TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

how we’ve managed to be caught in the Southwest fiasco and now this… pretty impressive, kudos to me tbh 

Does this mean my lost bags are your fault?

My Tiles are showing Terminal 5 Airside. BA still says searching for them. Fortunately we’re right across the street from El Corte Ingles. Anyone know what a 38 x 32 pant is in Spain?

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Guess they didn’t get the bags on one of those first two flights. Hopefully they’re on one of these delayed jobs… still on the tarmac 

Y'all have been through it, I sincerely hope you get your bags today.  Barcelona is beautiful though, enjoy your time there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, el344 said:

Does this mean my lost bags are your fault?

My Tiles are showing Terminal 5 Airside. BA still says searching for them. Fortunately we’re right across the street from El Corte Ingles. Anyone know what a 38 x 32 pant is in Spain?

Exact same location for us. BA also says still searching for us, which is nuts. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the words of encouragement, y’all! B is having a very solid nap, I’ve managed to doze off a little here and there. The 30 or so straight waking hours caught up with us, not to mention all the stress of this crapola. 

anyway, it’s 4p here, bags are still in London next to a plane, and no communication of any kind from BA. We’ll have to work in a shopping spree by tomorrow I’m afraid. I wonder where fat Spaniards shop?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Just chillin’, like me on the Lido deck

IMG_0124.thumb.jpeg.fa34dca68d658228e06bbf9df82339f9.jpeg

Wow that's heartbreaking. Worse case scenario if it comes to that point does luggage follow you to ports to retrieve if you have to get on the ship without it??

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

If we had our suits, this might just be a pool day! Weather is perfect and this joint has a great chill little pool 

IMG_0092.thumb.jpeg.28548f994e6842609752dd509574181d.jpeg

IMG_0093.thumb.jpeg.090e796558f263cb5e977e7831927771.jpeg

IMG_0094.thumb.jpeg.5efb811694a94d6b71c17707dfc8a243.jpeg

IMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.1411a419d24db229265ebb7f9b3535bd.jpeg

IMG_0091.thumb.jpeg.b6a084d5ec08f22e6a8636c1d9c69798.jpeg

Jump in, clothes and all!  You deserve it!

• Like 4

Now that I think about it, the guy at the luggage counter at BCN used a dot matrix printer, complete with the little rings on the side of the sheet. Probably should have been a red flag. 

• Haha 12

5 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This is unimaginable. I’m totally re-planing my packing now. It’s fortunate that you flew in so early, but I know it’s extremely inconvenient.  

I'm sitting here watching the news about how crazy travel is for Memorial day as it just hit me. I will be traveling Labor Day weekend for my next cruise🤦I am totally rethinking what I have booked and think I will try carry on only for the first time since it's only 6 nights.

• Like 9

Just now, LatinaInTexas said:

I'm sitting here watching the news about how crazy travel is for Memorial day as it just hit me. I will be traveling Labor Day weekend for my next cruise🤦I am totally rethinking what I have booked and think I will try carry on only for the first time since it's only 6 nights.

I’ll be traveling Labor Day weekend too. Which ship are you on? 6 day here as well. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Now that I think about it, the guy at the luggage counter at BCN used a dot matrix printer, complete with the little rings on the side of the sheet. Probably should have been a red flag. 

I told you that you should have drove through the tunnel! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 14

26 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Wow that's heartbreaking. Worse case scenario if it comes to that point does luggage follow you to ports to retrieve if you have to get on the ship without it??

we were talking about that. You think an airline could get it to anywhere on our itinerary, but I’m not sure how that would work AND if they can’t get it between two of their major hubs in 3 days, I don’t trust that at all. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This is unimaginable. I’m totally re-planing my packing now. It’s fortunate that you flew in so early, but I know it’s extremely inconvenient.  

I’m serious, I legitimately think I’ll try to avoid checking a bag at all costs in the future. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I’m serious, I legitimately think I’ll try to avoid checking a bag at all costs in the future. 

I mean… I’ll try, but can’t make any promises. 😆 I’m like a superhero… I need costume changes at the ready. 😉

• Haha 11

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

we were talking about that. You think an airline could get it to anywhere on our itinerary, but I’m not sure how that would work AND if they can’t get it between two of their major hubs in 3 days, I don’t trust that at all. 

I think I would still be pretty optimistic seeing that it's not just your luggage missing. That should hopefully work in your favor for them to get on the ball🤞

• Like 2

What an interesting weekend this is going to be here on Cruise Critic with all these live reviews going on. I'll be glued to my phone and laptop! I have a feeling that things will be even more interesting as the day progresses! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 11
  • Haha 2