Diamond drinks for coffee w/alcohol and strategies for using voucher for something to keep for next day?

Hi all, it's been a minute!  If at Cafe Promenade and wanting to load up a frappuccino with some rum and/or baileys or something, how do you know how much extra a shot is to get to $13?  Is there any sort of w/alcohol CP menu I might not know about?

Also, if done drinking or the night, anyone have any good strategies for getting something that could be used the next day?  I can only think of something neat and poured into coffee in the morning.

Thanks! 

Beer, Cider, Truly, anything you can get unopened is good for storing in your cooler (if yours is cold enough, which varies by ship).

Something like a shot of baileys to put in your morning coffee works too.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CP3o said:

Is there any sort of w/alcohol CP menu I might not know about?

It's typically posted at the venue and the coffees w/alcohol are around $10-12 - not sure they would accommodate putting a second shot in the drink w/one voucher.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Beer, Cider, Truly, anything you can get unopened is good for storing in your cooler (if yours is cold enough, which varies by ship).

We have already ordered the Truly gift n gear bucket to be in our cabin waiting so we can put them in the frig, which is really a cooler. But if you ask steward for ice and take a couple of baggies with you you can put these in it and they will actually get cold.  Yes, I have gone to this trouble for my bottle of white also.  They will ice the wine for you and then you can try my suggestion to keep it cool.  Hubs uses voucher for shots of amaretto for his morning latte.  But keep in mind, one shot = 1 drink on your voucher.

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Our fridge...Voyager.

* We give some to our cabin steward. :classic_smile:

20220826_155541.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It's typically posted at the venue and the coffees w/alcohol are around $10-12 - not sure they would accommodate putting a second shot in the drink w/one voucher.

Thanks, I'm not familiar with seeing that, just the big overhead that has frappaccinos, etc for 5.99 or something and I wondered if the shot was priced out separately.  Not trying to cheat the system or anything lol.  I'm assuming they will take any iced coffee drink and add some booze to it b/c it's there and the cost will be under the limit. 👍

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Our fridge...Voyager.

* We give some to our cabin steward. :classic_smile:

20220826_155541.jpg

Wow, I was unsure they'd give unopened but if they do that's a great option and looks like Foster's might be biggest bang for the voucher.

3 hours ago, CP3o said:

Wow, I was unsure they'd give unopened but if they do that's a great option and looks like Foster's might be biggest bang for the voucher.

We go to each bar...ask politely and add a few $ tip...we usually go back to the bar closest to our cabin. Sone will even give us bottled water. 

* It could be difficult to carry the cans and bottles at the end of each night back to our cabin...and we embarrassingly look like alcoholics riding the elevator with our hands full.

* We now ask for a plastic "bucket"...from the bar or our cabin steward...and use it to carry the cans and bottles. Happy sailing! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CP3o said:

Thanks, I'm not familiar with seeing that, just the big overhead that has frappaccinos, etc for 5.99 or something and I wondered if the shot was priced out separately.  Not trying to cheat the system or anything lol.  I'm assuming they will take any iced coffee drink and add some booze to it b/c it's there and the cost will be under the limit. 👍

Some Cafe Promenades have a "spirited coffees" menu..there are both cold and hot drinks on the menu.

Cafe-Promenade-Spirited-Coffees-scaled.jpg.optimal.jpg.f1082baf8c56d23db2cf0fe05f7a9acc.jpg

• Like 2

On Radiance in May the barista at Cafe Latte-tudes made me an alcoholic latte he called the Royal using a drink voucher. Don't remember seeing any spirited coffees on the menu but he also made me a couple others on different days and I can't remember what he called them. Could have been his own concoctions. Mighty tasty!