MERGED - QM2 2024 Brooklyn Revised Schedule

TheOldBear

I just received email from Cunard noting a schedule change for October 2024:

We’ve recently been advised that Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is now no longer available on 6 October 2024. Upon review, unfortunately, there are no suitable alternatives in New York on this date, which means we need to change your planned itinerary.

Your voyage will now embark two days earlier from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, on 4 October 2024and disembark as planned on the existing published date (25 October 2024). Your voyage will now become two nights longer (21 nights) and include two new ports of call, giving you the opportunity to explore the picturesque Rhode Island port of Newport on 05 October 2024, and the historic city of Boston on 06 October 2024. 

Notified this morning that the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is no longer available on Oct 6, 2024.  So the departure has been pushed back 2 days to Oct 4.  QM2 will now stop in Newport and Boston on the way out.  Arrival in Southampton remains the same.  No fare changes, but I assume if you've not yet booked that the fare will rise some due to the 2 extra days on the itinerary.  I didn't realize that the schedule ever had that much slop in it, so I'm guessing the previous cruise has 2 nights removed, feel sorry for those folks.

Very interesting, In essence, they are removing the calls to Boston and Newport from the end of the previous Canada/New England voyage (scheduled for 4 October and 5 October respectively) and adding those calls in reverse order to your eastbound crossing instead.

1 hour ago, ratflinger said:

Notified this morning that the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is no longer available on Oct 6, 2024.  So the departure has been pushed back 2 days to Oct 4.  QM2 will now stop in Newport and Boston on the way out.  Arrival in Southampton remains the same.  No fare changes, but I assume if you've not yet booked that the fare will rise some due to the 2 extra days on the itinerary.  I didn't realize that the schedule ever had that much slop in it, so I'm guessing the previous cruise has 2 nights removed, feel sorry for those folks.

As I mentioned on the other thread started by @TheOldBear, it looks like they will indeed be removing the last two scheduled calls to Boston and Newport (on Oct 4 and 5) from the end of the previous Canada/New England cruise and are adding them to your cruise instead.

Therefore the Canada/New England cruise (as a round trip from New York starting Sept 22, 2024) would need to be shortened from 14 to 12 nights. And presumably the cruise from Quebec to New York currently scheduled to start at Quebec on Sept 29, 2024 would need to be shortened from 7 to 5 nights as well. I'll be interested to hear what the folks on those cruises are being told.

Those starting the Canada/New England cruise as a round trip from Southampton on Sept 15, 2024 will still have a 28 night voyage. And those starting the cruise in New York on Sept 22, 2024 and continuing on the Southampton will still have a 21 night voyage.

Edited by bluemarble

Along with 432 as reported previously, I received a notification this morning that M422 (7nt TA, July 21, 2024) has been shortened to 6 nights because the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is no t available on 28 July.  Passengers will be prorated a discount for the missing night and given $50 OBC as an apology.  Hopefully we'll be able to cancel our existing reservations and rebook.  Is the OBC thank-you transferrable if we rebook the cruise entirely?  I presume not, but wonder if others have had this experience elsewhere.

I am most unhappy about this. I don't even have the option to rebook because we have two connecting staterooms and a double kennel that we'll completely lose if we rebook.

Taking away one night and this measly OBC compensation is not sitting well with me. One of our staterooms is four children--what are they going to do with $100 OBC? Not even giving it to all four passengers so they could at least do nice dining one night?

I'm seeing a report on other social media indicating the same thing may be happening to the June 9, 2024 westbound crossing as well. There is a report the previously scheduled call to New York on June 16, 2024 is being moved one day earlier to June 15, 2024 instead.

• Thanks 1

I can be a bit selfish - and prefer Brooklyn as there are no bridges or tunnels to cross 😉 .

It has been years since the last time sailing near the west side piers [Statue Cruises 4th of july dinner & fireworks cruise] I should check if space is available for this year.

Feeling pretty guilty about all of this, but for a change, we didn't get the sticky end of the lollipop, but the yummy part. We're getting the extra day, you folks will be missing out on. To be very honest, I'd almost trade the extra day for a departure from Manhattan.....

Does anyone know just who/what/why is messing up the Brooklyn terminal to force such a change?

• Host Hattie changed the title to QM2 M422 & M432 Revised Schedule
12 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Does anyone know just who/what/why is messing up the Brooklyn terminal to force such a change?

For the June 16, 2024 and July 28, 2024 dates, it's MSC Meraviglia who will be at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

It looks like MSC Meraviglia is also scheduled to be at Brooklyn on June 30, 2024 which would conflict with QM2's schedule. I won't be surprised to see an announcement concerning adjustments to the June 23-30, 2024 westbound crossing as well.

I haven't figured out which ship is causing the conflict on October 6, 2024 yet. I'm not seeing MSC Meraviglia scheduled for Brooklyn on that date.

Yes,

MSC Meraviglia is scheduled into Brooklyn on those dates,

when M416 was scheduled to end and M417 start 2024-06-16

and M422 was scheduled to end and M423 start 2024-07-28

I am curious what will happen to M417 and M423.

They must be starting a day early.

[edit] typing at the same time as you BlueMarble

MSC_Meraviglia_at_Brooklyn.png

Edited by Dranuc2016

24 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

For the June 16, 2024 and July 28, 2024 dates, it's MSC Meraviglia who will be at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

It looks like MSC Meraviglia is also scheduled to be at Brooklyn on June 30, 2024 which would conflict with QM2's schedule. I won't be surprised to see an announcement concerning adjustments to the June 23-30, 2024 westbound crossing as well.

I haven't figured out which ship is causing the conflict on October 6, 2024 yet. I'm not seeing MSC Meraviglia scheduled for Brooklyn on that date.

It is MSC Meraviglia which is also causing the conflict on October 6, 2024. She's scheduled for an 11-night Canada/New England roundtrip from Brooklyn on September 25-October 6, 2024.

Due to a berthing scheduling change at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, (New York) in 2024, there have been itinerary amendments to the 2024 Queen Mary 2® Transatlantic Crossing program departing between May 23 and October 13, 2024.

Four New York turnaround dates have been changed, which has impacted 28 voyages in total; M413A, M416, M416A, M417, M417A, M418, M418A, M418B, M419, M419A, M420A, M422 M422A, M423, M423A, M423B, M429B, M429C, M429D, M430A, M430B, M430C M431, M431A, M431B, M432, M432A, M432B. 

I've been reading elsewhere that the 14-night roundtrip crossing from New York previously scheduled for June 16-30, 2024 (M417A) is now going to be June 15-29, 2024. That's the resolution for the conflicting date in Brooklyn on June 30, 2024 I was wondering about.

I'm also reading that will be an 8-night eastbound crossing and a 6-night westbound crossing, so the June 23, 2024 arrival/departure date in Southampton won't be changing if that is indeed the case.

Reading between the lines from the list of impacted voyages, I think we can deduce voyage M419: Independence Day Celebration is going to be extended from 6 nights to 7 nights. The new dates for that voyage are apparently going to be June 29-July 6, 2024. I haven't heard if they might be planning to add another port call to that itinerary.

And just for the record, to document all four of the conflicting 2024 dates for Brooklyn in one post, here is what I have and what I understand is happening with QM2's schedule at Brooklyn to resolve those conflicts.

Jun 16, 2024 - QM2 moving to Jun 15

Jun 30, 2024 - QM2 moving to Jun 29

Jul 28, 2024 - QM2 moving to Jul 27

Oct 6, 2024 - QM2 moving to Oct 4

• Host Hattie changed the title to MERGED - QM2 2024 Brooklyn Revised Schedule
7 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

The 7 night Independence Day cruise now departs on June 29 with a overnight added in Halifax.

Thanks for that update. It's been quite a while since QM2 did a overnight in Halifax. My itineraries show she did a couple very early on in her sailing history during September and October of 2004 but none since then.

On the subject of 6-night crossings, I believe the last one of those was over 12 years ago. That was a westbound crossing on April 26-May 2, 2011.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

On the subject of 6-night crossings, I believe the last one of those was over 12 years ago. That was a westbound crossing on April 26-May 2, 2011.

Sorry, the last 6-night crossing I have in my itineraries was the eastbound crossing on April 26-May 2, 2011. The westbound crossing before that one on April 19-April 26, 2011 was 7 nights.

It looks like all the 2009 crossings were still 6 nights. It was during 2010 when Cunard started adding 7-night crossings into the mix. Since May 2011, all crossings have been at least 7 nights.

It's too bad it took scheduling conflicts at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal with all the inherent upheaval to existing schedules to see the return of a few 6-night crossings.

To recap, for those who might be interested, I believe these are the three 6-night crossings that are going to be on QM2's 2024 schedule now. All three are westbound crossings.

Jun 9-15, 2024

Jun 23-29, 2024

Jul 21-27, 2024

Similarly, for those who might be interested in longer crossings, I believe these are the two 8-night crossings and the one 9-night crossing (including Newport and Boston) that are going to be on QM2's 2024 schedule now because of the Brooklyn scheduling conflicts. All three are eastbound crossings.

Jun 15-23, 2024

Jul 27-Aug 4, 2024

Oct 4-13, 2024

The real question that arises is why did Cunard not confirm their docking schedule with the cruise port before selling these cruises? surely the company and the ship that books first gets the space and it looks like would seem that someone else was awake and moved into what Cunard must have thought was theirs without asking. Terrible example of incompetant management.

• Like 3