Viking Laundry Price List

NantahalaCruiser

The longship that I have been on provided a complimentary passenger washers and dryers. They did provide a laundry service but never needed to use it as the washer/dryers were easy.  

13 hours ago, tulok said:

The longship that I have been on provided a complimentary passenger washers and dryers. They did provide a laundry service but never needed to use it as the washer/dryers were easy.  

Sounds like you were on a Viking ocean ship or possibly a different river line. There is no self service laundry on any Viking river ships.

I stand corrected. It was the ocean cruise and Uniworld. Our first river cruise was  Viking Rhein but went on Uniworld a couple months after. They ran together. Uniworld has self laundry.

22 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Does anyone have any recent information on Viking's laundry prices on their European longships?

Thanks.

Someone had posted a recent list on a FB group. Here are a few highlights:

underwear or bra 4 Euros

shorts 7 E

pants 10 E

shirt 8 E

polo shirt 6.5 E

tshirt 6 E

I will be washing many "travel" items in the sink...

• Like 1

I have a pic of the list from our December cruise.  The prices listed by Greysandy were correct as of December.  Don't know if they went up this season or not.  Anything you want to know that isn't listed?  I thought the prices were very high but not much room on a river cruise.

• Like 1

Here you are. This is the laundry  list from our April 2023 Rhine-Mosel Discovery cruise.

Click on image to see it full size

image.thumb.png.91c286eb49b51e4a6cfadf94192b5832.png

Edited by pontac
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Thanks very much to Pontac and Greysandy - guess the sink will be my friend 🥺

Unlimited internet and unlimited laundry are the two most amazing amenities.  We didn't think either one would be that important but once you have had them, there's no going back!

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 10:41 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Unlimited internet and unlimited laundry are the two most amazing amenities.  We didn't think either one would be that important but once you have had them, there's no going back!

Jazzbeau...I missed where there is free laundry or just in one of the suites? I agree quite a luxury that we enjoyed on our World Cruise!

40 minutes ago, deec said:

Jazzbeau...I missed where there is free laundry or just in one of the suites? I agree quite a luxury that we enjoyed on our World Cruise!

No, DW was using the laundromat on Viking throughout our cruise – and then we had to find a laundry service in London to be ready for the DIY week following.  I was speaking in general, and thinking about the difference between that and our Scenic river cruise, where being in a suite allowed us to immediately send out all our laundry from the prior week in Holland and also keep up with laundry throughout the rest of the cruise so that we wouldn't have to worry about a laundromat in Paris.  It is really freeing – it's not about the cost, but about the ease of just sending out a bag whenever you have a few items piled up.  Priceless!

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

No, DW was using the laundromat on Viking throughout our cruise – and then we had to find a laundry service in London to be ready for the DIY week following.  I was speaking in general, and thinking about the difference between that and our Scenic river cruise, where being in a suite allowed us to immediately send out all our laundry from the prior week in Holland and also keep up with laundry throughout the rest of the cruise so that we wouldn't have to worry about a laundromat in Paris.  It is really freeing – it's not about the cost, but about the ease of just sending out a bag whenever you have a few items piled up.  Priceless!

Yeah, it is about the ease, but also to some sight extent about the cost.  On Viking River, if I only pack 8 sets of underwear, undershirts & socks and send 8 sets to the laundry to get through the full cruise, it will cost me $88.  DW's will be something similar.  But I will probably spend the money rather using the sink - on the other hand, DW will probably use the sink 😎

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Yeah, it is about the ease, but also to some sight extent about the cost.  On Viking River, if I only pack 8 sets of underwear, undershirts & socks and send 8 sets to the laundry to get through the full cruise, it will cost me $88.  DW's will be something similar.  But I will probably spend the money rather using the sink - on the other hand, DW will probably use the sink 😎

Nylon underwear dries a lot faster than cotton, so the sink approach works for my DW but not for me.  I have also gotten over my fear that the ship's laundry would shrink my stuff.  Of course I don't bring brand-new cotton clothing on a trip; once it's been washed a lot at home, there is very little shrinkage potential left.  [Other than the shrinkage caused by the ship's chefs and bartenders...]

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jjjct said:

Is there a clothes line in the shower to hang wet items to dry?

Yes, and as there is underfloor heating in Viking's shower rooms it's pleasantly warm there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pontac said:

Yes, and as there is underfloor heating in Viking's shower rooms it's pleasantly warm there.

I used the heated floor overnight to dry some thicker items like socks.  The floor in the shower and under the sink is heated too so there out of the way areas to use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from 35 days of really fun travel - packed in carry on luggage.  Did board the GE with a week of laundry from land travel in Prague and Budapest, sent out a very full bag.  Always do a bit of sink laundry which dries fine in the shower. Total bill at the end of trip was a bit over $150, worth every cent to me to be able to pack light.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me what the turnaround time is for laundry?  Hope it is same or next day. 

Also, has anyone heard of local laundry services in the ports in Germany? Laundromats or pickup and delivery? Am I hoping for too much?

thanks for any info.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2023 at 3:13 PM, Bojeanne said:

Can anyone tell me what the turnaround time is for laundry?  Hope it is same or next day. 

Also, has anyone heard of local laundry services in the ports in Germany? Laundromats or pickup and delivery? Am I hoping for too much?

thanks for any info.

Not sure which ports you will be stopping in but thru my research, I’ve found laundromats in Strasbourg & Koblenz ports.  

I can not imagine spending time at a laundry during the short time we have in port.  On our recent cruises in Portugal and Bucharest to Amsterdam the laundry never took more than 24 hours.  Always perfect..yes a bit expensive but when I check laundry prices during our hotel stays the ship was slightly less costly.

• 4 months later...
On 5/19/2023 at 12:48 PM, jjjct said:

Is there a clothes line in the shower to hang wet items to dry? We are on the Viking Mani in July, our 1st River Cruise.

Yes, there is a retractable clothesline in the shower.