Regent "Bed Bug Letter": When will you get one?

I have included below a generic copy of the Regent Bed Bug Letter. If you are unfamiliar with the Bed Bug Letter just Google the expression. It is a letter known in the hospitality industry to provide a false sense that management actually cares. If you have ever expressed feedback while on a on a Regent cruise regarding dining, shows, excursions, etc. you have likely received the letter below.

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. __________________

At Regent Seven Seas Cruises we stand by the quality of our {fill in the blank} and want to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding {fill in the blank}. Whereas every effort is made by Regent Seven Seas Cruises to ensure that all {fill in the blank} we offer are consistent with our high standards of excellence, we realize that sometimes expectations may not be met.

Accordingly, we did forward your comments regarding {fill in the blank} to our headquarters in Miami for their review. While we sincerely regret if you were dissatisfied with {fill in the blank}  in any way, based on the overall feedback we have received , regrettably, nothing will be done. We trust that despite your disappointment you will be able to with you a very favorable impression of {fill in the blank}"

Note: “overall feedback received” only includes actual feedback. All passengers providing no feedback are considered by Miami to have provided POSITIVE feedback!

Edited by CruisedTheWorld
typo

Never received one of those from Regent….always had a call to tell me the problem would be fixed by x time or checking that it had been fixed plus later checks that the problem was still fixed.

The one time that a fix wasn’t possible we were moved to our choice of two suites. Regent on the whole does make every effort to provide a good product.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cwn said:

Never received one of those from Regent….always had a call to tell me the problem would be fixed by x time or checking that it had been fixed plus later checks that the problem was still fixed.

The one time that a fix wasn’t possible we were moved to our choice of two suites. Regent on the whole does make every effort to provide a good product.

5 hours ago, CruisedTheWorld said:

That has been my experience 80% of the time. However with 400+ nights on Regent there have been exceptions. And a Bed Bug Letter!

We have always found that any issues raised on board Regent ships are discussed and addressed promptly.

We have never had a letter of the generic type posted; only letters of apology sent to all guests when an unscheduled event occurred, such as a missed port.

I had never previously heard of a “bed bug” letter and assumed the title of this thread was designed to be provocative, for whatever reason 🤔

• Like 2

Here's one we got in the form of a little printed card given after our mid-cruise review.  Now granted, the Paul Gauguin was a very intimate ship, and my husband had gotten quite chummy with Martha and had joked about this with her:

Dear Dr. & Mrs. Harrison,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your cruise experience so far.  we are always very keen to receive the opinion of our guests which enables us to maintain and improve our high standards.

I sincerely apologise for the fact that corned beef hash was not available one morning.  I hope that the remainder of your cruise will be memorable and if there is anything I can do to make it more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me at Reception by dialing '0'.

Sincerely,

Martha Hanley

Guest Relations Manager

Does anyone believe for a minute that Regent would write “regrettably, nothing will be done”? 

As mentioned, any issues on board are quickly responded to and addressed. Read the last sentence, it is grammatically incorrect. Obviously not a real letter from Regent. 

Edited by WNcruiser

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

Does anyone believe for a minute that Regent would write “regrettably, nothing will be done”? 

As mentioned, any issues on board are quickly responded to and addressed. Read the last sentence, it is grammatically incorrect. Obviously not a real letter from Regent. 

No I do not, I also stand by my earlier comments about fixing service problems with a smile.This was not a letter about refusing to fix a problem with service on the ship.

it was a request for a refund for a tour they didn’t like. Reading the letter in context, if course, that issue has to go to Miami. Probably won’t get any money back either as it is in the same category as missed ports, shorten port time etc.

Two entirely different situations as far as I am concerned

9 hours ago, CruisedTheWorld said:

WNcruiser,

Below is actual letter from Regent. What makes you think that they can write a grammatically correct letter?

Regent Bed Bug Letter.jpg

So, I'm curious...what happened with the Bedbugs?  Did they get rid of them or what? Cause I don't want no bedbugs on my next cruise! 😱

Edited by papaflamingo

10 hours ago, CruisedTheWorld said:

WNcruiser,

Below is actual letter from Regent. What makes you think that they can write a grammatically correct letter?

Regent Bed Bug Letter.jpg

You are losing more credibility by the post. You changed several words from the actual letter in your original post. I have no issue with anyone being critical of a cruise line, just be fair and honest.