Princess seems to be back

Guest ldtr

Ive often wondered about those cruisers who are dissatisfied with what they get from their travel €,£,¥, or $s and keep coming back. Haven't they heard the Einstein quote "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

If I was dissatisfied I wouldn't return. But they do? (Or are they secretly satisfied but just like to complain)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Is this the 1st time you've seen drop & go fares for cruises departing soon?? Those are often 50% off out of SF. 

Not sure about this claim about cheap cruises.  We are departing on Sky in July 2023, and fares are currently 15% higher than when we booked last year.

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

OK - not much help as we are booked up for this year, and the prices are still higher than when we booked 12 months ago.

18% of most cruises through my ta at the moment, so prices are really good this year

Edited by antsp

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Is this the 1st time you've seen drop & go fares for cruises departing soon?? Those are often 50% off out of SF. 

24 day cruise on the sky in sept for £1740 is a good price in my book

3 minutes ago, antsp said:

18% of most cruises through my ta at the moment, so prices are really good this year

I guess the key question is - 18% off what ? Certainly not our cruise. 

• Like 1

Cheapest interior cabin price is £2099 for that cruise.  I guess you might get some discount from your TA. 

No way that I want to be cooped up in a dismal inside cabin for 24 days, especially sailing the North Atlantic, so I will pass! 

• Like 2

Just now, antsp said:

Is this including everything?  Port charges, taxes?

Just now, waltd said:

Is this including everything?  Port charges, taxes?

I can't see that price on the UK web site. £2099 is the price I see, which is for the lowest grade inside cabin, but does include all fees, charges etc. 

Just now, wowzz said:

I can't see that price on the UK web site. £2099 is the price I see, which is for the lowest grade inside cabin, but does include all fees, charges etc. 

Yes, my ta discounts 18%

Today

So, you are getting 18% off prices that are 15% higher than they were a year ago. In which case, you have got a slightly better deal than me, assuming you are able to obtain the cabin of your choice.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

UK TA ? That is an unbelievable discount in the UK market, and entirely unprofitable for the TA concerned.

You obviously don't know what ta commissions are

8 minutes ago, antsp said:

You obviously don't know what ta commissions are

Regardless,  you are getting a discount off prices that are higher now than  they were a year ago, and with less cabin choice.

Having said that, we are no longer booking cruises years ahead,  apart from Saga. We  have decided to be more spontaneous in our holiday choices.

16 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Spoiler Alert!!  Coming Soon..."Review and Travel Journal of Our Regal Cruise to England/Guernsey/Ireland/Scotland and Wales-A Crowning Achievement"  I will be chronicling and reviewing our cruise that ended yesterday in another long and self-indulgent series of posts.  But I need to process my photos first.  But to cut to the chase, I agree 100% with the theme of this topic and experienced nothing, (and I mean nothing) that would persuade me that the Princess product is something I need to put in my rearview mirror.    

Second spoiler alert: coming in November, live from the Majestic: The Countess (jwattle) and The Commoner (c-boy) in Australia 😍

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 3:06 PM, ldtr said:

I cannot comment about steak quality since I tend not to eat it on cruise ships. More poultry, pork and sea food myself.

I believe the question was about beef, wasn’t it?

• Like 1

Guest ldtr
36 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

I believe the question was about beef, wasn’t it?

And you noticed in my response that I did not list beef in what I said a ate.

Though usually when someone asks about Beek they are referring to the various steak cuts, not the beef in fajitas, though sometimes prime rib comes up.

Edited by ldtr

9 hours ago, ldtr said:

And you noticed in my response that I did not list beef in what I said a ate.

Precisely. Just seemed to me that the question involved the current quality of the beef offerings as opposed to your protein choices. 
perhaps I misunderstood. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Cheapest interior cabin price is £2099 for that cruise.  I guess you might get some discount from your TA. 

No way that I want to be cooped up in a dismal inside cabin for 24 days, especially sailing the North Atlantic, so I will pass! 

I love insides and never feel "cooped up in a dismal cabin".  With inside prices, I can cruise more and once I step out of my Luxury Inside Suite and Changing Room, I'm on the same ship with the same amenities as everyone else.

Fortunately, there are lots of choices for everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I love insides and never feel "cooped up in a dismal cabin".  With inside prices, I can cruise more and once I step out of my Luxury Inside Suite and Changing Room, I'm on the same ship with the same amenities as everyone else.

Fortunately, there are lots of choices for everyone.

As you say, we all have our preferences. Our policy is, " No balcony, no cruise"

• Like 2