Laundry question

zqtchas

Free unlimited laundry included in the CP every day.  Junior CP Suite Free laundry every ten days.

There is also some type of pressing for all the suites (varies by suite) and Dry Cleaning included in the Sapphire, Junior, CP although the frequency and amount is suite category specific.

If you go to the Crystal Cruises website and look for the accommodations for each category if you click on details it will show you the amenities including these.

Keith

• Thanks 1

I’m worried about our laundry situation on our Alaska cruise.

This will be our first cruise in a “colder climate”.

I’m sure we will pack more than we have on previous cruises due to the uncertainty of the weather.

25 minutes ago, bitob said:

They should take a page out of Regent's book

Free laundry for everyone

Luxury travellers shouldn't have to waste time in the laundry room (although it can be an adventure)

They do not need to do.

As you know, Crystal has wonderful laundry rooms which are very large so it is easy to do ones laundry.

I had this discussion with someone years ago.

The could provide included laundry and cut back on enrichment or other things.

It is nice that each cruise line is not a clone of one another.

For example, Crystal has clergy on board and Ambassador Hosts. Regent does not but does other things.

So it goes.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gregrat said:

I’m worried about our laundry situation on our Alaska cruise.

This will be our first cruise in a “colder climate”.

I’m sure we will pack more than we have on previous cruises due to the uncertainty of the weather.

You have nothing to worry about Greg.

Weather is not an issue. In fact, in Alaska you sweat less so some clothing you can wear again.

But either way we just do our laundry.

Often we get inclusive laundry but for several reasons we do not see a need for others to do our laundry.

Keith

12 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Personally, I am not a big fan of laundry service on a ship.

For the most part We would not use it if it were offered.

I wonder, with the reconfiguration of he suites ,how the laundry rooms were affected.

We feel the same way.

No impact on the rooms except for one very positive thing. That is less guests on board meaning less demand for the rooms.

Keith

3 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

You have nothing to worry about Greg.

Weather is not an issue. In fact, in Alaska you sweat less so some clothing you can wear again.

But either way we just do our laundry.

Often we get inclusive laundry but for several reasons we do not see a need for others to do our laundry.

Keith

Thank you sir.

Always there when I need you.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Personally, I am not a big fan of laundry service on a ship.

For the most part We would not use it if it were offered.

I wonder, with the reconfiguration of he suites ,how the laundry rooms were affected.

I was terrified of having the ship touch my laundry. for that reason on symphony I booked the suite with the washer dryer. So convenient 

On our first ss cruise we had included laundry so I gave it a go and I was delightfully surprised. Everything done beautifully   Specific instructions followed. Nothing ruined. Then on regent I gave the laundry in without fear. Both lines did an amazing job. In fact on regent when they have the farewell party the laundry staff gets the most applause 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

They do not need to do.

As you know, Crystal has wonderful laundry rooms which are very large so it is easy to do ones laundry.

I had this discussion with someone years ago.

The could provide included laundry and cut back on enrichment or other things.

It is nice that each cruise line is not a clone of one another.

For example, Crystal has clergy on board and Ambassador Hosts. Regent does not but does other things.

So it goes.

You don’t need to cut back to include laundry. What did oc cut back when they went all inclusive?  

how many people do you think would choose a line just because clergy is on board?  Low number. Easy to find a church or synagogue as you travel and frankly more culturally interesting 

4 minutes ago, bitob said:

how many people do you think would choose a line just because clergy is on board?  Low number. Easy to find a church or synagogue as you travel and frankly more culturally interesting 

We were happy there was a rabbi onboard when we sailed during Passover and Hanukkah. And the room was filled for both.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AtA said:

We were happy there was a rabbi onboard when we sailed during Passover and Hanukkah. And the room was filled for both.

Most ships have clergy for the big holidays. Oceania always did. Not unique to crystal 

zqtchas....I hope between myself and Ata's we have answered your question which was simply what suites include some type of laundry service.  

I am not sure if you are new to Crystal or not. The self service laundry facilities on Crystal are the best of any line we have sailed with. I certainly have not sailed all lines are all ships within a line. I am just sharing our experience.  

As to the discussion of lines who include the service and lines that do not I can only say each line is different in terms of all its offerings.  I am unsure if Crystal has the capabilities to offer a service for everyone.  Like some I have seen the facilities first hand as they are often part of the tour given to those on the Full World Cruise.  And then there is the added crew.  I think of it this way. On Crystal they dedicate several more accommodations for enrichment and entertainers such as Ambassador Hosts, Clergy, and others such as Odyssey at Sea.  The could offset the costs for providing this service by cutting back on enrichment.  I am glad they don't.

I do know based on feedback they do provide a laundry service for those on the full World Cruise.  They are also doing this for the grand voyages and for both also providing medical visits.  

Personally, we prefer doing our own laundry for several reasons including not drying certain items, using our preferred water temperatures settings along with other setting for wash and the dryer.

Like most things everyone has their own opinion.  For me, given a tradeoff of laundry versus say cutting back on enrichment I prefer it the way it is. Maybe if the laundry rooms were a lot smaller my opinion would change.

Again, I hope we answered your original question which is a great question.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, bitob said:

You don’t need to cut back to include laundry. What did oc cut back when they went all inclusive?  

When they went all inclusive they raised the prices (fare per day/cabin category). There ain't no free lunch!

Edited by Texas Tillie

5 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Certainly better than Silversea with one stack machine in a small walk-in closet!

And the instructions were in German!

And regarding going all inclusive and raising prices, recently SS started including tours. Fares went up and the tours went down. More like mass market lines now. In fact the only tour that was excellent on SS was the one we had to pay over $150 additional pp.

Edited by AtA
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Certainly better than Silversea with one stack machine in a small walk-in closet!

No idea

I get free laundry on SS because I book a Silver Suite.

I have not done a formal analysis of laundry facilities on ships as others appear to have done.

17 minutes ago, bitob said:

When then I hope everyone enjoys those gorgeous laundry rooms which we were just informed are the "best at sea" -- high praise.

Also bitob: 

No idea

I have not done a formal analysis of laundry facilities on ships as others appear to have done.

No comment from me needed.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AtA said:

And the instructions were in German!

And regarding going all inclusive and raising prices, recently SS started including tours. Fares went up and the tours went down. More like mass market lines now. In fact the only tour that was excellent on SS was the one we had to pay over $150 additional pp.

you have taken one ss cruise i believe

Tours on Regent are awful.

Tours on SS are quite good, and we are private tour people.  The other aspect of SS tours we love is that they have many tours with minimal activity.  At this point in our lives we are not trekking around or doing anything very high energy.  I always have an option to do private.  I never did a ship tour on Crystal

I guess you haven't been on too many mass market lines if you think Silversea is like a mass market line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AtA said:

Also bitob: 

No idea

No comment from me needed.

Have you done the analysis too? Anxious to hear!

I always booked PHS on Crystal (comparable to Silver suite) and never got free laundry.  That's why I needed the suite with the laundry facilities.

Edited by bitob