Alternatives to heating pad

luv2ndhalf

I have a health issue that I use a heating pad for to help with my symptoms. I have always brought my pad onto the ship and never had it confiscated. I’d like to try to find something that I can use instead……

Has anyone else found/use an alternative? Wireless heating pad?

Heat patches or hot water bottle but with the room service charge getting hot water could be pricy or hard. I've also seen people mention foot warmers that get warm when squeezed.

I don't see how a heating pad could be wireless. I have one that needs to be plugged into a USB port to charge it. It doesn't get very hot, is smaller than a normal heating pad and has an auto shutoff.  Wonder if Celebrity would allow that one.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Thanks 1

Not taking it on to a cruise, but we have this one for pain relief:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVVMJZP7?

You can plug it in to a power bank or adapter to the wall.   There are 2 settings, one for better skin and one for muscle recovery.  I use the muscle recovery one (850nm) and my wife uses both (ALL, 660nm+850nm).  Even though it is mostly for skin or muscle recovery, it also has heat and could get quite warm at Level 4.

• Thanks 1

When DH needed a heating pad we contacted special needs and they allowed us to bring a heating pad that met some criteria.  It has been a few years but from what I recall the heating pad had to have a automatic 2 hr shut off , had to be in the original package that indicated the auto shut off feature and maybe some other specifications. When going through security they did check the heating pad and allowed it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Every cruise ship I’ve sailed had free hot water in the cabin’s bathroom.

This. You shouldn't use water that is too hot to dip your hand in. Anything hotter, there's a real risk of burns if the hot water bottle leaked.

• Thanks 1