LIVE, Resilient Lady- 6/4-6/11

MeganGC1983

7 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I canceled our dinner reservation for the 3rd. I messaged Hotel Thissio to see if Nick can still pick us up at the later time. I also made back up plans just in case that flight to Athens doesn’t take off. There really needs to be some kind of air reform. They yank you around and travelers make plans and they cancel however, whenever or they lose your bags, etc.   (Steps off soapbox)

Totally agree

• Like 4

I had two flight options for London to Athens on the phone. I’m second guessing my choice. I took the later option. The first one only gave us 70 minutes from landing to plane change to take off. Any delays would have sunk that deal, but I want to get to Athens earlier. I know it was the smartest move. I’m just nitpicking because I liked the original itinerary best. 

• Like 8

I’m also not happy that I never even received an email or anything about the cancellation from British Airways. If I hadn’t been really looking, I wouldn’t have known until tomorrow or maybe even once we were in DC. Be vigilant, y’all. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I had two flight options for London to Athens on the phone. I’m second guessing my choice. I took the later option. The first one only gave us 70 minutes from landing to plane change to take off. Any delays would have sunk that deal, but I want to get to Athens earlier. I know it was the smartest move. I’m just nitpicking because I liked the original itinerary best. 

It all totally sucks but I think you made the right call here. Praying for smooth sailing from here on out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m also not happy that I never even received an email or anything about the cancellation from British Airways. If I hadn’t been really looking, I wouldn’t have known until tomorrow or maybe even once we were in DC. Be vigilant, y’all. 

Things like this are why I check my flights/seats every few days for our next few flights.  Also, why I'm glad not to be flying AA/BA since they seem to be having problems still. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, aztekpm said:

LOL Maybe AC isn't such a bad option...

I definitely thought about this buttttt if I got stuck in Montreal… they didn’t have another flight to put me on to Athens until after the cruise embarked. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Flying is getting to be a real PITA these days. We are rebooked. Leaving DFW tomorrow night flying straight to London and then on to Athens. Instead of getting to Athens at 1:40pm on the 3rd, it will be 1:15am on the 4th. To say I’m unhappy is an understatement. 

I feel your pain and agree 100% on the PITA of flying these days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jmklade said:

I feel your pain and agree 100% on the PITA of flying these days.

It’s a shame our govt officials worry with so much other petty cr*p yet let the airlines ramrod everyone. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 10