Ship swap from Reflection to Beyond In 2024 FLL

Wennfred

Finally got through to Celebrity!  Confirmed that my April 21 and 27 will be switched to the Beyond- same type stateroom🤞🤞🤞and original price will be honored plus 100.00 OBC. The good news is I like the ship and the 1st itinerary better than the Reflection and get it at a Solstice price!  I love the ABC and that remains unchanged. 
We will know by July 11!   🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

Kicking myself over this. I’m on the Equinox now and went down to the Future Cruise desk a few days ago with an ABC Reflection in mind for next year for a family trip. My parents went ahead and booked it while in the Silhouette a few days ago because the had a fair BCC discount. I didn’t have one so I decided to wait since I could still earn points on this sailing. Then this changed happened and the sailing is about $600 more. My parents, of course kept their prevailing rate (plus extra OBC) and will be switched over but nothing that can be done for me because intent to book counts for nothing lol. Oh well! 

Edited by AbbyCruiser45

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you weighed just booking now and cancelling the other reservation?

no I will wait and see

The thing is the description of my room applies to two locations.  One facing Forward under the bridge and they also have rooms on deck 3 facing ocean.

If they go by description I could be okay. But if they go by category it will be a crap shoot.

And it does look like the rooms right now are selling for about 300 dollars less.

I do not know why the do not move rooms before then allowing for addl reservations

Gonna be a mess.

We are booked on the reflection 21 and 27 too and got the email about the switch only for the 27th. How likely could it be that Celebrity swap the 21 sailing on Reflection to Beyond even steven? It is 2 days longer and the itinerary is completely different? I can’t imagine them being that generous. 

I’m so glad this doesn’t affect my April 13, 2024 sailing on Reflection! I believe the ship swap happens the following week.  We have a hump balcony on Reflection. I would be so disappointed to be moved to an IV on Beyond!

4 hours ago, CruiseTimeAgain2 said:

What is the reason for the switch of 3 cruises from Reflection to Beyond?

What is Reflection going to be doing, Ship buy out or ship repairs 

I read on another forum that Reflection will now be doing 3-4 night booze cruise itineraries in the Caribbean, and Beyond will be in the Caribbean full time.

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

no I will wait and see

The thing is the description of my room applies to two locations.  One facing Forward under the bridge and they also have rooms on deck 3 facing ocean.

If they go by description I could be okay. But if they go by category it will be a crap shoot.

And it does look like the rooms right now are selling for about 300 dollars less.

I do not know why the do not move rooms before then allowing for addl reservations

Gonna be a mess.

They went by category for us. We had booked a Prime Oceanview on Reflection and Celebrity assigned us a cabin on deck 3.

• Haha 1

We were also booked on Reflection for their April 27th ABC cruise, which has now been switched to Beyond.

Be sure to check what the current rates are for you cabin, compared to what you booked.

We booked onboard and turns out the current rate for our Prime AquaClass cabin is lower.

Our travel agent was able to call Celebrity today and got a sizeable drop to our cruise fare.

That will help ease the pain of losing our bump veranda cabin to go to the infamous IV cabin!

11 hours ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

We have not sailed any edge class ship because we have no desire to sail in an IV nor pay the exorbitant suite prices. We have a B3B in May '24 that is affected by this change and are very unhappy campers. We are in concierge which are mainly located below the buffet and pool deck on the Beyond which causes a huge concern in itself!!! And I highly doubt Celebrity would be smart enough to assign us the same stateroom for all 3 sailings like we had. We have NRD so it is doubtful we can get a refund. I know this crap happens but I don't have to be okay with it nor understand it.  

I would call X and demanding a refund, not an FCC.  X made the MAJOR change in the schedule, not you, and I don't see that this action on X's part falls within the terms of contract such that you are stuck.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 9:04 PM, SusieAV8R said:

I would call X and demanding a refund, not an FCC.  X made the MAJOR change in the schedule, not you, and I don't see that this action on X's part falls within the terms of contract such that you are stuck.

The contract doesn’t guarantee a specific ship, or model. Similarly, an airline ticket doesn’t guarantee a specific plane, or model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tscoffey said:

The contract doesn’t guarantee a specific ship, or model. Similarly, an airline ticket doesn’t guarantee a specific plane, or model.

Sorry this is a bit different.  People very often choose cruises for specific ships. And cruises are marketed that way too.   Substituting an E-Class ship for Reflection really changes the cruise for those wanting balconies.   The vast majority of people choose convenient and/or affordable flights and don't really care about the airplane model.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Sorry this is a bit different.  People very often choose cruises for specific ships. And cruises are marketed that way too.   Substituting an E-Class ship for Reflection really changes the cruise for those wanting balconies.   The vast majority of people choose convenient and/or affordable flights and don't really care about the airplane model.

Emotions and expectations aside, the cruise ticket contract explicitly states that Celebrity can substitute another vessel. So while a passenger may not be happy with the switch from Reflection to Beyond (“emotions and expectations”), it is not a contractual violation on the part of Celebrity.

25 minutes ago, tscoffey said:

Emotions and expectations aside, the cruise ticket contract explicitly states that Celebrity can substitute another vessel. So while a passenger may not be happy with the switch from Reflection to Beyond (“emotions and expectations”), it is not a contractual violation on the part of Celebrity.

Yes I understand the contractual language.  

I had a reservation on the 6N Reflection leaving April 21, 2024.  I received the email indicating I will be moved to the April 22, 2024 Beyond sailing.  However, I was moved to the 5N Reflection leaving on April 21st with no change in price.  

For those on the original 6N sailing, were you moved to the Beyond or the shorter Reflection? Seems a bit disingenuous to send an email indicating one change and then doing a different change.