The "Perfect" day - $169 please

Have not cruised with RCL for awhile - so now going with grands - had NO idea the "perfect day" came with a hefty entrance fee - I thought it was all part of the private island. Not happy! If you don't do the water park - are there other pools? or just the beach? Can you rent snorkel gear at the beach?

Is there shade?

1 minute ago, suec12 said:

Have not cruised with RCL for awhile - so now going with grands - had NO idea the "perfect day" came with a hefty entrance fee - I thought it was all part of the private island. Not happy! If you don't do the water park - are there other pools? or just the beach? Can you rent snorkel gear at the beach?

Is there shade?

The island is free, there are many places to grab loungers, there is a pool, and a LOT of the beach open to you.....and various places for shade too

• Like 4

Yes, lots of all inclusive on the island, pools, food and shade! Only pay for water park, upscale resort area, some loungers with umbrellas, day beds, snorkel equipment, balloon ride, etc. Ship drink packages can also be used at bars on the island. You can enjoy the island all day without paying a dime, if you so choose! Cheers!

• Like 4

Tons of included things to do.  Also many things that are stupid crazy expensive (when there is great free stuff right next to it).  Zero need to pay extra to have a blast and/or relax in a nice area with a lounger.  

• Thanks 1

Well as an adult, I agree with what others have said but then you have the grandCHILD element - if they see it, they will want it. I guess I'll have to put on my Grandma NO T-shirt.

If you go to the snorkel part, is there shade? While the ship is stopped at CocoCay, are the slides, surf element, rock climbing open on the ship? THANKS

17 minutes ago, suec12 said:

Well as an adult, I agree with what others have said but then you have the grandCHILD element - if they see it, they will want it. I guess I'll have to put on my Grandma NO T-shirt.

If you go to the snorkel part, is there shade? While the ship is stopped at CocoCay, are the slides, surf element, rock climbing open on the ship? THANKS

Rock wall and surf will be closed for a while.  Open some.  Slides I don’t know.  

There is a free splash zone area and fun pirate ship that any younger kid would love.  Just tell ‘em the lines are huge in the water park and it isn’t worth it.  I haven’t met many kids who don’t like a beach.  Mine loves slides and water park stuff, but they didn’t complain at all as

the could clearly see many huge slides.  There is lots of cool stuff to do and see for a kid.  Zero reason to waste 169++ on a water park for a few hours when you have a beautiful tropical beach right there to play in.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, suec12 said:

If you go to the snorkel part, is there shade?

Yes, umbrellas with loungers everywhere. When I go with my wife, she usually snorkels for a little bit in the morning while I just have an early drink under an umbrella. Then we move to the pool.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Well consider me one of the suckers. My wife and i took the plunge and got the waterpark excursions for our 4 grandsons. We will be there on June 5th on Wonder. My fear is there will be other RCI ships docked there also. it will be bad enough with 6000 people just from our ship. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

Well consider me one of the suckers. My wife and i took the plunge and got the waterpark excursions for our 4 grandsons. We will be there on June 5th on Wonder. My fear is there will be other RCI ships docked there also. it will be bad enough with 6000 people just from our ship. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!!

As you know, I'm on that sailing. We are the only ship there that day.

For future reference, you can look up port info on sites like cruisemapper.com.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

Wonder is currently the only ship slated for June 5th.  

We were there last July on Mariner and Allure was also there.  Waterpark was SUPER crowded in the morning, after a couple hours, the tower was almost walk on (it was for the lower slides).  The group raft ride was still quite a wait in the afternoon. 

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

As you know, I'm on that sailing. We are the only ship there that day.

For future reference, you can look up port info on sites like cruisemapper.com.

Thanks Mike. I hadn't taken the time to do that research. Work is hectic and only going to get worse as the cruise date gets closer. Oh well at least time is not dragging!!!

Just now, Biker19 said:

You can cancel planner purchases up till about two days out.

No, we will keep it. I hate to say it but i am also looking forward to it. The last time we were on Coco Cay, it was just an island, albeit with things to do but not this. 

4 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

Thanks Mike. I hadn't taken the time to do that research. Work is hectic and only going to get worse as the cruise date gets closer. Oh well at least time is not dragging!!!

It's dragging for me, lol. If you need any info, you know where to find me. No gratuity expected. 😁

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

No, we will keep it. I hate to say it but i am also looking forward to it. The last time we were on Coco Cay, it was just an island, albeit with things to do but not this. 

For some it is worth it.  For others it isn’t. Only you will know.  Just enjoy it either way.  

51 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

The % of the passengers paying for the water park is miniscule compared to the overall passenger numbers.  Not everyone gets off.

8 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Lol coco cay more expensive as a day at Disney

Disney is less than zero dollars for a giant pool, several beaches, lounge chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling,  unlimited tacos, chicken sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, mozzarella sticks, salad, funnel cakes, cookies, brownies, and more?

You must have some special Disney pass I'm unaware of.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Disney is less than zero dollars for a giant pool, several beaches, lounge chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling,  unlimited tacos, chicken sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, mozzarella sticks, salad, funnel cakes, cookies, brownies, and more?

You must have some special Disney pass I'm unaware of.

I’m talking about the water park price.    I know exactly how much everything else is.   
And the fresh tortillas.    

this post is about the 169.00 charges not the free portion.    

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Yes, lots of all inclusive on the island, pools, food and shade! Only pay for water park, upscale resort area, some loungers with umbrellas, day beds, snorkel equipment, balloon ride, etc. Ship drink packages can also be used at bars on the island. You can enjoy the island all day without paying a dime, if you so choose! Cheers!

Which loungers and umbrellas do you have to pay for? I thought they were all free outside of beach club and the water park.

2 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

Which loungers and umbrellas do you have to pay for? I thought they were all free outside of beach club and the water park.

None, you are correct.