princess cruiser on carnival for first time

greener

I wish there was "status portability" between Carnival Corp brands. I know it is a sore subject for some cruisers. We are Platinum on Carnival, just a cruise or two away from Diamond. We are going on the HAL Amazon cruise next year and it would be nice to take our status with us to HAL. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

I wish there was "status portability" between Carnival Corp brands. I know it is a sore subject for some cruisers. We are Platinum on Carnival, just a cruise or two away from Diamond. We are going on the HAL Amazon cruise next year and it would be nice to take our status with us to HAL. 

Though we did not get any extra status on our first HAL cruise, we were invited to the past guest party. I assume this was because either our past sailings on either Princess, Carnival, or possibly both.

First Carnival mostly Princess.

I now prefer Carnival after being on nearly every Princess ship.  The outdoor movie is so much better in sound and viewing.  Like that you can get your own drinks, frozen yogurt/ ice cream and it’s edible!  They have Gelato at lunch that is free and just as good as Princess Royal class ships that you pay for.  Popcorn is better.  Like having at least Pizza available until very late and personally better than Alfredo’s.  Like all food choices.  
no masks needed and didn’t feel as though I might get sick, unlike Princess and didn’t hear of any quarantine.   Liked all the fun and rooms and the bathrooms bigger, shower bigger.  Balcony room is definitely better than Princess balcony even deluxe balcony room.  A real type miniature golf course.  The crew I felt bent over backwards to make sure cruise was good and issues taken care of.  Very impressed and didn’t expect to want to cruise Carnival again.

On 5/26/2023 at 1:09 PM, ontheweb said:

Though we did not get any extra status on our first HAL cruise, we were invited to the past guest party. I assume this was because either our past sailings on either Princess, Carnival, or possibly both.

Princess/ Holland share some aspects of management.  Carnival is independent.

On 5/26/2023 at 2:27 PM, stobe1 said:

I wish there was "status portability" between Carnival Corp brands.

I know it is a sore subject for some cruisers.

We are Platinum on Carnival, just a cruise or two away from Diamond.

We are going on the HAL Amazon cruise next year

and it would be nice to take our status with us to HAL. 

We have done 14 cruises: 11 on Carnival, two on Ocean Village,
and one on Caribbean Princess.
Every one of them a Carnival Corp. ship!

Yet no portability among them: ridiculous...

Farcus-363.jpg

OVbrand-29.jpg

WAKE-121.jpg

• Like 3