New Crystal Enrichment & Entertainment

Keith1010

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

I’d prefer that Crystal did a professional job and published this information on their website in a timely manner so all guests could access it - just like their predecessor did 

This drip feed release through a customer is not what I’d consider professional or appropriate - or even effective when it comes to the majority of guests 

CC reach is minimal when it comes to the total number of guests 

Keith also posts on Facebook, where there are more participants.

If you don’t like the way Crystal runs its business, by all means support a cruise line that is more closely alligned to your expectations.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, May B said:

If you don’t like the way Crystal runs its business, by all means support a cruise line that is more closely alligned to your expectations.

Thanks for the tip - I’d never have thought of that

So it’s unreasonable to expect new Crystal to do things professionally? I suspect the management of new Crystal have higher standards than you seem to find acceptable

Btw - 14 days til I do just what you suggest - bags out and ready to be packed 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

So it’s unreasonable to expect new Crystal to do things professionally? I suspect the management of new Crystal have higher standards than you seem to find acceptable

Btw - 14 days til I do just what you suggest - bags out and ready to be packed 

Like all the other cruise lines that give out all that info as to who and what is included?

(Secret: None of them do.)

• Like 3

Glad to hear that some of you would like to continue seeing these.

Being an OC has nothing to do with this. What does is the hat I wear along with one other person.  

I can't speak for the long term but near this was not something that will be posted on the Crystal Website.  I am not sure if it has to do with the site or resources.  Knowing many people wanted to see this information I asked in my role and Crystal was kind enough to provide this to me to share.  If more of these can be put together I will share them.  In the meantime at least we can see what is planned for the Serenity voyages of July 31 thru August and the voyages for Symphony in September. I view even these as work in progress as I suspect there are some holes to fill.

I think what is telling is when some of us said NC would likely be a combination of many of the strengths of Old Crystal along with enhancing other areas some discounted this. Well from what we have seen they are doing just what we said.

New ships will be enhanced which is a plus.  Time will tell but they are bringing back Umi Uma which most enjoyed and Tastes which many felt the same way about. At the same time it looks like they are not only brining back an Italian Specialty Restaurant but something new based on the photos and description.  And from what we can tell enhancing some of these venues some of whom were criticized by some Crystal Society members.

I want to address one more item. Some seem to think NC can wiggle their nose and just make things happen such as putting program on the website. I am not sure if these people ever worked for start up companies which NC truly is because when it started there were no people and most things have to be built from the ground up. Well if you ever were with a start up that at the same time planned to rollout its products in very short order you would understand that not all things will be as they were in a blink of an eye, that you have to prioritize what gets done, and after rollout you will continue to improve upon them. I know this is Cruise Critic and some think they know it all. I certainly do not but having spent most of my career starting with what was a start up and then having spun off some start up subsidiaries you don't make things happen overnight. It doesn't mean you are stupid. You know long terms where you'll be but you don't wait for years until all the T's have been crossed and all the I's have been dotted.  You can't afford to.

Anyway, since some people really care about the programs I will see if we can get more of them.

On a related note tell your friends the benefits of reading CC because yes often they can learn things here that they won't if they don't subscribe to CC or other sites.  In fact, it was this word of mouth that likely resulted in many on this board becoming members of CC.

Keith

• Like 9

Keith

Do please continue to post as and when you can. So far as I can see, nobody has not welcomed or been appreciative of your efforts thus far. also, of course prioritisation is a necessity in any start-up. In time, I do hope that NC will be able to post this information as used to be the case.

Thanks

Colin

• Like 4

I appreciate the information you were kind enough to share. It has made me even more excited for my cruise on NC. Seeing familiar names gives me the confidence that NC will have the elements  of OC that I truly loved. 
please don’t stop!!! 

• Like 4

Thank you Keith for posting this.  I am very pleased to see how NC is keeping the best of OC – and I include in that the position of Catholic Priest on every cruise.  It will add to the draw of Crystal for us in future planning.

• Like 3

To all the lucky Serenity passengers sailing on 8/12…… your Headline Entertainer is Tom Ball who is an incredible singer.  He should’ve won America’s Got Talent All-stars.  Look him up on YouTube.  I have severe FOMO now.

Debbie

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Keith – Do you know where I can find the new Crystal deck plans on one page?  I really hate the deck-by-deck format on their website, but CruiseDeckPlans hasn't updated.

I haven't seen all of them on one pate.

You can only go to the Crystal Website.

Click up top on our ships and then click either discover Serenity or Discover Symphony.

Scroll down and on the left side click Deck Plans.

Then on one page you can click on each deck.

But you can't see them all simultaneously.

I hope this helps.

Keith

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Keith – Do you know where I can find the new Crystal deck plans on one page?  I really hate the deck-by-deck format on their website, but CruiseDeckPlans hasn't updated.

I have absolutely zero idea where I found this, but I saved this comprehensive deck plan of Serenity last week. I'm very much looking forward to meeting her in November!

Serenity_deck_plan.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

I have absolutely zero idea where I found this, but I saved this comprehensive deck plan of Serenity last week. I'm very much looking forward to meeting her in November!

Serenity_deck_plan.pdf 715.3 kB · 26 downloads

Thanks so much!  That's exactly what I wanted.

4 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

Serenity_deck_plan.pdf 715.3 kB · 37 downloads

Good for you. I am thinking it came from your TA.  Do you have one for Symphony?

Keith

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, DTO said:

Keith,

Any chance you can post the speakers and entertainers for Serenity's third voyage, Reykjavik to Reykjavik? Thanks.

This one is the fourth voyage and right now I have the first three for each vessel.  If I can get more I will definitely post them here.

Keith

On 6/16/2023 at 12:10 PM, Keith1010 said:

This one is the fourth voyage and right now I have the first three for each vessel.  If I can get more I will definitely post them here.

Keith

Thank you for sharing all the information and your posts. Really appreciate them. Do you know if NC will have what the former CD, Dru Pavlov, put out a morning show? As an early riser, I always found it helpful. I understand Dru went to Seabourn. He was a good CD on Crystal.