In Alaska - Fettuccine Alfredo and NY Strip Steak seem to be on the Always Available Menu each night

Coral

I am sure the general guest population will appreciate seeing every day steak re-appear versus the burgers that had supplanted the steak choice some time back.  However, it also sounds like the strip steak meat is nothing to get excited about.

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This is why we don't risk shared tables for dinner.

Well, we’ve been very lucky on our previous 6 cruises.  We enjoyed the other couples at our table and we all looked forward to seeing each other at dinner and sharing our experiences.  There was one exception with a couple where the man bragged about removing their gratuities and put ketchup on his well done prime rib..ugh on both counts.  We’re going with a table for two on our Mediterranean cruise next month.

As far as Fettuccine Alfredo is concerned, we’re happy to see it regularly back on the menu.  We believe the posters who say that the strip steak is sub-par and most likely will not try it.

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

Majestic has lots of those banquette seats with tables for two only inches apart.

Yep.. that was our predicament.  Table for 2 was more like table for 6.  Packed in like sardines.

13 hours ago, DougH said:

Glad they kept the fettuccine it is one of my favorites with chicken

Me too. But now for some reason there is little to no chicken to be found on the menu for Royal this week. First night I asked if I could get chicken with the  fettuccine.Sure, no problem said the waiter. But it arrived with no chicken, and I just ate it as is.  Going to give ordering  it with chicken another try later this week. 

On 5/14/2023 at 12:59 PM, Thrak said:

How is the quality of the New York Strip?

I had it 2 or 3 times on the same ship as @EDVM96.

First steak was perfect, very buttery. Second one was a bit more fatty. The third one was better than the second but not as good as the first. 

Always asked for it without fries, had it once with the popover/Yorkshire pudding on the side :)PXL_20230501_031428408_MP.thumb.jpg.d331c27fb888c3860445e789750a5574.jpgPXL_20230504_044544551_MP.thumb.jpg.3bc37ba4f41af14ec69d3441d845fa13.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 3:59 PM, Thrak said:

How is the quality of the New York Strip?

I’d be worried that all they did was rename the strip loin. That is one sorry cut of beef; tough, gristly and flavorless.

I can't remember exactly what we ordered (it wasn't a New York Strip) but, on our last cruise, I had the best steak I've ever had on a Princess ship and it was in MDR. It was tender, juicy, and flavorful. I was shocked!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

20150121_172635.jpg.1bbd000390dfe3107a2141fe6ffd2660.jpg

But miles away from the Filet we once had always available...

So true.  My family always ordered the medallions, usually every night.  They replaced them with a bad hamburger.