Speciality Dinning for 3rd person???

uneamie

We have the free at sea Specialty dinning for the 2 of us but that leaves our my brother who is going to be with us in our cabin. Can I purchase the extra dining package for $69 and give it to him? This way he can go with us and not have to pay ala cart

34 minutes ago, uneamie said:

We have the free at sea Specialty dinning for the 2 of us but that leaves our my brother who is going to be with us in our cabin. Can I purchase the extra dining package for $69 and give it to him? This way he can go with us and not have to pay ala cart

No...the SDP's are Non-Transferable, so YOU cannot buy the "discounted" upgraded 2-meal SDP and then allow HIM to use the extra 2 meals assigned to YOU.

You CAN buy him a 2-meal SDP at the standard price.

That is what we did last year when travelling with our adult children in the 2-BR on the Joy.  We had the Free at Sea, but we purchased 2-meal package for the other 3 people so we could all enjoy the specialty meals together without paying a la carte at those.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Yes.

2 hours ago, uneamie said:

No

Specialty dining is tied to a person and are non-transferable. Brother needs to buy a package at the retail price. And can not use your upgrade. 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone...it's a shame because many people have their young adult children with them in their cabin...it would be nice if they could offer a discounted dining package for 3rd and 4th people. Oh well...I guess we will get him his own. He lives with us...I am his caregiver since he is handicapped. Due to his handicap I would never leave him to go off on his own so he goes with us everywhere. Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your responses. 

• Like 2

Depending on the specific "Specialty Dining" restaurant(s) in question for a given or specific NCL ship booked - the 3rd person and/or 4th person does NOT have to buy or add a full dining package to eat there.  S/he can just order one or two items from the menu, i.e.  when our SIL was sailing with us together in the Family Suite last year and for La Cucina (also, Cagney's, Ocean Blue & Le Bistro) - she order a pizza (pasta dish is good too) as her entree.  The charge came to like $19 + 20% ... not expensive.  Folks, there is no minimum charge for each/every passenger dining in these places onboard.  😉 😉 😉 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Depending on the specific "Specialty Dining" restaurant(s) in question for a given or specific NCL ship booked - the 3rd person and/or 4th person does NOT have to buy or add a full dining package to eat there.  S/he can just order one or two items from the menu, i.e.  when our SIL was sailing with us together in the Family Suite last year and for La Cucina (also, Cagney's, Ocean Blue & Le Bistro) - she order a pizza (pasta dish is good too) as her entree.  The charge came to like $19 + 20% ... not expensive.  Folks, there is no minimum charge for each/every passenger dining in these places onboard.  😉 😉 😉 

Excellent point to note.  Definitely consider whether you brother will take advantage of the full value of the meal (App, Salad, entrée, sides, dessert).  Certainly if they are going to, the package is the best deal.  A full dinner at Cagney's, Ocean Blue, & Le Bistro will run $90 to $130 or more, when charged a la carte. 

But a light eater, who doesn't take advantage of all the courses should go a la carte in some of the restaurants.  

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 9:38 AM, JandC_Cruising said:

Excellent point to note.  Definitely consider whether you brother will take advantage of the full value of the meal (App, Salad, entrée, sides, dessert).  Certainly if they are going to, the package is the best deal.  A full dinner at Cagney's, Ocean Blue, & Le Bistro will run $90 to $130 or more, when charged a la carte. 

But a light eater, who doesn't take advantage of all the courses should go a la carte in some of the restaurants.  

Yeah...my brother is 61 and has a hearty appetite so I think we are better off getting him the package. I already purchased it for $119. I'd rather have the option so he can get what he wants. It's not a bad price for 2 specialty dinners. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, celestialcruiser said:

Can OBC for pax 1 or 2 be used to buy dining package or a la carte for pax 3 at specialty restaurants?

Assuming you put everyone in the cabin on the same credit card for your on-board account, then yes.  When you setup your on-board account that way, all the charges go against the one card and any OBC will get applied as charges are incurred for all in the cabin.

3 hours ago, celestialcruiser said:

Can OBC for pax 1 or 2 be used to buy dining package or a la carte for pax 3 at specialty restaurants?

On the ship, Yes, even if you have separate accounts after the charge is made you just have to both visit Guest Services and they will transfer the charge from the 3rd passenger's account to the person with the OBC. You both must be there to sign that you know the charge is being transferred. You can even do it between cabins.