Alaska: Post-Cruise Hotel & Luggage

Ga_Girl

If I book a post-cruise hotel in Vancouver, it looks like Princess will then provide transfers to the hotel and then to the airport.

However, if I wanted to get off the ship and go right to a tour, would Princess take my bags to the hotel without me? Or I must go with the bags to the hotel?

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yep...you just hand them off to the bus driver and they follow you along until they drop you off at the airport.  Make sure to keep any important documents with you just in case...

49 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

If it's a Princess post cruise tour, your bags will go with you on the tour bus.

This would NOT be a Princess tour. What I was hoping was that bags would go to the hotel while I met for a Buchart Gardens tour in Canada Place. Is that an option?

We booked the Westin Bayshore via Princess and it says transfers are included to there, so I'm guessing they'll take me and my bags to that hotel. Do I have to be with the bags, or will they deliver the luggage on my behalf while I go do this other tour?

19 minutes ago, Ga_Girl said:

This would NOT be a Princess tour. What I was hoping was that bags would go to the hotel while I met for a Buchart Gardens tour in Canada Place. Is that an option?

Ah...NOT a Princess tour.  You would have to speak to that tour operator to get a definitive answer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Ah...NOT a Princess tour.  You would have to speak to that tour operator to get a definitive answer.

Well, my question is if Princess will still deliver my bags to the Westin Bayshore. I've booked the hotel and transfers with Princess.

4 minutes ago, Ga_Girl said:

Well, my question is if Princess will still deliver my bags to the Westin Bayshore. I've booked the hotel and transfers with Princess.

It sounds like you want to know if your bags can be transfered to the hotel without you! My money is on 'no' but I think its a question for Princess. I would think this might be an unusual scenario. 

• Like 1

On every transfer I have done you pick up your luggage at curbside at the hotel or airport. I sincerely doubt the bus driver is going to haul your bags into the hotel and leave with the front desk. That is not their job

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Agreed...while what you are looking for would be nice, I don't think the logistics of such action is going to be possible.

I actually agree with you! I just wondered if I was understanding things correctly. Family member insists that Princess would just take our bags for us and we could go meet a separate tour. I find that hard to believe, but since they had the luggage valet thing, I second guessed it.

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I’m curious as to how long this tour is, and how you are going, as Butchart Gardens are in. Victoria, not Vancouver.  EM

Yes, I do know that the gardens are in Victoria! There are several tours that meet in Canada Place, take you out to the ferry, over to Victoria to see the gardens, and then reverse. It's a long day.

Just curious. Since the tour is set up outside Princess. How were you planning on getting to your hotel after the tour? Couldn't you just take your bags with you and leave them with the tour company?