LIVE, Resilient Lady- 6/4-6/11

MeganGC1983

😩 so sorry to hear about your flight issues.  So stressful these days. Ok, so not a fan of my local airport Newark but they do have 5 United direct flights to Heathrow daily and 2-3 on BA.   Just to keep in mind for any future travel.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m also not happy that I never even received an email or anything about the cancellation from British Airways. If I hadn’t been really looking, I wouldn’t have known until tomorrow or maybe even once we were in DC. Be vigilant, y’all. 

Very frustrating.   That’s what adds to my worry wart travel checks. 

hopefully, it will be glitch free from now on 😊 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Wel this is going swimmingly… 🤦🏼‍♀️ Currently on hold with British Airways. I need a cocktail. 

778AB934-2641-48B3-8A57-58AF24048F01.jpeg

FA6D269F-320B-4F67-817B-F5CEBE8DDB9E.jpeg

BA did the same thing to me last October - 2 days before flight.  Also canceled one leg on the way back, but it was due to strike.  Still, BA sucks!

• Like 6

Sorry to hear about the flight, nightmare fuel on these long flights to Europe. I’ll finally relax when the first leg is complete and I’m drinking a nice cold German beer.

Is 10:30am still the latest available disembarkation time slot?

• Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 9:39 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

“There’s two types of people: Greeks and everybody else who wishes they was Greek” - Gus Portokalos

Good evening, Cruise Critic! I’m interrupting all the other European lives to start my own. Join me as we fly to Athens and embark on the new-ish Resilient Lady calling on Santorini, Rhodes, Bodrum and Mykonos (for an overnight), then back to Athens for 2 days and a long layover in London. 
We will get all those daily planners, see the new shows, try the new menus, and as always, have a ton of cocktails. 
So hit that follow button, pack your air tag, and Let’s do Greece the Virgin Way! 🥂🥂

899FFA11-B41B-4478-AF89-ECDEB1CC3E24.jpeg

I just got here.  Not too bad only 6 pages!

Thanks for inviting us!!

Hugs from texas!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Sorry to hear about the flight, nightmare fuel on these long flights to Europe. I’ll finally relax when the first leg is complete and I’m drinking a nice cold German beer.

Is 10:30am still the latest available disembarkation time slot?

10:45… the one I booked. We may leave earlier though. Just depends on how embarkation day goes. I really want to see the changing of the guard and full costume only happens at 11am on Sundays…

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

10:45… the one I booked. We may leave earlier though. Just depends on how embarkation day goes. I really want to see the changing of the guard and full costume only happens at 11am on Sundays…

Yep, our hotel for a few days post cruise is right around the corner from the square. Debating on leaving early and seeing if the hotel will hold our bags so we can catch the changing of the guard. So much planning compared to the Caribbean.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Yep, our hotel for a few days post cruise is right around the corner from the square. Debating on leaving early and seeing if the hotel will hold our bags so we can catch the changing of the guard. So much planning compared to the Caribbean.

They definitely will. I talked to Hotel Thissio and Moxy about doing it. Both said it wasn’t a problem. 

• Like 4

"I've never done this, but is there a place at the London airport where you can sleep? I've heard of some airports having this option. "

London has six airports, so you need to say which one.  If you meant Heathrow (one of those six), then it has four terminals, and these different terminals are miles apart from each other.  Do you mean a couple of hours quick rest or a full overnight?

More detail please to get meaningful suggestions

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Disembarkation times just opened up. I can’t even get to Athens and they are all ready kicking me off the ship. I booked the 10:45am group. 

5BFA6B9B-058F-45B7-A5C5-436B9A2AE5C7.jpeg

I also picked the latest time, and ended up just sitting there while a thousand others lined up and snaked out of to the terminal... Once I joined the end of the line, I never stopped walking all the way out to the street. No idea how all this will play out "across the pond"...

• Like 9