Elite Plus by mistake?

nogard13

Hey Everyone,

So my wife and I both have Classic status and we're embarking on our 3rd Celebrity cruise in just about a month. We're traveling with my in-laws, who cruise 3-4 times a year with X and are both Elite Plus.  My MIL purchased the cruise for all of us as a group, but somehow my name got fat-fingered.  Since it was a group booking, made by their TA, I had to contact her, to contact the TA, to have my name fixed (they transposed two letters).  Anywho, my Xpress pass displayed Classic - Pearl before the name was fixed and now displays Elite Plus - Pearl.  Somehow, changing my name "upgraded" me, even tho my Captains Club page/profile still lists me as Classic.  The other passengers traveling with us (my wife and two others) still show Classic on their Xpress pass, so their status was not changed when my name was corrected.

Anyway, do you guys think this will stick and I'll get to take advantage of some of the perks?  I'm most interested in the two bags of laundry! 🙂

Edited by nogard13
  • Haha 1

Hard to tell how it will all shake out. But if you remain Elite+ on the cruise, don’t forget complimentary coffee/cappuccino/latte/etc in Al Bacio, Elite continental breakfast and evening happy hour while your laundry is getting done. 👍

Edited by BEAV
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BEAV said:

Hard to tell how it will all shake out. But if you remain Elite+ on the cruise, don’t forget complimentary coffee/cappuccino/latte/etc in Al Bacio, Elite continental breakfast and evening happy hour while your laundry is getting done. 👍

Of course he will be breakfasting away from his wife which may be a good thing. The Happy Hour drinks are worthless unless he has booked at Sail Only Rates. His free 240 minutes internet also useful if he booked at Sail Only Rates. 

7 hours ago, the penguins said:

Of course he will be breakfasting away from his wife which may be a good thing. The Happy Hour drinks are worthless unless he has booked at Sail Only Rates. His free 240 minutes internet also useful if he booked at Sail Only Rates. 

Unless things have changed….the Elite/Elite+ perks are extended to anyone sharing the same stateroom. So….he may not be able to escape the Mrs. for a “quiet” Elite breakfast after all! 🤦😱😆

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Unless things have changed….the Elite/Elite+ perks are extended to anyone sharing the same stateroom. So….he may not be able to escape the Mrs. for a “quiet” Elite breakfast after all! 🤦😱😆

true but I think the likely hood of X accepting his Elite+ status let alone upgrading his wife to the same level is practically Zero - hopefully he will post about what actually happens.

7 minutes ago, the penguins said:

hopefully he will post about what actually happens.

.....using his 240 free minutes of internet connection, of course.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, the penguins said:

true but I think the likely hood of X accepting his Elite+ status let alone upgrading his wife to the same level is practically Zero - hopefully he will post about what actually happens.

I agree. 

But so there’s no misunderstanding, I’m going on the hypothetical premise =X= and their award-winning IT team have him sailing as an Elite+. 😉 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2023 at 8:45 AM, the penguins said:

I kept the Elite+ status and was able to take advantage of two bags of laundry, the continental breakfasts, and do a bunch of tours/backstage events for elite+ members only.  I also was on the Helipad for our embarkation trip as we left Vancouver.

My card said Elite Plus on it but somehow my wife's only said Preview, even though we both have Classic status.

Interestingly enough, nobody ever questioned us.  I took my wife and two kids with me to everything I did and nobody questioned us about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nogard13 said:

I kept the Elite+ status and was able to take advantage of two bags of laundry, the continental breakfasts, and do a bunch of tours/backstage events for elite+ members only.  I also was on the Helipad for our embarkation trip as we left Vancouver.

My card said Elite Plus on it but somehow my wife's only said Preview, even though we both have Classic status.

Interestingly enough, nobody ever questioned us.  I took my wife and two kids with me to everything I did and nobody questioned us about it.

Thanks for reporting back.  King for a day. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 11:06 PM, nogard13 said:

Hey Everyone,

So my wife and I both have Classic status and we're embarking on our 3rd Celebrity cruise in just about a month. We're traveling with my in-laws, who cruise 3-4 times a year with X and are both Elite Plus.  My MIL purchased the cruise for all of us as a group, but somehow my name got fat-fingered.  Since it was a group booking, made by their TA, I had to contact her, to contact the TA, to have my name fixed (they transposed two letters).  Anywho, my Xpress pass displayed Classic - Pearl before the name was fixed and now displays Elite Plus - Pearl.  Somehow, changing my name "upgraded" me, even tho my Captains Club page/profile still lists me as Classic.  The other passengers traveling with us (my wife and two others) still show Classic on their Xpress pass, so their status was not changed when my name was corrected.

Anyway, do you guys think this will stick and I'll get to take advantage of some of the perks?  I'm most interested in the two bags of laundry! 🙂

When your name was corrected the person who did that may have confused you with another person with same/similar name and combined your records or merged them.  Happened to me some years back.  A passenger with same name made a reservation. My address and phone number  on my account were changed to that persons.  Took a few calls to get it corrected.  

• Like 1

Just a heads -upthat a  Captain's Club status mix up may be more involved  than it seems.  Our long time CVP with Celebrity is no longer there, so my recent new bookings are with planners that you get by calling in. Excellent service , but they don't know us, so things can be missed.  2 days ago, I booked and it never showed up in my account on the website. So I studied the emails, it showed my husband correctly as Elite and me as Preview. The cc number for me was not correct, either.  I called up and they discovered that somehow there's a second membership with my name and address but entirely wrong birthday, which I had been booked under. The CC agent said " that could've been a problem". She couldn't delete that membership, but deactivated it and changed my reservation to the proper membership number.  Good old celebrity IT excellence😂

• Like 1

We are both Elite Plus and the laundry is a great perk. We do all B2Bs and are able to travel with just carryons, four free bags of laundry per week. The 480 minutes a week is an overkill, as we use less than 1/2 of them. We don’t change our internet habits just to use them. That’s also why the drink packages have 0 appeal to us.