Carnival Magic, Spa and dining question.

sassy~one

Good Morning, I am sailing the Magic tomorrow for 10 nights. I have prepaid for the 'spa' package. First time for me, so can you tell me when I can get into the T pool on embarkation day? I know they do tours, but can I use the spa during that time?

I'm a solo traveler, and have early dining. How can I request a table for 1?  Any idea if I can talk with someone when I board?

Thanks so much.

I have had the spa package before.  I have never seen anyone in the T-Pool prior to sailaway.  This may have changed.  You will love the pool, heated tile loungers etc.  

You can send an email to the ship ahead of time about the table for one, also go to the dinning room upon embarkation and talk with them also.  I have been successful  before for a table for 2.  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sassy~one said:

I'm a solo traveler, and have early dining. How can I request a table for 1?  Any idea if I can talk with someone when I board?

Thanks so much.

the mairte de meets about 1-or 1:30 in the aft dining room.   Go and  meet him for your request.    More then likely he put you at a table with other solo cruisers 

You can easily request a table for one when dining.

When I cruise solo, it's what I do.

I do not want to sit at a large table of solo cruisers.  Once was enough!  I couldn't get out of there fast enough!  (LOL)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there CM1984.  My cruise was pretty good, I enjoy so about about sailing. I was upset to learn that when I booked I believed it was less money because I booked in advance. This was not true!! I paid 199. When I got on board it was 159.  When I spoke to the spa supervisor I was told it cost more because I was guaranteeing my 'space' in the spa. That of course was BS. I asked Him to cancel my 199. and I would rebook at the 159, and I was told it would cost me 50% to cancel. Once again it was BS.  4 of the 10 days I was unable to use the large pool, but this was not Carnivals fault it was because of ruff seas.  Also I sailed in a mobility scooter and needed the elevator to get to the spa, and It was closed from time to time.  All in all the spa, spa people, spa costs, there lack of ability to resolve things gave me a bad spa experience.  I will never use the spa again. 

Crew was amazing, ship was great, lido food was fair-good. Lines were very long, as the cruise was fully booked and they are short staffed.  It was my 73rd birthday cruise, and I was very happy to be on board. Thanks so much, enjoy your sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2023 at 9:11 AM, sassy~one said:

Hello there CM1984. 

You might consider booking a spa room next time - I always so when on a ship with a nice spa area and then it's included and close by,

• Like 3

On 8/10/2023 at 1:37 PM, arpie05 said:

You might consider booking a spa room next time - I always so when on a ship with a nice spa area and then it's included and close by,

I have not looked at Carnival for a spa cabin, I know the ones on another line we enjoyt, are more expensive, and we did not think it worth it.  I'll have to check next time!  Thanks @arpie05

On 7/9/2023 at 10:11 AM, sassy~one said:

Crew was amazing, ship was great, lido food was fair-good. Lines were very long, as the cruise was fully booked and they are short staffed.  It was my 73rd birthday cruise, and I was very happy to be on board. Thanks so much, enjoy your sailing.

@sassy~one  I have not been on CC for a while (obviously) and just read your response.  I appreciate it very much.  I think I will cancel our reservations for the spa and check it out when we get on board.  Then I'll make that decision.  Happy birthday, a bit late - and by the way  I turned 72 in May.  Hard to believe I am this age!  Know what I mean?  🙄

Enjoy your next cruise!

• Like 1

DH and I have cruised twice on Magic, once with the "spa pass" and the other in a spa cabin.  We enjoyed the spa but I have to say the spa staff is nothing like the rest of the Carnival staff.  Carnival staff smile, say good morning and the spa staff acted like they were above that.  I noticed this on Sunshine as well.  We had spa rooms twice on Sunshine and even though the staff saw us every day, they were indifferent and not welcoming, We have spa rooms booked on Sunshine anyway (love the tile chairs!) but we know what to expect from the staff.

I'm glad you had a great bday cruise @sassy~one!!

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 1:37 PM, arpie05 said:

We enjoy the spa so much that after our first time purching a pass, we always book a spa room.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2023 at 10:11 AM, sassy~one said:

Hello there CM1984.  My cruise was pretty good, I enjoy so about about sailing. I was upset to learn that when I booked I believed it was less money because I booked in advance. This was not true!! I paid 199. When I got on board it was 159.  When I spoke to the spa supervisor I was told it cost more because I was guaranteeing my 'space' in the spa. That of course was BS. I asked Him to cancel my 199. and I would rebook at the 159, and I was told it would cost me 50% to cancel. Once again it was BS.  4 of the 10 days I was unable to use the large pool, but this was not Carnivals fault it was because of ruff seas.  Also I sailed in a mobility scooter and needed the elevator to get to the spa, and It was closed from time to time.  All in all the spa, spa people, spa costs, there lack of ability to resolve things gave me a bad spa experience.  I will never use the spa again. 

Sorry you had such a challening time with the Magic spa.  On our Magic cruise, I was pre-op and on a knee scooter.  The spa staff were accommodating and helpful.  We bought the spa package on this cruise and loved it so much that we only book spa cabins now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CM1984 said:

I have not looked at Carnival for a spa cabin, I know the ones on another line we enjoyt, are more expensive, and we did not think it worth it.  I'll have to check next time!  Thanks @arpie05

It was around $400 for our spa package on the Magic.  Spa cabins aren't that much more when you calculate the pass.  In addition you get "extras" in your cabin.  As a bonus for us, we like the high and foward cabins on the ship and this is where the spa cabins are.

• Like 2