Equinox Menu - Main Dining Upcharges Showing on App

thebutlerdidit

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Though Coco Cay is an island that is part of the Bahamas, so not sure how that helps X/RCCL.

I mentioned this in the other post that perhaps RCG (G as in Group) already negotiated pricing since it's quite different than stopping in Nassau, Bimini, etc.  You would imagine if you're shopping for a private island, locking in a rate would be a top consideration

13 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I want to remind folks that X has confirmed that on sailings that are 7 nights or longer there will be complimentary lobster one Chic night and that beef wellington has been gone since the beginning of the year.  The additional charge allows you purchase filet and lobster any night, from the MDR (and prob Blu).  Your gripes should be directed to the actual complimentary menu offerings 

If people would look at the menus, there is a free lobster night on the current 9 day cruise. You can ALSO elect to purchase lobster any night. Including shorter cruises. Pretty sure the filet has been gone since the beginning of the year as well, and there have been numerous threads where people have actually expressed their willingness to pay for filet mignon in the MDR rather than going to a specialty restaurant.

I'm just waiting for Thursday. What will happen if people actually on the ship actually like the double cheeseburger...

20 minutes ago, sunlover33 said:

But it’s not complimentary. Complimentary indicates you are getting something free. We  pay for a cruise which includes decent food in the MDR. If I wanted burger and chips for dinner  I would pay for that type of holiday, but I pay to have a reasonable (not top notch) evening dinner, or at least I did when booking the cruise. This business of changing the offering after booking has to stop, it’s unethical. 

I agree with your premise yet in our cruise contract it does state they can make changes/removals of menu items, they can practically close the buffet for dinner, add new fees, increase existing fees, etc.  There's already been a lot of this for 2023

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

17 minutes ago, markeb said:

If people would look at the menus, there is a free lobster night on the current 9 day cruise. You can ALSO elect to purchase lobster any night. Including shorter cruises. Pretty sure the filet has been gone since the beginning of the year as well, and there have been numerous threads where people have actually expressed their willingness to pay for filet mignon in the MDR rather than going to a specialty restaurant.

I'm just waiting for Thursday. What will happen if people actually on the ship actually like the double cheeseburger...

Part the problem with the 'Nox being the pilot ship which may have been intentional, the ship has a lot of 6 night sailings which won't have free lobster and many will wrongly connect the dots that now X is charging for lobster fleetwide

Edit to add, MAYBE someone is able to ask for the double cheeseburger tonight (for example) and get it tomorrow

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

47 minutes ago, markeb said:

What will happen if people actually on the ship actually like the double cheeseburger...

It will remain on the menu so that people who like it have that as a choice? Unless and until they only offer one food item per section of the menu, everyone has a choice and no one is forced to order the cheeseburger. I personally think having something a little less formal (and not fish-based) is a nice option. Even when I'm on a cruise, I don't necessarily always want fancy food.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I want to remind folks that X has confirmed that on sailings that are 7 nights or longer there will be complimentary lobster one Chic night and that beef wellington has been gone since the beginning of the year.  The additional charge allows you purchase filet and lobster any night, from the MDR (and prob Blu).  Your gripes should be directed to the actual complimentary menu offerings 

My 8 night Equinox cruise does not show included lobster on any night- usually the 2nd chic night.🥲

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

But not wanting fancy food does not mean someone wants a cafeteria either. Nothing wrong with wanting a hamburger served to you at a table.

No there isn't. There's nothing wrong with waving napkins and singing waiters either. It's just not something one would expect on Celebrity given the experience we've been sold.

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 2

Just now, RichYak said:

No there isn't. There's nothing wrong with waving napkins and singing waiters either. It's just not something one would expect on Celebrity given the experience we've been sold.

A hamburger on a menu does not equal waving napkins and singing waiters. It is ONE option on ONE night. You can still have high falutin food that night if you want. The burger is ONE OPTION. (I find it so interesting that people are raising cain about this, but there's been a Beyond BURGER on the Blu menu for a while...and it's there EVERY NIGHT as an OPTION.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

A hamburger on a menu does not equal waving napkins and singing waiters. It is ONE option on ONE night. You can still have high falutin food that night if you want. The burger is ONE OPTION. (I find it so interesting that people are raising cain about this, but there's been a Beyond BURGER on the Blu menu for a while...and it's there EVERY NIGHT as an OPTION.)

Though it looks just like one, a Beyond patty is not a burger, I'm not exactly sure what it is. I would have less of an issue if this cheeseburger were offered every night (like the beyond patty in Blu) so they could offer a proper (or high falutin as you put it) beef dish on whatever night the current burger is taking up precious menu space.

• Like 1

people are missing the major issue.

Prices are up

service is down

X is looking for more ways to charge for was used to be included, but not complimentary. Complimentary is something you did not contract for but get for free-like an extra wifi

The  QR thing is just shifting service and costs to the customer.

Next thing is just like many restaurants, you will order from the ipad on the table.

another tip--if you have not already set up the Bank of America credit card, thats now worth $300 after the first charges. It was $100 when I did our four, we each have the royal and Celebrity cards.

when we speak about the younger generation being the target, our kids did not want to sign up for the credit cards when they were worth 150 each.  I dunno, I was value driven when we were their age.

Not longago all included meant nothign was added to the bill during the cruise. YOU coudl add excursions or specialty, but the good food in MDR made that  poor cost based choices, now we are being basically forced to upgrade at some point in cruise and add to teh bill which was alrady imho inflated.

even the high OBC in Retreat allows them to charge more for the cabin and cruise but then you have to spend on higher cost things.

I am liking more and more theall includive resorts, or land baed trips, basically you plan it based on what you want and do not pay for what you do not want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Though it looks just like one, a Beyond patty is not a burger, I'm not exactly sure what it is. I would have less of an issue if this cheeseburger were offered every night (like the beyond patty in Blu) so they could offer a proper (or high falutin as you put it) beef dish on whatever night the current burger is taking up precious menu space.

We're never going to agree on this, so there's no point in going further.

NOTHING says you have to order the burger. I think it's nice that there's an option on ONE night for people who want a sit-down dinner without frou frou food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Sure, my husband loves a double whopper with cheese, I hate them so a split decision here.

39 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

My 8 night Equinox cruise does not show included lobster on any night- usually the 2nd chic night.🥲

For September 16, the menu in the app ends with breakfast on Day 7. It’s a 6 day menu.

Day 7 is the second sea day. Lobster would be that night (it is on this week’s cruise). It’s not there because the menu you’re seeing is last week’s 6 day cruise. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Sure, my husband loves a double whopper with cheese, I hate them so a split decision here.

So do I. Who said anything about a double whopper? Ruth’s Chris has a burger (at the bar, admittedly, but their bar is several levels upscale from a cruise ship MDR). 

EDIT: Don’t care for Whoppers either. So do I was a bit unclear. 

Edited by markeb
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markeb said:

I think the cheeseburger should be one of the every night offerings. Sometimes you want a little taste of home. Yes, 40 years ago we ate at the awful "American" restaurant in Germany that served burgers and fries. We had just wanted a taste of home. Back then there weren't any American fast food restaurants that you could go to. It was our only option. It was BAD! 

BUT I wouldn't mind a GOOD burger on the dinner menu, just in case everything else sucks! (Which seems to be happening a lot!)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

NOTHING says you have to order the burger. I think it's nice that there's an option on ONE night for people who want a sit-down dinner without frou frou food.

TBH, an all-in approach like this is an interesting idea. There's already a Chic night, add a Casual night with all casual food in the MDR. Burgers, fish n chips, etc. I guess like a theme night. Just a thought.

I was on the April TA Silhouette.  The new menus look very similar to the ones we had.

Being aware of the January changes, I decided "No complaining." So I "tap danced" by booking 2 Muranos, 1 Porch and 1 Lawn Club Grill dinners. There was Prime Rib night and Lobster night in MDR.  OVC for Pasta Bolognese. Other nights in MDR, App and French Onion soup. It worked well for me.

I will say the quality of beef you might expect, was certainly lacking. This included the Specialty venues.

For me, no bread, no dessert.  So I do look forward to good quality in my selections.

Moving forward, hopefully that will dramatically improve.

I will be watching CC with great interest as "tap dancing" should not be necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1