Navigator of the Seas 2024

On 5/15/2023 at 6:17 PM, smokeybandit said:

The timing would be right for a drydock since that last happened early 2019.

The Captain told us she will be in Singapore for a dry dock—not anything extreme—mostly changing carpets, drapes, etc. 

On 5/15/2023 at 11:08 PM, Ashland said:

Any idea what they'll be doing? She looked great the last time we were on her.

The captain said just minor things like some carpet replacement, etc. Sure wish they’d add all new COMFORTABLE mattresses like Princess.  I was NOT a fan of those hard beds last week!  Even the extra padding they provided wasn’t the greatest (says my hips). 

3 hours ago, Linsifer said:

The Captain told us last week that she will be dry docked in Singapore. At least I THINK that’s what he said.  He has a Swedish accent and I didn’t always hear him. 

Correct .... that is exactly where she'll be. What a great cruise that would be if they would let her take passengers...would book that for sure !!!

• Like 2

On 5/27/2023 at 12:14 PM, NJoynCruisin said:

\Different opinions if they will have any passengers on board.  The crew members we talked to were pretty excited about the journey.

That would be pretty fantastic if they offered it as a Transpacific on either end.

On 5/29/2023 at 3:14 PM, Linsifer said:

The Captain told us last week that she will be dry docked in Singapore. At least I THINK that’s what he said.  He has a Swedish accent and I didn’t always hear him. 

Thank you did he say if they are bringing in another ship or just no RC sailings out of San Pedro for 6 weeks?

2 hours ago, imola said:

Thank you did he say if they are bringing in another ship or just no RC sailings out of San Pedro for 6 weeks?

Not a norm bringing a Ship situations like this. Maybe Ships passing threw to Alaska on Repo's

2 hours ago, imola said:

There'll just be a blank spot in the schedule from Feb 16th until Apr 12th.  Every other ship in the fleet is fully scheduled.  

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There'll just be a blank spot in the schedule from Feb 16th until Apr 12th.  Every other ship in the fleet is fully scheduled.  

Thank you.  It is a shame that they will once again leave the West Coast hanging.  However good time to try another line I guess. 

On 5/16/2023 at 9:02 AM, NJoynCruisin said:

So, it looks like there will be NO sailings out of Low Angeles in March.  That's a little odd for spring break month.  Luckily, we usually sail Jan/Feb, May, Sept out of LA.  So easy for us coming from Az.

Having been on the Navi for a weekend cruise, I don't blame them for wanting to take her out of service over Spring Break, and go into dry dock.

That weekend end was a "run and hide" scenario last year!  Crazy loud, crazy people, college students falling down drunk by 2pm on embarkation day. And the pleasant experience of watching a young woman being walked into the elevator lobby in handcuffs on debarkation day, while the authorities are searching the trash can for her drugs.

Edited by pcur

On 6/3/2023 at 9:25 AM, pcur said:

Having been on the Navi for a weekend cruise, I don't blame them for wanting to take her out of service over Spring Break, and go into dry dock.

That weekend end was a "run and hide" scenario last year!  Crazy loud, crazy people, college students falling down drunk by 2pm on embarkation day. And the pleasant experience of watching a young woman being walked into the elevator lobby in handcuffs on debarkation day, while the authorities are searching the trash can for her drugs.

I agree not good behavior but have seen all of this on other lines and sometimes not over spring break.  We try to miss that time of year if possible.  One year a group of young, drunk male Spring Breakers were getting their picture taken by a ship's photographer.  Just as the photo was about to be   snapped the guy in front whipped out his "private part" to the shock of all those around waiting in line.  The photographer somehow knew what was coming and took the photo from above the waist.  After the photo I strolled over to the group and told the young, drunk man to "put that thing away until it grows up"!!  His buddies really gave him the business and he wasn't so smug with his red face then.  I was much younger and braver then.  lol 

• Haha 1

From what I think I've read, biggest part of a dry dock is doing a full hull inspection to make sure everything is good down there. They might add some minor work inside, but nothing major like a redesign or "amplification" style work - especially for only a 2 week scheduled dry dock.

I agree it will be sad to be without a ship in LA for the ~6 week period or so, but at least there are dates populating for 2025 so the West Coast seems to be good business for Royal. Would be great to add another ship, but the limited selection of itineraries might make Royal think it isn't that good of business sense. I'll take what I can get for Navigator being my home ship though. I'll even take the shorter weekend ones to get me out on the water. I can usually find a way to avoid the ones wanting the short journey as a party cruise, and still find a way to enjoy myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JK805 said:

They might add some minor work inside, but nothing major like a redesign or "amplification" style work - especially for only a 2 week scheduled dry dock.

Her dry dock appears to be 6 weeks but I agree I doubt there will be much done beyond a superficial touchup. Navigator is already considered "Amped". There isn't much more they are going to do to a Voyager class ship.

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Her dry dock appears to be 6 weeks but I agree I doubt there will be much done beyond a superficial touchup. Navigator is already considered "Amped". There isn't much more they are going to do to a Voyager class ship.

True, not much more they likely can do to an already “amped” Voyager class ship. But I like her how she is, and even enjoy one of the newly added staterooms added during her amplification, even if I need to keep an old card on hand for the cabin lights!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, SDCruiser1970 said:

Just heard from a crew member that the Escape Room on Navigator will be changed during drydock. 

We did it once... I'm one and done.  Hopefully they add a VR experience like they have on Odyssey.  

8 hours ago, SDCruiser1970 said:

Just heard from a crew member that the Escape Room on Navigator will be changed during drydock. 

Welcome to CC.

Take anything crew tells you (about dry dock changes) with a grain of salt.