Just how much of a problem ARE interlopers in the YC?

mafig

29 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

Why do some parents think they don't have to supervise their young children on a cruise? I've heard horror stories of children running up and down the hallways at midnight unsupervised. Even pedophiles take cruises.

I didn’t witness any unsupervised children on the cruise, but we were in the yacht club. While there were several families in there, all children were with their parents and well behaved. 

29 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We were in the Seaside. The jungle pool has open access. We walked by it a couple of times. 
IMG_0760.thumb.jpeg.2c2c7e5c5db16b0c8ec68bd326e702ab.jpeg

The Jungle Pool is not the kids' pool.

The Forest Adventure pool area for the kids is in the limited access children area (I looked at the deck plans).

7 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The Jungle Pool is not the kids' pool.

The Forest Adventure pool area for the kids is in the limited access children area (I looked at the deck plans).

Oh, I don’t know. We don’t have any Little’s and my husband and I were traveling alone. It looked like a kids pool to me!  I’m not sure which pool she was referring to. 

3 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We were in the Seaside. The jungle pool has open access. We walked by it a couple of times. 
IMG_0760.thumb.jpeg.2c2c7e5c5db16b0c8ec68bd326e702ab.jpeg

" It is not worthwhile to strain oneself to tell the truth to people who habitually discount everything you tell them, whether it is true or isn't." Mark Twain

• Like 2

I was prompted by a FB poster who said I should post my complaint on the MSC Official FB page. So I did.

We have discovered the best 'ship within a ship' cruising on the market today. It is called MSC Yacht Club. Its popularity has gotten so well liked that its "Exclusivity" is under attack. The Yacht Club venues are leaving ports with over 100% occupancies. On one of our cruises on your beautiful Seascape will had 330 guests in the YC. As you know 262 is 100% double occupancy. On top of this number were added 44 guests residing in cabins outside the YC which were given "ACCESS", being friends and family of officers. Further exacerbating the over crowded situation are the friends and family members of YC guests also residing in cabins outside the YC. These 'outside' passengers are allowed in by either an intimidated Yacht Club Director eager to please all his charges or secreted into the YC by their YC friends and family. Surprised to find some 'high rollers' in cabins outside the YC are also given "ACCESS". Add to this all the others in general population that sneak in for the complimentary drinks, less crowded buffet, and private sun deck. Compounding this problem is the Yacht Club policy of not asking for identification once one gains entry to the YC venues.
   Having been on a few YC sailings on 4 of your luxurious ships we have noticed now that this "exclusivity" is deteriorating. More difficulty to find a table at the One Pool Buffet or Ocean House. Long lines waiting for service to the point of leaving the venue without receiving said service. Waiting for trollies at Ocean Cay up to an hour. No seats available in TSL for special events.
   Thank you for your attention to this matter.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I'm glad you posted on the FB page. You never know, but maybe that's the reason there was a noticeable increased presence of officers and security at yesterday's Seafood Extravaganza. Or, to quote my husband, "maybe they like the shrimp!"

Our daughter interned for a major fast food chain (ba da da da da) and most of her job was to monitor their Twitter feed. They took it very seriously and anything negative was brought to the attention of management and handled.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I was prompted by a FB poster who said I should post my complaint on the MSC Official FB page. So I did.

We have discovered the best 'ship within a ship' cruising on the market today. It is called MSC Yacht Club. Its popularity has gotten so well liked that its "Exclusivity" is under attack. The Yacht Club venues are leaving ports with over 100% occupancies. On one of our cruises on your beautiful Seascape will had 330 guests in the YC. As you know 262 is 100% double occupancy. On top of this number were added 44 guests residing in cabins outside the YC which were given "ACCESS", being friends and family of officers. Further exacerbating the over crowded situation are the friends and family members of YC guests also residing in cabins outside the YC. These 'outside' passengers are allowed in by either an intimidated Yacht Club Director eager to please all his charges or secreted into the YC by their YC friends and family. Surprised to find some 'high rollers' in cabins outside the YC are also given "ACCESS". Add to this all the others in general population that sneak in for the complimentary drinks, less crowded buffet, and private sun deck. Compounding this problem is the Yacht Club policy of not asking for identification once one gains entry to the YC venues.
   Having been on a few YC sailings on 4 of your luxurious ships we have noticed now that this "exclusivity" is deteriorating. More difficulty to find a table at the One Pool Buffet or Ocean House. Long lines waiting for service to the point of leaving the venue without receiving said service. Waiting for trollies at Ocean Cay up to an hour. No seats available in TSL for special events.
   Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Have you considered posting on twitter?

might get more traction. 

45 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I was thrown out of the MSC Yacht Club Forum for posting this. Some Travel Agencies "Can't handle the truth !"

There were some fiesty posts yesterday on MSC Seascape forum.  And I agree.  "They" can't handle the truth.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I was thrown out of the MSC Yacht Club Forum for posting this. Some Travel Agencies "Can't handle the truth !"

I understand they're trying to promote a product, however, if I were trying to sell the YC, I'd especially want to know if there were any issues. Imagine you're selling this exclusivity and your clients finally are on their much awaited cruise, and then can't get a seat by the pool or at the YC buffet, I would think they'd be complaining to their travel agent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I tried posting on it earlier in support of your comments and the thread's been locked.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I understand they're trying to promote a product, however, if I were trying to sell the YC, I'd especially want to know if there were any issues. Imagine you're selling this exclusivity and your clients finally are on their much awaited cruise, and then can't get a seat by the pool or at the YC buffet, I would think they'd be complaining to their travel agent.

We did not experience this at all on our cruise. 
IMG_0652.thumb.jpeg.cdd9fbccf4c6a5d19136db8fa7923340.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This issue is also being reported on other social media.

My wife and I are in YC on Seascape right now There is a growing problem with some YC guests who try and cheat the system and diminish the value of the experience by sneaking relatives and friends in who haven’t paid. Dining, drinking and using the pool and cabanas I spoke at length today with the YC director Taylor about it He showed me several pages of notes where the staff immediately addresses the guests and removes them
They are becoming ever more vigilant and so are guests like my wife and I If we see a YC guest gaming the system we will publicly call them out
Yacht Club is a great experience so if you plan to book it don’t be an A hole and try to sneak others in who haven’t paid the premium to be here and ruin it for those who play by the rules
I told him that MSC management should boot any guest that cheats and ban them from the cruise line
Harsh Yes but it will get the point across
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I am getting use to it.

Try this on Twit...they don't sensor as much as FB anymore...

MSC YC officials need to crack down on unauthorized guests entering the YC Member's only areas.  Why should they get in for free when YC guests pay a premium to be there?

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if exposing that officers' families were interloping might have been uncomfortable for someone at MSC. At least you can't get banned form Twitter for your opinions... oh, err, hmm... I hear good things about "Truth Social"...