Booking Specialty Restaurants

lesliew

WE are new to Regent.   Travelling with another couple.

When it comes to booking specialty restaurants, is there a way to sync up with our friends?

Or do we both have to book separately?

THANKS. 🙂

When making reservations online, be sure not to say that you want to share a table. You will be asked if you want to add anyone to your reservation. At this time, say yes and input your friends’ booking number. The four of you will reserve a table. Hope this helps.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DaveFr said:

When making reservations online, be sure not to say that you want to share a table. You will be asked if you want to add anyone to your reservation. At this time, say yes and input your friends’ booking number. The four of you will reserve a table. Hope this helps.

Dave

We did exactly this on our last cruise when we were traveling with another couple. I booked the res. and had their booking number. The resulting reservation was in my name (cabin number) for a table of four. Worked perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

Will I be able to do this if I have an earlier booking date for the restaurants than the couple we are traveling with?

No. You'll have to wait until both are eligible to book both. We asked this same question back in Sept '22, and even the ever-helpful Mike Moore couldn't make it work for us.

What worked for us (Dec '22; Splendor) is booking for two as soon as we were eligible, then canceling and booking immediately for three as soon as the other suite was eligible. We had to move one reservation to a different day to get the time we wanted, but there was still plenty of availability.

I'm guessing that 2-tops are at a premium, since most cruisers travel in pairs, but getting a 4-top should be easier.

10 minutes ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

“Yes…get the information and you do the bookings for both.”

“No. You'll have to wait until both are eligible to book both.”

🤔🥴

As recently as last winter, I booked dining for us(gold) and friends together on our booking. It was easy. 
sheila

We are gold members, and were booking Prime 7 on Navigator for the 2 of us in our Concierge cabin, along with our 2 single traveling companions, one in a Concierge cabin and the other in a guaranteed cabin (which was a veranda cabin 4 days before boarding). We were allowed to book the reservation for ourselves and our concierge friend when first available, but had to add our other dinner companion later. Since there really are no tables for 3 in Prime 7, this worked for us.

Does this same procedure apply to people travelling in named suites?  Where it says you get a guaranteed reservation each night, do you have to book ahead of time or can you decide day of?  And how would that work if you wanted to dine with someone not in a suite?

Edited by bookbabe

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:

Does this same procedure apply to people travelling in named suites?  Where it says you get a guaranteed reservation each night, do you have to book ahead of time or can you decide day of?  And how would that work if you wanted to dine with someone not in a suite?

We recently did a TA on Splendor, in a Grand Suite, and we were able to make our 3 specialty dining reservations pre cruise. Whichever specialty restaurant we felt like eating at that particular evening, we advised our Butler and he arranged for us. We ate at Prime 7 5 nights of the 12 night cruise. Not sure if you can arrange to dine with friends if they are not also in a named suite. 

Lived in TO for 18 years....back mid June for a family event. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

Was the first single traveling companion you were able to book at the time of your booking a gold member as well?

I believe they said that the 1 companion was in a Concierge suite which gives them the same booking time as gold. 

5 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

I believe they said that the 1 companion was in a Concierge suite which gives them the same booking time as gold. 

Ahhh. Thank you for the clarification. 

I’m looking for a definitive answer on whether I can book first time Regent cruisers, along with my earlier booking status. 

2 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

I’m looking for a definitive answer on whether I can book first time Regent cruisers, along with my earlier booking status. 

That would be my answer, then: No you can't. Our other party was a first-time cruiser in an H-level suite (we're Silver).

• 3 weeks later...