princess website only nonrefundable deposits?

elaine5

It had been functioning such that if you chose to let Princess choose your cabin you would see a slightly lower fare with a non-refundable deposit.  And if you selected to choose your own cabin you would see a slightly higher fare with a refundable deposit.  By any chance did you select the "Princess Chooses" option?

17 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

And if you selected to choose your own cabin you would see a slightly higher fare with a refundable deposit.

opposite--choose my own is slightly higher and both have NRD. July 26, 2024 island princess. 

14 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

opposite--choose my own is slightly higher and both have NRD. July 26, 2024 island princess. 

Interesting. I tried interior, oceanview, and balcony and all show refundable deposits for me in the choose your own option.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

I just checked without logging in and I see the same thing that you are seeing.  I thought it might be the "Low Fares You Love" sale but lots of other cruises that are part of that promo have refundable deposits when you select "you choose" your cabin.  Agree that it's best to call about it - TAs and Princess have the ability to quote different options than the canned ones that underlie the Princess website booking engine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

I just checked without logging in and I see the same thing that you are seeing.  I thought it might be the "Low Fares You Love" sale but lots of other cruises that are part of that promo have refundable deposits when you select "you choose" your cabin.  Agree that it's best to call about it - TAs and Princess have the ability to quote different options than the canned ones that underlie the Princess website booking engine.

I agree! The Princess website gives you just a few fare codes verses agents and Princess direct have probably a dozen or more.

10 hours ago, elaine5 said:

I do not see a way to choose a refundable deposit when booking a July 2024 European cruise. Anyone know how to book online?

Yes, it does show non refundable deposit. Looks like an error. They are updating these fares every couple of days, back and forth. No other date seems to be affected.  

I’d work with your TA/CVP if you’re interested in this date.  Not sure a PCL agent would be able to help on the weekend, unless you’re lucky. 😳

I see RD's for both Princess chooses and I choose.  Have not been shopping cruises recently, so that was a surprise as I was expecting NRD for the Princess Chooses option.  Anyway, as mentioned above, either a Princess agent, or a TA can look at ALL of the eligible Fare Codes for you and offer options.  You can do the same for yourself if you can access a third-party cruise booking engine that does show you all of the eligible Fare Codes once you enter Name, Birthdate, and Captain's Circle Member Number.  Wish I could direct you, but all of them belong to travel agencies of one sort or another and cannot refer you per policy of this website.

I did a mock booking the other day and picked the "choose your own cabin" option which listed a refundable deposit. When it got to the page that showed the actual price the deposit was listed as non-refundable. Princess IT team strikes again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I did a mock booking the other day and picked the "choose your own cabin" option which listed a refundable deposit. When it got to the page that showed the actual price the deposit was listed as non-refundable. Princess IT team strikes again.

I didn't go that far earlier this afternoon.  Just have to shake the head at that bunch.  I was wondering if PCL had such negative blow-back on this fare pricing change, that they abandoned it.  There was a time in the past they tried NRD's and that went over like a lead balloon.

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Except the IT team is not “Princess” it is a 3rd party outsourced contractor, like their call center res staff, and onboard sales team, etc

Yes, none of those outsourced contractors seem to know what they are doing

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I see RD's for both Princess chooses and I choose.  Have not been shopping cruises recently, so that was a surprise as I was expecting NRD for the Princess Chooses option.  Anyway, as mentioned above, either a Princess agent, or a TA can look at ALL of the eligible Fare Codes for you and offer options.  You can do the same for yourself if you can access a third-party cruise booking engine that does show you all of the eligible Fare Codes once you enter Name, Birthdate, and Captain's Circle Member Number.  Wish I could direct you, but all of them belong to travel agencies of one sort or another and cannot refer you per policy of this website.

Don't know if this is allowed, but you can email me at justafem gmail to share the site(s).  Always interested in another way to book.  

NRD what is wrong with these, book a cruise at a price happy with, take a contract out, then just because you find it cheaper then expect Princess to give you the cheaper price at no cost - this is how it works in the UK