Why no free airfare on Viva only?

1 hour ago, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Im just wondering why there is no free airfare on the VIVA ship. Is that because it's new and they figure people will book it regardless? Thanks

Who knows? NCL doesn't have a habit of letting Cruise Critic know the "why" behind any of their decisions. One could just as easily ask why they should offer it. Truth is that nobody here knows why.

• Like 1

I just looked and the airfare seems to be offered for later cruises?  Promo used to fall off at day 90 but I think they just changed it to 110 days, so nothing before mid October will have airfare available.

• Like 1

I don't think knew has anything to do with it. We are sailing on the Prima later this summer, and booked it in 2001 when it was not even built yet. And the "free" airfare was there along with the other "free" offers.

We are sailing on the Viva in February and were offered the airfare. We declined because there is no way we are giving up control of our air tickets.

Flight to Puerto Rico was immediately purchased and the flight home will be bought next week when Southwest opens up their fares. We'll get the times/connections we want.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I don't think knew has anything to do with it. We are sailing on the Prima later this summer, and booked it in 2001 when it was not even built yet. And the "free" airfare was there along with the other "free" offers.

That's what he meant. Free airfare seems to be offered more on cruises further in the future. Airline prices tend to go up and availability tends to go down, the closer you get to trip time.

59 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

We are sailing on the Viva in February and were offered the airfare. We declined because there is no way we are giving up control of our air tickets...

Ditto. Plus, we usually fly first class.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:24 AM, brookie848 said:

We are sailing on the Viva in February and were offered the airfare. We declined because there is no way we are giving up control of our air tickets.

Absolutely, I like selecting my flights, no way I will let NCL or any other cruise line select the cheapest flights, put me on a flight with 3 connections or a flight that arrive after midnight. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2023 at 9:57 PM, Agent999 said:

Who knows? NCL doesn't have a habit of letting Cruise Critic know the "why" behind any of their decisions. One could just as easily ask why they should offer it. Truth is that nobody here knows why.

Snarky much?  Using your logic, many or most questions here probably shouldn't be asked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

You know everybody here?  Impressive!  🤪

Not at all, nor did I say I did know everybody here. What I said was that nobody here knows the "why" behind NCL's decisions. You have verifiable fact to prove otherwise?

5 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Snarky much?  Using your logic, many or most questions here probably shouldn't be asked.

How so? I never said that questions shouldn't be asked. I said that nobody here can explain the "why" behind NCL's decisions. We're well over a dozen replies to the "why" asked in this thread with no answer...only guesses. That is, up until you decided to try posting cute retorts to posts from 2 months ago. We must be really bored to dig up 2 month old threads to troll.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jltjr1999 said:

NCL PCC told me in order to get NCL bogo flights that you have to book at least 110 days before sailing. Who knows if that is 100% accurate?

That's what my PCC said as well.  Unlike the FAS promos, the BOGO offer has always gone away at some point.  It used to be at 120 days, has been 90 days for quite some time, they changed it fairly recently to 110. 

On 8/15/2023 at 11:12 AM, julig22 said:

That's what my PCC said as well.  Unlike the FAS promos, the BOGO offer has always gone away at some point.  It used to be at 120 days, has been 90 days for quite some time, they changed it fairly recently to 110. 

Yes. I think that’s the answer. I was able to buy my airfare for the Viva because I still had time for my December cruise.