FBI Seeking Victim Information in Harmony of the Seas Hidden Camera Investigation Harmony of the Seas April 30/May1

14 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Reading between the lines, I suspect the FBI is mostly concerned with child exploitation materials. Meaning, minors who might have been caught on the camera. 

Even then, I wouldn't want my child's name to be attached to that video.  

4 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Even then, I wouldn't want my child's name to be attached to that video.  

If it meant putting a really bad guy in jail and protecting others from him/her, I'd let my child's name be used in legal proceedings.  Would I be happy about it?  Would I want it?  NO!  But, it's just too easy to have the child's name changed if needed in the future.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

If it meant putting a really bad guy in jail and protecting others from him/her, I'd let my child's name be used in legal proceedings.  Would I be happy about it?  Would I want it?  NO!  But, it's just too easy to have the child's name changed if needed in the future.  

I really don't see this guy spending any serious time in jail.  Look at the registered perverts in your neighborhood, and how much time they actually spend behind bars.  There are a few outliers, but when I do it is about 1 month for each year of the victim's age.   I live in "Hang 'Em High" Texas.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It was just on our local news in Central Florida  He worked for the city of Kissimmee since 2004 and is now fired

Yeah!  For starters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I really don't see this guy spending any serious time in jail.  Look at the registered perverts in your neighborhood, and how much time they actually spend behind bars.  There are a few outliers, but when I do it is about 1 month for each year of the victim's age.   I live in "Hang 'Em High" Texas.  

Unless something unusual happens, this is going to be a Federal beef.  Texas or Puerto Rico or any state doesn't have any jurisdiction in international waters.  I'm all for castration, painfully!  

• Like 4

I would reason that the person’s that may be victims are most likely already known by the FBI, especially if you have a Passport. Just takes a Facial Recognition  search. The ports are using it to clear custom and I am sure they have looked at or have  possession of the ships database and ship card I’d picture of all onboard. 

Can you imagine calling the FBI and letting them know you were on the ship in the bathroom and then having to describe yourself to them. Easy way to confirm is them asking your name. They can then confirm from the database and the Facial recognition ID that you are probably a victim of the voyerisum. 

It’s a shame this happend.The suspect needs to be put away for a very long time in a federal prison that will…….. I will leave it at that. 

18 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Looks like the name is Jeremy Froias.   

Cruises used to be relatively low drama places except for an occasional man overboard or missing passenger.   

Cruises used to be something that only very well off people did with any regularity or ever.  Not to say that someone who is well off couldn't do this, but you're getting a broader spectrum of society cruising now than you used to.    

8 minutes ago, BND said:

Cruises used to be something that only very well off people did with any regularity or ever.  Not to say that someone who is well off couldn't do this, but you're getting a broader spectrum of society cruising now than you used to.    

Yes, crime crosses all demographics, but obviously skews into lower socioeconomics for a variety of reasons.

RCI demographic has changed drastically since the 80s without a doubt as has cruising in general as it is now accessible to the masses whereas before you had to be making a 5 percenter salary at minimum to truly afford a cruise without massive strain to a budget or going into debt for a vacation. 

While a large portion of that demographic still cruises on the main stream lines,  many have also moved onto smaller ships and more bespoke vacations and expeditions.  

You just can’t fill all these boats that fit 4,000-6,000 people with people in the 5th percentile.  There just aren’t enough them interested in cruising out there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

It was just on our local news in Central Florida  He worked for the city of Kissimmee since 2004 and is now fired

I was wondering if that was him!  I searched his name and came up with that.  He was cyber security officer.  

image.png.1d43eb643fea49f7c05113d87a3247e6.png

• Thanks 1

I hope they search his home and his work computer.  I would say this wasn't his first time. 

I think he chose that bathroom because it's near the flow rider and a lot of kids would probably use the bathroom.  

• Like 2

The FBI is legally mandated to identify victims of crimes it investigates, and those individuals may be eligible for services or restitution under state or federal law. Participation is completely voluntary, but may be useful in the course of the investigation.

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-guest-arrested-for-planting-hidden-camera/101010

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I assume this won't be going in the family's vacation photo album. 

I really feel sorry for his family.  Does anyone know if any family members were traveling with him? 

One article I read said he was released to his wife... however it didn't say if she was on the cruise or not.  Given the location of the bathroom it's obvious he was trying to film people changing clothes and he had to know there would be kids there.  I hope he enjoys spending the rest of his life on the sex offender registry.  I Googled "Florida Offender Registry Crimes" and "Video Voyeurism of a Minor" is on the list.  

1 minute ago, Westsail32 said:

One article I read said he was released to his wife

If I'd been his wife, I wouldn't have accepted him.  She needs to look into whether he was doing this (or more) with their kids.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, moposh said:

If I'd been his wife, I wouldn't have accepted him.  She needs to look into whether he was doing this (or more) with their kids.

I can't imagine this incident would be his first attempt at recording people.  

• Like 2