Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

9 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Almost the same picture on his review. Freaky, had to check which review I was reading for a minute.

oh. May not have been at the same time. I was only there for a second.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Alright check this out. I had chef’s table booked tonight. I’ve been on the fence about it because tonight is the Venetian thing. We didn’t know that until todays fun times came out and I’m basically going to miss it with chefs table. When I finally saw the gs line down, I stopped by and asked.

They called the manager which is Hanna the same person I dealt with last night at Viaggio. She said it’s a $25 fee unless you cancel 24 hours in advance. I wanted to talk to her anyway to let her know people who prebooked and paid grats are being told they didn’t pay grats. On that she said she would check into it.

On my chefs table situation she said all she could do is move me to tomorrow. Which is Malaga. Which is an 8pm port day and I was hoping to do dinner in Malaga. I said go ahead and move it. She did it. 

I walked down to the elevator. Stopped. Turned around around and went back. I said hey I have a chef’s table tomorrow night at 6 right? Yes. And I can get a full refund if I cancel 24 hours in advance right? Yes. I hold up my phone that says 5:38..I’d like to cancel. Done. Full refund? Yes.

sneaky lol

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Mayan ruins. But I also like Merida. 

I did a b2b on breeze (and vista) since the restart. The free bus takes you to a different meet place as before covid and the local tours have changed. 

I'm trying to remember and think I did chichen itza from progresso,  closest pt. Carnival showed me Mexico. 

If you go to progresso, and take the free bus, the locals have a bus running to 4 things. Not sure the ruins you want to see but also flamingos  ..though in the wild they are only pink during the right time so might not be of interest... but for about $55 pp they take you 4 places. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I did a b2b on breeze (and vista) since the restart. The free bus takes you to a different meet place as before covid and the local tours have changed. 

I'm trying to remember and think I did chichen itza from progresso,  closest pt. Carnival showed me Mexico. 

If you go to progresso, and take the free bus, the locals have a bus running to 4 things. Not sure the ruins you want to see but also flamingos  ..though in the wild they are only pink during the right time so might not be of interest... but for about $55 pp they take you 4 places. 

Well I haven’t been since 2017 but at that point they were doing a different bus dropoff than 2014-2016. 2014-2016 they were dropping us in the back of the bus terminal. In 2017 they dropped us down the street. They seem to pretty much offer all of the same excursions.

https://www.autoprogreso.com/en/#tours

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There is so much door slamming going on. I wonder if these are balcony doors slamming. I’ve never been on the outside.

Door slamming is what I dislike about travel the most. Shockingly on NCL I didn't hear not even one door slam!

• Like 1

After the spike show it was too late to book Viaggio even tough I had my mind on that after the chef’s table cancellation. I decided to walk up and see what’s up because nobody is ever full for dinner this late. I asked Hanna if she wanted to get some of her money back. She asked if I’d like to join them for dinner tonight. Sure.

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

I had a different server than last night. I told her what I had last night and asked for her recommendations outside of those items. She made her recommendations and I went with those.

Here they are.

IMG_3239.thumb.jpeg.54280a3e4f581115dda64b57382962a3.jpeg

It was all good but the mile high dessert was the star. If im

picking my perfect meal it’s last nights picks with tonight’s dessert. The only thing is if last nights picks fill you up, tonight’s dessert will melt. 

IMG_3453.thumb.jpeg.9b2c6b9ebff188fcc358ed2541292607.jpeg

IMG_3452.thumb.jpeg.eb2a7c9186aed3ccd53fa9e56a0ade23.jpeg

IMG_3454.thumb.jpeg.a8ab6ee7daba4ea94c7a4472582f02cf.jpeg

IMG_3455.thumb.jpeg.ecfbd89cf99cd6866f7d27dcf016bf40.jpeg

IMG_3459.thumb.jpeg.c43b6b9410fd0d6e7f3cc2a116c29f15.jpeg

IMG_3461.thumb.jpeg.87049b9b2d1cf01dc3c616cce7ea49f6.jpeg

IMG_3462.thumb.jpeg.2609c2153c0161e1ae0ae13b9158aee1.jpeg

IMG_3463.thumb.jpeg.ff9c6f85252515fb4663972fe7ce0315.jpeg

These were better than the day old ones I tried this morning.

IMG_3465.thumb.jpeg.407e8e158613250046f41eef705f829f.jpeg

IMG_3464.thumb.jpeg.cb5a28e1cfda09ffbf6471ac5515e4a2.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

I know I’m eating here at least one more time because I prebooked it for the last night as well… if I were picking my own items i probably would’ve gone with the pork chop. But I didn’t want to do that because I had a pork chop for lunch. At the Emeril talk today items that were specifically mentioned were  the chicken parmigiana, the pork chop, the pizza, and the mile high. The waiter last night mentioned the pizza as well but supposedly it’s so big they want it to be for two people.

• Like 9

Be careful with all things financial with these people. Since last night they were bringing around the $42 bill asking for a tip, I assumed it was the same tonight and immediately hit the 20%. Tonight they actually already added 18% and were looking for an additional tip. Generous me I tipped 38%. But on top of that they charged me for two people. I went back and they removed the second person.

IMG_3466.thumb.jpeg.bf8b49d73e7a2019b5f9114245f726dd.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I know I’m eating here at least one more time because I prebooked it for the last night as well… if I were picking my own items i probably would’ve gone with the pork chop. But I didn’t want to do that because I had a pork chop for lunch. At the Emeril talk today items that were specifically mentioned were  the chicken parmigiana, the pork chop, the pizza, and the mile high. The waiter last night mentioned the pizza as well but supposedly it’s so big they want it to be for two people.

I probably would have tried the appetizer with shrimp. It sounds good. Imcoukdnt read the 2nd app, but hope it was good. But you got a entree with shrimp so I guess that's why. Too much shrimp. All this food makes my mouth water.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

No actually it was this girl named Stephanie from upstate New York who cruises with her mom. It turns out we missed each other by one cruise on panorama in 2020 and Magic last year. I told her I spent a few days in NYC last year and she wasn’t impressed. “It’s not that great.” I’m noticing a trend of people from upstate New York not being fans of NYC. I had the lady from upstate at alchemy on magic I was talking to last year who took issue with me referring to New York City as New York.  But Stephanie works at a microbrewery so that’s pretty cool.

I live in Upstate NY and can relate.  Our vote’s just don’t count due to their population. But… I still choose to live here for many reasons. Some of which are amazing lakes, mountains and wide open spaces. 😊

Edited by Shell557
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shell557 said:

I live in Upstate NY and can relate.  Our vote’s just don’t count due to their population. But… I still choose to live here for many reasons. Some of which are amazing lakes, mountains and wide open spaces. 😊

I for one can say I Love upstate NY. We visit every year from Massachusetts. Absolutely beautiful.

• Like 2