International Cafe specialty coffee question

Bjbilly

1 hour ago, CynCyn said:

Had that issue in reverse on Discovery in May.  Man in food line threw the biggest fit over a coffee only line.  Screaming at me about having common sense.  I just let it go but I wanted to say, “why would I want to wait for you and your family to spend 5 minutes gawking at the food, discussing it with your child, and waiting for them to heat it up when all I want is coffee? Who has the common sense, Mr. Blue Card!”

What a d*ngleberry!  They’re in both lines, though. I had to listen to people who had 15 minutes standing in line to make up their minds about drinks but took 5 more minutes to decide when the question “what can we make for you this morning?” Was posed to them.

37 minutes ago, pompeii said:

If you'll find out in August because you're going to be on a ship, would you please report back?  I've been trying to find out about the status of the Lavazza partnership but nobody seems to know.  I'm trying to figure out if we should bring our packets of Via on the Royal in Septmeber, or if Lavazza brewed will be available in the buffet and dining rooms.  Thanks!

I have Via packets that I’ve never tried, so I don’t know how good the stuff is.  But I know it doesn’t take up a lot of room.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I have Via packets that I’ve never tried, so I don’t know how good the stuff is.  But I know it doesn’t take up a lot of room.  

They beat syrup-based coffee, that's for sure!  No, they don't take up a lot of room but we're on a b4b for about 7 weeks, so if I can count on the coffee on the ship being good enough I'd rather use that room in my suitcase for something else.

6 minutes ago, pompeii said:

They beat syrup-based coffee, that's for sure!  No, they don't take up a lot of room but we're on a b4b for about 7 weeks, so if I can count on the coffee on the ship being good enough I'd rather use that room in my suitcase for something else.

LOL. That’s a lot of packets. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

If you'll find out in August because you're going to be on a ship, would you please report back?  I've been trying to find out about the status of the Lavazza partnership but nobody seems to know.  I'm trying to figure out if we should bring our packets of Via on the Royal in Septmeber, or if Lavazza brewed will be available in the buffet and dining rooms.  Thanks!

Honestly, I'll probably forget to respond a month and a half from now.  Here's a live thread embarking in two days. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2947517-live-emerald-princess-16-day-hawaii-july-6th-to-july-22nd/page/2/

To @BamaVol, Via is made from Arabica beans usually used in brewed coffee. Instants usually use Robusta beans. Compared to the usual instants, or syrups, it has a smoother taste, like a cup of brewed. Try it!  

Edited by mtnesterz

On 7/2/2023 at 6:45 AM, New2cruise2022 said:

Are there sugar free options for the coffees?

Yes. It's the way I have my coffee.  Just ask for black. (not being facetious - I've drunk black coffee for so long I think I would die if someone added sugar to it)

15 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

This is true but…usually very difficult to find a seat in the Piazza. What works for us (for our first cuppa) is room service using the app. Never had to wait more than 20 min., always served hot. 

I'm really happy to hear this is possible!  I was afraid I'd need to throw some clothes on and get myself to the International Cafe or Princess live for my morning cuppa.  Trust me when I say that everyone wins if I don't have to leave my cabin my shower and morning coffee.

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, Musky Ike said:

Also they could separate the food and drink lines at the IC. Sometimes they intertwine and folks stand in the wrong one or both.

On Enchanted last year there were two distinct lines. And by lines I mean - 2-3 people at the most. I got a fancy coffee every morning, not an early riser by any means, so 8-9 am maybe? We were on a full cruise during Thanksgiving week just to give you an idea about the crowds.

It was delicious.

Here is my review of the coffee menu:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2897524-enchanted-thanksgiving-2022-southern-caribbean-review-with-patters-menus-and-pics-of-food/page/2/#comment-64403424

7 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

I'm really happy to hear this is possible!  I was afraid I'd need to throw some clothes on and get myself to the International Cafe or Princess live for my morning cuppa.  Trust me when I say that everyone wins if I don't have to leave my cabin my shower and morning coffee.

That’s a win! 😎 Multiple ways to order…via cabin phone, Medallion app on your phone/iPad, etc or cabin TV under food/drink. Food takes a bit of time but we would frequently order only  a reg coffee and cappuccino and it would arrive in less than 20 min. Or use the room service card your steward places in your room night before, schedule for your preferred time. You can even order a carafe of coffee from room service if you like.  It showed up earlier each time. Enjoy! 

Edited by JoRoy218
  • Like 1