually to be woeful.  Only good coffee is from the Nespresso machines, but those are only in the Haven.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tracyr said:

14 hours ago, Tracyr said:

Can anyone tell me if they have started putting coffee makers in balcony cabins again on the Bliss?

Please don't bring any device with a heating element. It is a fire hazard and will be confiscated. They use Hamilton Beach single serves. 

image.png.0df5fa9b0f82e7c9a001bf4b5791d031.png

image.png.0c73937238da8a539c22b22635f46bd9.png

Edited by BirdTravels

Thank you for the feedback.  We will probably take an Uber or Lyft but thought the light rail would be something different to try.  However, since there's only one rail running now it will be more of a hassle. BTW- we are arriving 2 days early, any insider tips....

1 hour ago, lattegirl10 said:

BTW- we are arriving 2 days early, any insider tips....

Zeke's Pizza!  Underground city tour is interesting.  I'm not a fan of Pike Place Market, but am likely in the minority as I hate to shop and wasn't really entertained by people playing catch with a fish.  I seem to remember the aquarium as being worthwhile.

We will probably take an Uber or Lyft

I think that is the smart play.  Several years ago, I was hesitant to try Uber/Lyft, likely because of the common human resistance to change and fear of the unknown.  I finally decided that good or bad, I really needed to just try them.  In Oct 2021 (AK cruise incidentally), I took Uber from SeaTac and Lyft to the port.  I've used them many times since and have had nothing but great experiences.

Lessons learned:

a) an XL will NOT fit five people, more like three people with luggage

b) in Miami, know exactly which pier you need to go to because the driver may not speak fluent English and/or know which pier NCL uses

That's about it over a couple dozen rides.😎  Probably three out of four drivers are very friendly and that adds to the ride.  The rest are best described as quiet but professional.  Never had a bad one.  Never rode in a car that wasn't clean and close to new.

Thank you for the feedback.  We will probably take an Uber or Lyft but thought the light rail would be something different to try.  However, since there's only one rail running now it will be more of a hassle. BTW- we are arriving 2 days early, any insider tips....

Snoqualmie Falls, Columbia Tower, Dim Sum for breakfast at Harbor City, Bainbridge Island Ferry, Museum of Flight, Kirkland Waterfront, Myrtle Edwards Park, Sea Plane Ride from Lake Union, Ballard Locks and Fish Ladder, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle Aquarium, Pacific Science Center (if you have kids), taste some of the 200 wineries in Woodinville or the dozens of breweries in Sodo, Mariners game, Sounders game, Pinball Museum, Happy Hour at Palisade...I can probably think of more

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

Snoqualmie Falls, Columbia Tower, Dim Sum for breakfast at Harbor City, Bainbridge Island Ferry, Museum of Flight, Kirkland Waterfront, Myrtle Edwards Park, Sea Plane Ride from Lake Union, Ballard Locks and Fish Ladder, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle Aquarium, Pacific Science Center (if you have kids), taste some of the 200 wineries in Woodinville or the dozens of breweries in Sodo, Mariners game, Sounders game, Pinball Museum, Happy Hour at Palisade...I can probably think of more

I’m curious about which of the sports will be in-season in October? I’ve been to collegiate ice hockey match in Massachusetts and an NBA game in Phoenix both back when I worked for an American company and we missed half the NBA game. I haven’t been to an NFL or Baseball game at all, I’ve watched the superbowl on tv a few times (thankfully I don’t work Mondays at that time of year). 

2 hours ago, eileeshb said:

I’m curious about which of the sports will be in-season in October? I’ve been to collegiate ice hockey match in Massachusetts and an NBA game in Phoenix both back when I worked for an American company and we missed half the NBA game. I haven’t been to an NFL or Baseball game at all, I’ve watched the superbowl on tv a few times (thankfully I don’t work Mondays at that time of year). 

The Kraken, Seahawks, Sounders, UW Huskies, and hopefully the Mariners will all be in season. The Kraken experience is amazing but if the weather is nice Husky Stadium is the most beautiful venue in all of college football. 

Edited by fastpitchdad

15 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

The Kraken, Seahawks, Sounders, UW Huskies, and hopefully the Mariners will all be in season. The Kraken experience is amazing but if the weather is nice Husky Stadium is the most beautiful venue in all of college football. 

Husky Stadium is the Mistake by the Lake.  Easily avoidable.

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2023 at 2:36 PM, lattegirl10 said:

Sailing next week, can someone post recent dailies for the Bliss?  Also, has anyone heard about the Light rail disruptions at SEA-TEC?  Before I travel anywhere, I always google the local news stations to see what's going and what will impact my perfect vacation.  I was planning to take the Light rail service to my pioneer park hotel (I think its 3 bucks)  but don't think that will be a good idea now.  Any suggestions besides Uber/Lyft?  

We just used the light rail last weekend.

There's a track problem requiring a change/bus beyond Pioneer Square toward Westlake. We walked to Pioneer, boarded the train and rode straight to the airport for $3 pp. Easy.

Know that the walk at the airport is ridiculously long, but we travel with carry-ons only, so it's manageable.

15 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

We just used the light rail last weekend.

There's a track problem requiring a change/bus beyond Pioneer Square toward Westlake. We walked to Pioneer, boarded the train and rode straight to the airport for $3 pp. Easy.

Know that the walk at the airport is ridiculously long, but we travel with carry-ons only, so it's manageable.

Thanks for the heads up, this is disappointing. I was going to use it tomorrow from the airport to get to the Monorail (to go to Climate Pledge Arena) from the airport 😞