Club Orange

BSR

I’m sailing on the Koningsdam in a Signature Suite. Where can I find CO benefits and cost on the HAL website? Where do you book this? Is CO a good a value if I’m in a suite?

Signature Suites give you more room, few perks.  

This is from the HAL website Club Orange  You will get added perks, with CO.  I book CO for the cabin upgrade and the private dinner on room on Pinnacle ships.

Cost depends on the length of the cruise.

8 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Signature Suites give you more room, few perks.  

This is from the HAL website Club Orange  You will get added perks, with CO.  I book CO for the cabin upgrade and the private dinner on room on Pinnacle ships.

Cost depends on the length of the cruise.

Thanks for the information.  What cabin upgrade would I receive?  Does it happen when you book the CO?

I usually booked an obstructed view verandah and try to upgrade to an aft.  Adding CO is usually less ham he cost of an aft cabin.  I never book a SS, I always hope for a paid upgrade.

12 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I usually booked an obstructed view verandah and try to upgrade to an aft.  Adding CO is usually less ham he cost of an aft cabin.  I never book a SS, I always hope for a paid upgrade.

I booked thru a TA.  Would I call them or HAL to see about adding CO?

I use a PCC ( HAL TA) she can do it all for me.  Book the lowest cabin in the category you are interested.  Upgrade to the most expensive.  Some TA don’t understand the process.  Unless you want to perk of double cruise day credit, I’d book a verandah.  I don’t think SS are worth it for the extra space unless there are more than 2 in the cabin.  Of course, I am always willing to accept an upsell.

13 hours ago, BSR said:

Yes you have to have contact who ever booked the cruise for you, if it was a TA then the TA has to book it. I ran into this last week when I added CO for my November Koingsdam cruise, not wanting to bug my TA, I called HAL first and was told to go through my TA.  We had already booked an aft facing verandah cabin so we did not want the upgrade. We are also adding CO to our Volendam cruise next year and we got upgraded from a Vista Suite in the aft section of the ship to a more expensive Vista midship location and the difference in price almost paid for the cost of adding CO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Yes you have to have contact who ever booked the cruise for you, if it was a TA then the TA has to book it. I ran into this last week when I added CO for my November Koingsdam cruise, not wanting to bug my TA, I called HAL first and was told to go through my TA.  We had already booked an aft facing verandah cabin so we did not want the upgrade. We are also adding CO to our Volendam cruise next year and we got upgraded from a Vista Suite in the aft section of the ship to a more expensive Vista midship location and the difference in price almost paid for the cost of adding CO.

I did a similar upgrade on Zaandam. This is a rare time solos get a good deal. The upgrade from lowest Vista to highest Vista for a 2-week cruise would have been almost $3000 because my fare would be for two people. But I only had to pay for CO for me, and that cost $350 IIRC.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I did a similar upgrade on Zaandam. This is a rare time solos get a good deal. The upgrade from lowest Vista to highest Vista for a 2-week cruise would have been almost $3000 because my fare would be for two people. But I only had to pay for CO for me, and that cost $350 IIRC.

You got a great deal, once you understand how CO works, you can use the upgrade to get a cabin you want and have the cost of the upgrade pay for the CO cost. In our Volendam case the upgraded Vista cabin was worth $300pp and CO cost was $275pp

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Thanks for the info.   I'm already booked in a Signature Suite.   What upgrade would I get?

An added little benefit is that there is a special line for CO at guest services so your wait is shorter. Not that I like to use it. It's a little embarrassing since I  feel like I'm cutting a line. So many people wait forever at guest services. 

15 hours ago, BSR said:

I use a TA and when I wanted to add Club Orange - I just called the Club Orange # to book it.  No problem at all.  

11 minutes ago, BSR said:

Thanks for the info.   I'm already booked in a Signature Suite.   What upgrade would I get?

As long as you aren’t in the highest class of Signature Suite, you can move up in the Signature Suite category.  Do have the deck plans handy if you are doing that to make sure you are happy with the choice.

The upgrade is only in the class of cabin you booked.  If you like the cabin you have, there is no requirement to “upgrade”.

11 minutes ago, BSR said:

Depends if there is a higher cost SS available on the ship, the upgrades are only within you booking class, in your case Signature Suites. You do not get upgraded from a SS to Neptune for example. The SS's more forward or more aft are usually less cost and the ones midship are more in cost as are the deck you are on can cost less or more than other decks.

12 minutes ago, albingirl said:

An added little benefit is that there is a special line for CO at guest services so your wait is shorter. Not that I like to use it. It's a little embarrassing since I  feel like I'm cutting a line. So many people wait forever at guest services. 

I am never embarrassed about using an amenity or benefit I paid for. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone who has had CO have a copy of the expanded room service menu with CO? I remember the non CO breakfast room service menu last year on the Oosterdam was very limited. 

17 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Does anyone who has had CO have a copy of the expanded room service menu with CO? I remember the non CO breakfast room service menu last year on the Oosterdam was very limited. 

Pretty sure I posted pics on my LIVE thread but I didn’t keep them.  did you check Crew News’ recent live thread? 

The menu was similar to what is currently offered to Neptune Suites as I recall it.  There were hot breakfasts, etc

The separate CO line at Guest Services is great. It doesn't bother me to use it. But one time I went to Guest Services and there was no one waiting so I just went to the first available agent. When she saw my orange sea pass, she told me that I had to use the CO line! (Then she laughed!) 

2 hours ago, albingirl said:

I've waited longer in the club orange line.  I always seem to get behind someone that wants to discuss their entire life with guest services so I end up switching to the regular line.  I've also be ignored in the line.  Say they didn't see me.   I'm such a tiny thing after all it's hard to see me ;).

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Depends if there is a higher cost SS available on the ship, the upgrades are only within you booking class, in your case Signature Suites. You do not get upgraded from a SS to Neptune for example. The SS's more forward or more aft are usually less cost and the ones midship are more in cost as are the deck you are on can cost less or more than other decks.

I'm in the highest SS, so looks like I will not be upgraded to Neptune?  What about this statement on their program benefits - "if a stateroom upgrade is not available at that time, guests will receive an alternative benefit determined by our Ship Inventory team."  What is the alternative benefit?

9 minutes ago, BSR said:

I'm in the highest SS, so looks like I will not be upgraded to Neptune?  What about this statement on their program benefits - "if a stateroom upgrade is not available at that time, guests will receive an alternative benefit determined by our Ship Inventory team."  What is the alternative benefit?

Maybe another coaster.  I've yet to see the special event with club orange.  Not even an offer to clean my jewelry.  You won't be upgraded to a neptune.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Maybe another coaster.

LOL.... I'm in the same predicament.... coasters are just extra luggage weight returning home. DH would like a ships tour tho..... think the offer will be extended?? Nah.....hope is eternal.....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BSR said:

You won’t be upgraded to an NS but you may receive an upsell offer.  If you do, and you like the offer - be sure to mention you bought Club Orange.  My understanding from posts on this board is they deduct the cost of CO from the upgrade price.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

You won’t be upgraded to an NS but you may receive an upsell offer.  If you do, and you like the offer - be sure to mention you bought Club Orange.  My understanding from posts on this board is they deduct the cost of CO from the upgrade price.

They did deduct it from the upgrade price as well as the unlimited laundry we pre-paid.

• Like 2

So frustrated about CO - I've tried 3 times to purchase CO with the intent of upgrading to my preferred balcony location and have yet to be successful. 

1st time was w/PCC - she said they were discouraging buying CO due to abuse (?) - I ultimately ended the call with no booking.

2nd time was w/TA - he said his deal was better (maybe it's a hassle for TAs?) - I ultimately booked a VH Gty (my first ever Gty [I'm 4 star]) which did pay off with us getting assigned a SS!!

3rd time was last week onboard (the aforementioned SS) w/FCC who said it wasn't worth it - I ultimately booked a VB for May next year but need to figure out how to get it changed.

It's as if you mention CO upfront and they shutdown...