Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

Quite a little adventure here in Miami on this afternoon / evening... Didn't work out exactly as I'd planned, but when does it ever? I'm back here at the tiny hotel room now with a big can of Fosters lager from CVS... There was a guy out from, homeless I assume, that was opening the door for everyone who came and went. He was asking for spare change, so I told him that I'd catch him in my way out. When I was done paying for my stuff, he opened up the door for me again, and I threw him a $20 bill and told him to take a couple of hours off and get something to eat... He was genuinely appreciative, and hopefully he did end up having a better night than he planned on...

I'm parked here for the night, I guess... Nothing else to really see or do, not that I haven't already walked ten miles today... I'm hoping for a good night's sleep, and a nice smooth boarding process tomorrow... 

Despite all the hiccups today, I guess that it didn't turn out to be all that bad...

• Like 32

1 hour ago, JinxyB said:

Ummmm….what’s with the rag doll on the bed?? 🤔🤪

I was asking the same thing myself when I walked in the room... They're selling them down in the lobby. Maybe I should steal this one for the three hundred bucks they charged me for this tiny room...

• Haha 12

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Woah. That is small!

I just put a hold on the Homewood Suites in Brickell for my December Virgin sailing. It was a surprisingly low price so I grabbed it!

Keep checking their rates. If they are not booking as much as they like, the rates drop. I am staying there for three nights in June. So far, I have saved over 26 a night by checking back a couple of times. I will be using the "prepay before seven days and get a discount" at the eight-day mark. I have insurance so if anything should happen then I should be covered. 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was asking the same thing myself when I walked in the room... They're selling them down in the lobby. Maybe I should steal this one for the three hundred bucks they charged me for this tiny room...

That thing is creepy and would be at the bottom of the closet. I hate dolls! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

About 9:30 on Saturday evening, and I guess I'm about to put in my ear plugs and call it a night... I'm hoping and praying for a smoother travel day tomorrow. Worst come to worst, I could actually walk to the port with my suitcase from here... Goodnight Cruise Critic, and I hope to see you all here tomorrow for embarkation day of the Scarlet Lady!...

• Like 33

1 minute ago, JinxyB said:

That thing is creepy and would be at the bottom of the closet. I hate dolls! 

Shucks, I was thinking about taking it and sending it to you... I guess that I won't now:/

• Like 1
  • Haha 28

26 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

If you do, they'll likely charge your card for the doll.

eta - a little google research and apparently they will charge for the doll if you take it.  Not sure how much though.

Edited by cml4958
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

About 9:30 on Saturday evening, and I guess I'm about to put in my ear plugs and call it a night... I'm hoping and praying for a smoother travel day tomorrow. Worst come to worst, I could actually walk to the port with my suitcase from here... Goodnight Cruise Critic, and I hope to see you all here tomorrow for embarkation day of the Scarlet Lady!...

Bad dress rehearsal always means great show! Cheers! Have a wonderful cruise. I’m on my Virgin VV in December so will love to follow your fun escapades! 

IMG_3471.jpeg

• Like 9