Ember on Vista

TonicTraveler

48 minutes ago, LadyCruisers said:

Whether lunch or dinner, I like the menu and welcome this more casual, non fussy menu as an option to all the other wonderful dining alternatives.  Something to appeal to everyone. I welcome it.

My TA is over there now. Confused as to whether she is already aboard, or waiting to board. It will be interesting to see what the early reviews are of the new venues like Embers. Wait and See.

The  announcement I saw  it is supposed to be  a quicker service than  the other  full serve  options

dinner is suppose to be 1.5 hrs   for those  do not want to  sit for  a couple of hours

I see  several things  I would like  😉

• Like 1

I like the menu also. 
I already know what I'll order in January!
Have only sailed Oceania once, almost a decade ago. I'm sure I enjoyed Jacques but  it won't make a difference to me that it isn't on Vista. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The  announcement I saw  it is supposed to be  a quicker service than  the other  full serve  options

dinner is suppose to be 1.5 hrs   for those  do not want to  sit for  a couple of hours

I see  several things  I would like  😉

Comments from staff, going to the Vista, were the plan is to flip tables in Embers hourly, not 1.5 hours. We’ll soon know. 🥂

Wow, I love the Ember menu. It's way more edited and concise than Jacques but there are many more things that appeal to me. IMO, Jacques' menu is quite dated and too much of the food is rather heavy. I also applaud the idea of turning the tables over faster. We love to eat but we don't linger. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Wow, I love the Ember menu. It's way more edited and concise than Jacques but there are many more things that appeal to me. IMO, Jacques' menu is quite dated and too much of the food is rather heavy. I also applaud the idea of turning the tables over faster. We love to eat but we don't linger. 

Plus 1

Jancruz1

• Like 1

I really like the salad selections. Completely different from the other restaurants offerings. Since we don’t have plans to sail on the Vista (Itineraries???) I hope Oceania will introduce these selections on the other ships as well.

To me Ember's menu is all dishes I can get at nice restaurants in my area. Not that it's bad, but I prefer the menu at Jacques. There are not a ton of restaurants that serve lobster thermidor but I can get a crab cake, burger or steak anywhere. That's just me. I know it's a personal thing. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Wow, I love the Ember menu.... I also applaud the idea of turning the tables over faster. We love to eat but we don't linger. 

We definitely prefer the Jacques menu.  Some real favorites there! 🙂

We happen to enjoy a nice leisurely dinner.  As for the timing, is Ember a set seating time? 

If not, who is making you "linger" if you don't want to?

The way it used to be (in Jacques, or the MDR, etc.), one could linger or not, as one pleased, and also depending upon how much one wanted to eat.

GC

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Jacques will be missed, it is our favourite restaurant of all the specialties. The restaurant was always aspiring to be a fine French dining experience. To be part of the slow food movement to slow down and appreciate the cuisine. The sample menu for Ember looks interesting, the pictures of the space look more like a restaurant that wants to turn over their tables to increase revenue. The hour and a half eating guide is not conducive to relaxing over a meal. For someone with time constraints there is always the Terrace Cafe, or even the GDR.

• Like 7

It may  work for those that like  to be served   but not  sit for a couple of hours

Not everyone want to pop up & down  to get there  dinner

It may not be for everyone  & you are not forced  to go there

JMO

• Like 1

O has different restaurants because people have different preferences.  No one is forcing us to do anything.  I would definitely suggest people try it once to see the reality.  All the reviews I've seen from those onboard the first cruise have been very positive about Ember.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woofa said:

From the pics we have seen terrace still there but outside is now covered.

That should be nicer without the hot sun beating down on you 😃

• Like 4

The menu looks nice, and I am sure the food is lovely, but not sure it would warrant booking as a speciality? 

It doesn’t LOOK like a speciality menu to me. 

The menu is more casual than the GDR and if there were a pecking order of venues on O for me this would sit below the GDR and at around the Terrace and pizza sit down option.

I like both Terrace and the pizza place btw!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

That should be nicer without the hot sun beating down on you 😃

I hate losing sitting under the stars in the evening. 

Of course, when the ship is in port, we’re not there for lunch, so not an issue. At sea, the nice sea breeze mostly negates the sun.

The ships all seem to have umbrellas on the Terrace to block the sun. 

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

The menu looks nice, and I am sure the food is lovely, but not sure it would warrant booking as a speciality? 

Maybe  they require reservations  because of the limited space   but then again WAVES  has limited seating  but then you are not being served courses

Time will tell