Praise for FlightEase

Unlvswezel

I've had some really challenges with FlightEase but today I felt like the service functioned as intended. My family is set for a sailing next week out of Copenhagen. We have 2 cabins and as such 2 sets of flight reservations. Today as I was reviewing and confirming all of my travel plans I realized that at some point my departure date was moved up a day while my wife's reservation was unchanged. All same flights, connections were the same just two different departure dates. I quickly verified all my documents and have documentation showing that the correct date was booked and I called HAL hoping to get things fixed. Most of my experience with Flight Ease has been a pain and take a significant amount of time to resolve. Today I spoke with Marcus who was incredibly knowledgeable and could see that in April there was an error that resulted in my flight being moved back a day. Within 10 minutes the situation was resolved and we were able to get new seat assignments. While our new seats weren't where we intended we were able to remain in the same class and most importantly travel together as a family.   

I've voiced my complaints about FlightEase in the past, and while I probably wont use the service again in the future its good to know that it appears the customer service side of HAL is starting to show signs of improvement, and thought it was worth sharing a positive story. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

This is very good to hear, FlightEase has been a pain for well over a year. Thanks for reporting a positive result

This is why it is important if one is booked with any airline your own booking or especially Flight Ease to regularly check you air reservation.  

• Like 1

I just had a two-day experience with the FlightEast website - terrible two days ago, and even worse when I called and got an unintelligible Indian Call Center run-around.  

But the website finally worked as presented yesterday. Wonder if these prior problems were mainly website "glitches", now fixed?

Thanks for the warnings. I will pay attention to see what is coming up next for our air reservations.,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

I just had a two-day experience with the FlightEast website - terrible two days ago, and even worse when I called and got an unintelligible Indian Call Center run-around.  

But the website finally worked as presented yesterday. Wonder if these prior problems were mainly website "glitches", now fixed?

Thanks for the warnings. I will pay attention to see what is coming up next for our air reservations.,

A couple of suggestions I’ve used when dealing with FE. One of you call just ask to be transferred to a supervisor. I’ve found those staff are us based and more skilled in solving problems.

The web portal is a hot mess, I sometimes have to either unclick and re-click my passengers to access the site or clear my cookies to have it work properly. 

Our interactions with FlightEase for our July departure are terrible. The airline told us it was HAL's problem and HAL told us it's the airlines problem. We still do not have confirmed seats for out return flight from Copenhagen with American Airlines, HAL told us we can only book confirmed seats 24 hours before our flight date at which time we are at sea, I was told guest services would be aware of this & they would help us. In the future we will book our own flights. I have sent Guest Relations two emails telling them how unhappy I am, they answered one saying they're looking into it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Unlvswezel said:

I've had some really challenges with FlightEase but today I felt like the service functioned as intended. My family is set for a sailing next week out of Copenhagen. We have 2 cabins and as such 2 sets of flight reservations. Today as I was reviewing and confirming all of my travel plans I realized that at some point my departure date was moved up a day while my wife's reservation was unchanged. All same flights, connections were the same just two different departure dates. I quickly verified all my documents and have documentation showing that the correct date was booked and I called HAL hoping to get things fixed. Most of my experience with Flight Ease has been a pain and take a significant amount of time to resolve. Today I spoke with Marcus who was incredibly knowledgeable and could see that in April there was an error that resulted in my flight being moved back a day. Within 10 minutes the situation was resolved and we were able to get new seat assignments. While our new seats weren't where we intended we were able to remain in the same class and most importantly travel together as a family.   

I've voiced my complaints about FlightEase in the past, and while I probably wont use the service again in the future its good to know that it appears the customer service side of HAL is starting to show signs of improvement, and thought it was worth sharing a positive story. 

Let me see if I understand you correctly.  FlightEase either made a mistake back in April or didn't recognize that someone else made a mistake and you're happy that they fixed the problem after you found the mistake.  This isn't my idea of anything worthy of praise, but I'm glad you're happy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Let me see if I understand you correctly.  FlightEase either made a mistake back in April or didn't recognize that someone else made a mistake and you're happy that they fixed the problem after you found the mistake.  This isn't my idea of anything worthy of praise, but I'm glad you're happy.

I think the key here that OP is praising is that FE actually resolved it fairly easy. Up till recently calling FE was horrible hours and hours on hold, no one willing to hlep or understand your problem and if anything ended up making it worse. The fact it was a fairly simple phone call and it got resolved was worth praising. Oh I totallly agree it should not have happened in the first place but.... it is a step in the right direction of possibly seeing improvement with FlightEase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 5:17 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

A lot of what airlines are doing with changing schedules and flights have nothing to do with FE but FE gets all the blame. We booked direct with AA to FLL for our cruise last month with Celebrity. AA a week before our cruise canceled out noon flight home and put us on a flight leaving before the ship docked. It took waiting on hold for 2 hours to get AA put us on a flight from Miami at 1:40pm. BTW AA never notified us of the change in flights, I caught it by checking 3 or 4 times a week online our flight schedules.

Whether you book direct or with any cruise line you have to take responsibility for your flights, realizing changes happen all the time, by checking online frequently all of your flights. Both HAL's FE and Celebrity FBC are much better at notifying us about airline changes in flights and schedules. Our FE experience last year with a covid delay getting home from Venice sold us on FE customer service. We got put into quarantine for 3 days after our cruise in Venice and missed our Business Class flight home. Once we were cleared to fly home it took only one call to FE to get us rebooked the next day on a BC flight home, something no airline would have done.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, kb4683 said:

Would someone please post the FlightEase phone number?

Thank you!

Should you need assistance with your flight selections or during your air travels, you may rely on our support to ensure worry-free travel. Contact your Travel Advisor or call our support line at 1-800-628-4771.

3 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Should you need assistance with your flight selections or during your air travels, you may rely on our support to ensure worry-free travel. Contact your Travel Advisor or call our support line at 1-800-628-4771.

Thank you!