Does Cunard still mail a "Your Voyage" book including luggage tags

Dranuc2016

Back in 2019 I went on two voyages.  If you did not print luggage labels online (with their old version of online voyage information), Cunard would mail an information booklet with luggage labels.  Do they still do this, or are you now required to print them yourself online?  (my printer is printing a little faint)

Thanks.

I tried searching for the answer, but could not find it.

49 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I’m afraid you have to print it. They don’t send those helpful booklets any more.

I certainly received one in November & December 2022 & Jan 2023.  I stand corrected the title is " Your Ocean Awaits"  It's a much smaller version from the previous booklets. 

I really need to get the hang of posting photos here  , however , someone will come to my rescue and produce a photo of one.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

I certainly received one in November & December 2022 & Jan 2023.  I stand corrected the title is " Your Ocean Awaits"  It's a much smaller version from the previous booklets. 

I really need to get the hang of posting photos here  , however , someone will come to my rescue and produce a photo of one.  

I’m sorry. Yes, I think I recall what you mention. But it doesn’t contain much of use. No labels, and no info about tours (which, by the way, My voyage won’t let me access). 

17 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Here you are. This is a scan of one of my recent "Your Ocean Awaits" booklets. It's A5 paper size.

YourOceanAwaits.thumb.jpg.0c51aae041e5f3c79fb6c947384994af.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, alibabacruisers said:

We had one for our 2019 cruise and it had the luggage labels.  John, did yours (2023) have the luggage labels?

No, the new smaller "Your Ocean Awaits" booklets are quite generic. No luggage labels and no details about shore excursions as in the past. The only details I can find specific to the voyage are found on the front cover (guest name, booking reference number, departure date, ship and voyage number). The Welcome page is also customized with "Dear Mr. John ...".

I booked three consecutive voyages as separate bookings (eastbound crossing, Norwegian fjords and westbound crossing). As a result, I received three separate "Your Ocean Awaits" booklets. As far as I can tell, all three booklets are identical except for those voyage-specific details printed on the front cover and a numeric code printed along the lower right corner of the back cover which looks like it might indicate the date and time the booklet was printed.

The only items I can find within the contents of the booklets which indicate they aren't totally generic are references to Queen Mary 2 and venues such as Kings Court which are specific to Queen Mary 2. In other words, there is apparently some customization to the contents for the different ships.

• Like 1

Seems astonishing that $22,000 and change doesn't buy you a proper set of baggage tags, a real ticket and in a real ticket envelope anymore.  I got all three for $210 for ss FRANCE and there is no reason why this cannot be still done.  The "print at home" baggage "tags" are... absurd and I have to fly with a roll of cellotape to stick them together.  

"Self check in," "Print at home" tickets and tags.. why next, they might have us stand watch and make our own beds.  

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Seems astonishing that $22,000 and change doesn't buy you a proper set of baggage tags, a real ticket and in a real ticket envelope anymore.  I got all three for $210 for ss FRANCE and there is no reason why this cannot be still done.  The "print at home" baggage "tags" are... absurd and I have to fly with a roll of cellotape to stick them together.  

"Self check in," "Print at home" tickets and tags.. why next, they might have us stand watch and make our own beds.  

I would have thought they would look after you a bit better indeed....

yet another thing I had no idea we needed to do.....  we are flying a couple of days before boarding, they explained in Cunard they don't have a shuttle bus in Rome because we are not arriving the day of the cruise, not that is difficult to find our own way to the port (or expensive) but still...

I better get my daughter to read the whole thing properly to see what we will need....  I'm sure we have somewhere a set of self adhesive labels to print, but those maybe for a printer that would have worked in the early 2000s.... does one need necessarily to stick them? it wont work to put a label in a luggage tag?

I still have a stash of c. 1977 Cunard baggage labels... nice study card ones, too.... I might just use those on our October cruise.  Maybe bring along the nice 70s vinyl ticket jacket (remember those?) for good measure.  I note from the "Embarkation Arrangements" that the Boat Train for RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 departs Waterloo Station at 11:15 a.m......

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

yet another thing I had no idea we needed to do.....  we are flying a couple of days before boarding, they explained in Cunard they don't have a shuttle bus in Rome because we are not arriving the day of the cruise, not that is difficult to find our own way to the port (or expensive) but still...

I better get my daughter to read the whole thing properly to see what we will need....  I'm sure we have somewhere a set of self adhesive labels to print, but those maybe for a printer that would have worked in the early 2000s.... does one need necessarily to stick them? it wont work to put a label in a luggage tag?

No need  to stick anything.

Print the labels off and fold them into one of these, which we have been using for many years with the previously supplied labels.

http://www.thanetdirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=196

Edited by Victoria2
incorrect link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

We find these to be ideal for holding luggage labels - I print them up at 130% size and the trim off the excess, folded they fit perfectly. Because they can be easily reattached they can be left off for the outbound flight and attached once landed.

image.thumb.png.f70b96018b501dac781ed4d8ebf060da.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074D5BX2B?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k0_1_6&amp=&crid=5NR5QFAN0CME&amp=&sprefix=cruise

• Like 5

9 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

We had one for our 2019 cruise and it had the luggage labels.  John, did yours (2023) have the luggage labels?

And if you're in Australia your booklet will be awaiting you on your return home from your cruise! They don't seem to allow for the fact that the post might take a bit longer to get here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

You can arrive at the port without your luggage tags printed. No need to travel with adhesive tape. They will give you blank luggage tags when you arrive if you let them know they are required.

55 minutes ago, rakkor said:

We find these to be ideal for holding luggage labels - I print them up at 130% size and the trim off the excess, folded they fit perfectly. Because they can be easily reattached they can be left off for the outbound flight and attached once landed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074D5BX2B?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k0_1_6&amp=&crid=5NR5QFAN0CME&amp=&sprefix=cruise

I use that brand . Didn’t know about printing to 130%, will have to try that next time. Mine have lasted so well. Family borrow them too. 😀Did buy some replacement ties but that was my fault I snapped one. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Always happy to oblige @Bell Boy....

Your Ocean Awaits V234.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rakkor said:

And in operation on the last night ...

Never knowingly not having a photograph for every occasion. 😂

Luggage Tag Holders.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

Never knowingly not having a photograph for every occasion😂

Luggage Tag Holders.jpg

oh I can relate... I am an avid scrapbooker, so always, always there is a photo of 90% of our trips!!!

love your cases!!!!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

oh I can relate... I am an avid scrapbooker, so always, always there is a photo of 90% of our trips!!!

love your cases!!!!!

Thank you. Samsonite. Well worth the initial outlay ..and circumnavigated the world on many occasions...

Changi1luggage.thumb.jpg.965c1d6561a9f553c5330e54e201d000.jpg

56 Cunard nights worth....

CruiseLuggagewaitingfortaxi.thumb.jpg.872051c8e8f2b942ddadaa0598167882.jpg

😂

• Like 1

@Solent Richard  we had a couple Samsonite, excellent quality indeed,  lasted many of our South American trips (3 countries, almost 6 months escaping the English winter) the last one we have is on it's last legs after this past trip, you are inspiring me with the red, may have to get one of those!!!! gorgeous!!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

I still have a stash of c. 1977 Cunard baggage labels... nice study card ones, too.... I might just use those on our October cruise.  Maybe bring along the nice 70s vinyl ticket jacket (remember those?) for good measure.  I note from the "Embarkation Arrangements" that the Boat Train for RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 departs Waterloo Station at 11:15 a.m......

We have a few luggage labels left from our 1970s voyages. I sometimes put one on our hand-luggage. I should bring one of the older ticket jackets but I usually bring one of the newer ones issued about 10 to 15 years ago. One time when we were in PG we received one on board. 

• Like 1