My Time Dining (MTD)

How does MTD work on RCL (specifically Anthem)?

We really want late dining but only early dining and MTD is available. With MTD can we pre book a time, say 8pm, for each night of the cruise? If we can can we do it before the cruise or only during it?

You can either just show up during the allotted MTD hours without a reservation or choose a specific time within the allotted hours and make a reservation. Reservations can be made in advance in the Cruise Planner. If the time slot you want is not available, go to the Main Dining Room as soon as you get on board. There should be someone at the MDR to assist with reservations, questions, etc. I doubt you will have any problem getting 8pm.

You can also get on the waiting list for the late dining. Maybe you are already. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

I just saw this in a review of Anthem from a year ago

We were on 'My Time' dining which didn't really work via the app, but we just stood in line at the MDR reception area and were seated pretty quickly every evening.”

has anyone else had problems with booking a time slot?

Edited by smokey01
Posted before ready

I’m looking at 3 Canaries cruises in September/October sailing from Southampton. Each one has only 5pm or MyTime dining available but I really want late sitting 8pm. For the cruise in October late dining briefly became available before disappearing again. Does anyone have any experience of whether late might become available again or if I select MyTime dining and wait list traditional late then I might get it? We are diamond which I believe gives us priority waitlist?

If we do book and select MyTime dining what chance do I have that reservations still exist for 8pm? I did ask this question on the roll call for the October cruise but no one got back to me.

1 hour ago, smokey01 said:

I’m looking at 3 Canaries cruises in September/October sailing from Southampton. Each one has only 5pm or MyTime dining available but I really want late sitting 8pm. For the cruise in October late dining briefly became available before disappearing again. Does anyone have any experience of whether late might become available again or if I select MyTime dining and wait list traditional late then I might get it? We are diamond which I believe gives us priority waitlist?

If we do book and select MyTime dining what chance do I have that reservations still exist for 8pm? I did ask this question on the roll call for the October cruise but no one got back to me.

No one really knows for sure if the late dining time will become available again. If I were you, I would go ahead and make MTD reservations for 8pm (schedule via your cruise planner app), go to the MDR on boarding day and see if it can be changed to traditional dining at 8pm. In any event, you should be able to dine at 8pm, regardless of where you are seated. The menu will be the same, unless choosing specialty dining or the WJ buffet. Good luck and happy cruising! Cheers!

Edited by SilkySal
add

I can only speak to Navigator, but 5 or 5:30 pm was too early for me, and 8 pm was too late for me. So I made a standing reservation for 6:45 pm every night for MTD, and I got the same waitstaff and same table every night.

On Nav, there was a 5 pm Early seating on 3rd floor, 5:30 pm Early seatings on 4th and 5th floors, MTD from 6:45-9 pm on 3rd floor, and am 8 pm Late seating on 4th and 5th floors.

As we were leaving dinner (generally around 8 pm most nights, but it was closer to 9 pm on Lobster Night), there were always a small number of new guests trickling in on 3rd floor for MTD. So yes, I would imagine you could make a standing 8 pm MTD reservation.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, smokey01 said:

Just book MTD and turn up at 8pm ? 

56 minutes ago, Dina7 said:

How far in advance can you make dining reservations for MTD in the cruise planner? 

Typically 9-12 months in advance of the sailing but sometime even more.  I had my cruise in Feb 2024 just open for reservations this week but my cruise for sept 2024 has been available for over a month.  Just keep checking your cruise planner.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 10:37 AM, Tree_skier said:

Typically 9-12 months in advance of the sailing but sometime even more.  I had my cruise in Feb 2024 just open for reservations this week but my cruise for sept 2024 has been available for over a month.  Just keep checking your cruise planner.

So just want to make sure, when MTD opens, will it be under the Dining tab, with the UDP and lunch specials?

thank you.

I was worried about MTD but it worked out fine. The first night 7:30 was the earliest available  (we wanted earlier). Also, we hated tge table we got - an eight seat oval for the six of us too close to the next table so we were spread out on one side and the two ends. 

After the meal, I told the reservation person the issue and were booked in a six seater at 6:30 for the rest of the cruise. That worked fine for us.

2 hours ago, PugM0m said:

So just want to make sure, when MTD opens, will it be under the Dining tab, with the UDP and lunch specials?

thank you.

Yes, mine showed up right when the other specialty restaurants became available.  It was at the very bottom of the page.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes, mine showed up right when the other specialty restaurants became available.  It was at the very bottom of the page.

Thank you, that was what I thought from other posts. For the longest time there was nothing, then they posted 2 "exclusive dining experiences " for lunch, finally posted UDP and 3 night dining package but still no MTD. My cruise is in Feb so plenty of time, just getting anxious because this is our first time doing MTD, we have always done late traditional before.

1 hour ago, PugM0m said:

Thank you, that was what I thought from other posts. For the longest time there was nothing, then they posted 2 "exclusive dining experiences " for lunch, finally posted UDP and 3 night dining package but still no MTD. My cruise is in Feb so plenty of time, just getting anxious because this is our first time doing MTD, we have always done late traditional before.

Did you confirm that your booking invoice indicates MTD?  You can only book if that is your chosen dining option.

4 hours ago, PugM0m said:

IF you are used to late traditional you'll have no trouble with MTD.  Getting the later times is very easy.  IT's the earlier time that people seem to have trouble with.

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Did you confirm that your booking invoice indicates MTD?  You can only book if that is your chosen dining option.

This is important. Your confirmation should be:

Dining (Waitlist): MY TIME()  Nothing in the parenthesis.

22 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Yes it currently shows MTD waitlist.

19 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

IF you are used to late traditional you'll have no trouble with MTD.  Getting the later times is very easy.  IT's the earlier time that people seem to have trouble with.

Kind of hoping for in between. We have done the late seating in the past, figuring people with kids would mostly be in the early seating. It worked until last year. I didn't pay close attention to my dates and ended up on the Oasis the week before Easter Sunday. At the late seating we were surrounded by tables of yelling pre tens and young kids running around the tables hitting the backs of our chairs.😃 This trip early seating seems too early and late seems too late, so hoping to get that goldilock🤪s time.

3 hours ago, PugM0m said:

Kind of hoping for in between. We have done the late seating in the past, figuring people with kids would mostly be in the early seating. It worked until last year. I didn't pay close attention to my dates and ended up on the Oasis the week before Easter Sunday. At the late seating we were surrounded by tables of yelling pre tens and young kids running around the tables hitting the backs of our chairs.😃 This trip early seating seems too early and late seems too late, so hoping to get that goldilock🤪s time.

On my next few cruises the times available are 6:30 through 9:00. Hopefully you find the times you like.

8 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm confused.  Are you waitlisted for MTD or do you have confirmed MTD?

He's not waitlisted. There is nothing in the parenthesis. He should have separate confirmations for the days he's booked MTD. MTD needs to be specifically booked for each day they plan to eat in the MDR. If it's too late to book the times he wants, then just show up and hope for a quick seat.

4 minutes ago, RoundGuy2771 said:

He's not waitlisted. There is nothing in the parenthesis. He should have separate confirmations for the days he's booked MTD. MTD needs to be specifically booked for each day they plan to eat in the MDR. If it's too late to book the times he wants, then just show up and hope for a quick seat.

But their issue is that they can't book MTD.

If specialty dining options are now showing, but MTD is not, then they may not actually be confirmed for MTD.