Dinner on Las Olas

sunsetme

2 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

What's a good place for dinner on Las Olas, not Cheesecake Factory, got that here.

Hi, there are A LOT of choices so it really depends on what you feel like eating. I am posting a link to the Blvd and you can click on the "EAT" link and see what they offer😀

https://lasolasboulevard.com/

Tons of places. Anything in particular? For something more casual I like Big City Tavern. While it is a chain, I also enjoy the Del Frisco Grille location there. Louie Bossi's for Italian. 

If you want Seafood, a well known spot, not  on Las Ollas but not to far is 15th Street Fishery. If you are staying in the Las Ollas area you'll need to take a rideshare over there. 

15th Street Fisheries is two blocks north of 17th street hotels, but a bit of a walk because there is a canal in the way (you have to go to Cordova Road, which is just east of the Embassy Suites, to get to 15th street.

There are actually two restaurants at the Fisheries: Dockside and Upstairs. The menus are different, but both feature seafood. Upstairs is a bit more formal.

If you want Las Olas, as PPs have said, there are a number of good restaurants.

One of my favorites for a semi-casual meal is the Boathouse at The Riverside Hotel. The restaurant is at the “back”  of the hotel (not on Las Olas directly). Which is good, because it is directly on the New River, with a number of tables having water views. If you went to Fort Lauderdale for the weather, its where you want to be. There are also some good deals to be had on happy hour-priced appetizers at various restaurants.

I much prefer the environment at the Boathouse. It is very reminiscent of Fort Lauderdale over the last 50 years, especially if sitting outside (I grew up literally within sight of the restaurant/hotel).

Salt 7 has some great appetizer deals for happy hour. It’s a five minute or less  walk along the river. I’d consider a progressive dinner.

5 hours ago, sunsetme said:

bowe will be staying at The Riverside, I have a reservation at YOLO but it is getting mixed reviews, is Boathouse better?

I love Boathouse….go every time I stay at Riverside. Breakfast at the other restaurant was also good.

Having lived right on Las Olas.....if you want upscale seafood Lobster Bar is excellent. Boathouse is nice open atmosphere...decent food. Louie Bossi's very good Italian ...lively atmosphere. Caffe Europa...a locals favorite. Luigi's Tuscan Grill another good Italian. Eddie V's Prime Seafood for another upscale. 

Edited by bajathree

My sis and bil recently ate at the Boathouse and LOVED it🙂. Ironically, I have stayed at the Riverside at least 1/2 dozen times and have never eaten there........maybe I will give it a try next time I sail out of Ft. Lauderdale. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sunsetme said:

bowe will be staying at The Riverside, I have a reservation at YOLO but it is getting mixed reviews, is Boathouse better?

Yolo is a seen and be seen high testosterone atmosphere.....thus all the $100+K cars parked in front. Good drinks and lively night pick up bar crowd...it's less known for it's food

Edited by bajathree

18 hours ago, FOPMan said:

15th Street Fisheries is two blocks north of 17th street hotels, but a bit of a walk because there is a canal in the way (you have to go to Cordova Road, which is just east of the Embassy Suites, to get to 15th street.

There are actually two restaurants at the Fisheries: Dockside and Upstairs. The menus are different, but both feature seafood. Upstairs is a bit more formal.

If you want Las Olas, as PPs have said, there are a number of good restaurants.

One of my favorites for a semi-casual meal is the Boathouse at The Riverside Hotel. The restaurant is at the “back”  of the hotel (not on Las Olas directly). Which is good, because it is directly on the New River, with a number of tables having water views. If you went to Fort Lauderdale for the weather, its where you want to be. There are also some good deals to be had on happy hour-priced appetizers at various restaurants.

You might want to give Coconuts a try next time instead of 17th St Touristy Fisheries...lol.

You have to have dinner at Louie Bossi's. The food is excellent, the drinks are great and the service is very good for a restaurant that's always packed. I would definitely recommend that you make reservations and be prepared to wait because everyone seems to eat there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

You might want to give Coconuts a try next time instead of 17th St Touristy Fisheries...lol.

I grew up in a neighborhood just north of 15th Street. Quite a number of locals dine there regularly. Coconuts is good, but parking can be an issue, as can area traffic. Now, if we were going somewhere by boat, Coconuts is a different story.

Big City is good, as is Rocco's Tacos. 

Big City is always dependable basic American cuisine, and Rocco's is upscale Mexican - the made-to-order guacamole is good with a pitcher of margaritas.

On 5/23/2023 at 3:34 PM, sunsetme said:

Hello neighbor, I just moved to Scottsdale from the downtown Fort Lauderdale / Las Olas area. 🙂

Boathouse is very good; if you like mussels, theirs are some of the best that I have had.  They have a great happy hour at the bar from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm as well.

If you are into Happy Hours ...

El Camino has a daily HH from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm.  $5 margaritas and $3 tacos (at the bar).  It gets incredibly noisy, so I sit at the side bar seats on the alley (towards the back parking lot).

Louie Bossi has a daily HH from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm (at the bar).  $2 off all drinks and 1/2 off all pizza.  On Wednesday nights, it is 1/2 off bottles of wine (under $100) with purchase of an entree.

Rivertail has HH Monday - Friday from 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm / 7:00 pm.  Beer and wine specials and $0.99 oysters.

Eddie V has HH Monday - Thursday from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm (at the bar and bar tops).  Nice cocktail specials and really good food options.

Tacocraft (not on Las Olas) has Taco Tuesday specials:  $8 margaritas and $4 tacos.  All other days, their HH is good too.

After dinner, head over to Vinos Wine Bar.  The wine bar itself is nice, and there is a cozy speakeasy towards the back exit, through a side door.

Another vote for the Boathouse- had a late lunch there yesterday after the CarrieB boat tour (also highly recommend).  Food was great and very well priced.  Servers were amazing and atmosphere was perfect. We made reservations on the website but probably didnt need them for lunch.