Emerald live from. July 1-6 holiday cruise

Just had a great lunch in the crown grill.  DORO Rui told us they added lunch because they had so many dinner covers.  Same menu,same pricing, but we got it free since there was no MTP lunch offered.  It was fabulous!!  Sabatini’s will host a lunch in a couple of days also.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Just had a great lunch in the crown grill.  DORO Rui told us they added lunch because they had so many dinner covers.  Same menu,same pricing, but we got it free since there was no MTP lunch offered.  It was fabulous!!  Sabatini’s will host a lunch in a couple of days also.

Most interesting.  Glad they are trying to rectify an error (adding 2 free dinners with Premier without capacity control).  Some may find this more appealing to have such a heavy meal mid-day.  Hmmmmm. Wonder if it will be fleet wide.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I agree about Leo Rossi’s talk. We thoroughly enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next one today.  

I wonder if all the ships’ have this new pizza offering for room service. I’m sad to see the price go up so much but even sadder that they only have what I would call weird choices. I’d like a cheese pie please for room service. I am not a fan of these options. 

IMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

I wish we had those options! We are on the Crown right now and pizza is still complimentary but only 2 basic options. They have a daily special but it’s not listed. 

IMG_2529.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Most interesting.  Glad they are trying to rectify an error (adding 2 free dinners with Premier without capacity control).  Some may find this more appealing to have such a heavy meal mid-day.  Hmmmmm. Wonder if it will be fleet wide.

I think they may have believed the price increase may have controlled the capacity .. but it may not have done the trick.  But … Everything in this world has gone up in price so, I completely get it why pricing has gone up.  
I would love it the lunch option would take over.  We would love to eat a bigger meal at lunch time and a smaller, lighter meal at dinner time.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I agree about Leo Rossi’s talk. We thoroughly enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next one today.  

I wonder if all the ships’ have this new pizza offering for room service. I’m sad to see the price go up so much but even sadder that they only have what I would call weird choices. I’d like a cheese pie please for room service. I am not a fan of these options. 

IMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

These all look delicious!  Looking forward to trying them.  

2 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Crown Grill open for lunch on sea days?  Count us in!

BTW, does anyone know where CG staff worked during the day prior to this change?

Edited by startedwithamouse

44 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

BTW, does anyone know where CG staff worked during the day prior to this change?

I have seen Crown Grill and Sabatini servers in the Buffet or sometimes in the Piazza.  "I've heard" that they are hand picket (best of the best).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Are you saying that a cheese pizza is no longer available via room service? 

Yes those are the only options for room service. Of course slice has a very good cheese pie. Just not as good as Alfredo’s. 

9 hours ago, theloo said:

Do they have them at Slice?

No they do not. Slice will have the standard cheese pie, pepperoni pie and a different special daily. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Saw you guys leaving crooners this am, couldn’t catch up!  Have you tried all 52 martinis from the deck of cards i gave you a while back?

Lol now I remember you!  Yes I love those cards. Thank you again for them.  Have not tried them all yet.  

4 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

I was just informed that the Crown Grill is only open for lunch when it is really busy on the particular sailing.  I’m with you, I’d rather eat a bigger meal for lunch and not for dinner. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kstaffen said:

I need info on the crew bingo please. What, how, ALL the info! I did stop the captain and get a pic with him. 😀

It just started as a tongue in cheek type of dare …but what fun!  
There are no prizes, just bragging rights!  
I think I was the first to get a photo with the captain … I’m told that gets the top billing.  😂 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It just started as a tongue in cheek type of dare …but what fun!  
There are no prizes, just bragging rights!  
I think I was the first to get a photo with the captain … I’m told that gets the top billing.  😂 

I must get 2nd to top rights lol. Are we posting them?

On 7/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, flhokie said:

I had an empty refillable cup from Knott's in the outside pocket of my backpack. The woman staffing by that sign ran after me screaming "does that have anything in it?" I was focused on my disabled mother and my 12 year old daughter so didn't hear her at first. When I realized she was screaming at me I told her it was empty. Overall, she was quite nasty about it. Had never seen that before in many cruises. That terminal needs an overhaul, especially on staff (I know they're Port of LA Staff, but still).

Ha! The same thing happened to me two weeks ago.  Very nasty lady by the door. 

17 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

we saw the dude that cooked out steak(s) - yep, we sat at the counter - flipping burgers the next day at Princess Cay

• Like 1

My DH came up with the idea of playing Officer Board Bingo our Jan 29 sailing this year. The rules are still in flux but the basic idea is to take picture of the officers board when you get on the ship. Then get pictures of yourself with the officers as you see them out and about on board. Pictures with them at meet and greets, elite lounge, Captain circle party or any other function (like champagne waterfall…..) where they are a captive audience don’t count. 

This is how my DH sees the rules: 

The Captain & the top row are all 4 stripe officers, the next row are all 3 stripe, then 2 stripe and bottom row is 1 stripe. 

Getting bingo across is self evident. Getting bingo vertically is a bit different. The Staff Captain completes the first 2 columns, the Hotel General Manager completes columns 2, 3 & 4 while the Chief Engineer Officer completes columns 4 & 5. The Captain is a wild card and can replace any of those 3 to complete any column or any row. 

As soon as you get bingo you’d post the pictures giving it to you. If no one does then at the end you’d post your pics with the time stamps and tally your points. 

In the case of no bingo the winner is determined by points and then by time stamp as to who got their last officer the fastest. All the 4 stripe officers are worth 4 points all the 3 stripe officers are worth 3 points and so on. If two or more people tie on points whoever did it faster wins. 

Probably the roll call is the best place to play this game. 

Anyway that’s the gist of it and anyone can change the rules to suit themselves or the roll call group they are in. 

IMG_1363.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I haven’t been following the threads about the premium desserts but I did try them on this ship. They take 5-15 minutes to get. They gave me a wooden spoon which failed to be adequate for actually eating all of them except for the one with the cheesecake on top. All the others with cakes and cookies were rock hard. The cakes and other stuff stuck inside were also rock hard and really nasty. I tried them all and did not like any of them. I feel bad for anyone who spends $12 on them. 

IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

IMG_4227.jpeg

IMG_4226.jpeg

IMG_4225.jpeg

IMG_4167.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

Do they still give you a Good Spirits t-shirt if you have a certain number of different drinks?

Sorry those are now collectible items. No more on any ship I’ve been on since I earned mine in Jan  2022

31 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Are the Good Spirits drinks covered with Plus?

I asked was told yes!

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

My excitement for CG open on all our upcoming sea days jinxed us.  Took a move over offer yesterday afternoon. 

Good for you!🦄  I'm hoping we get a move over offer on our upcoming cruise on CB around Halloween.  Prices have skyrocketed since we book and available cabins "seems" limited

we've taken one move over offer, and had to pass (grrr) on another - the little 3 day on the SKY v2.0

• Like 1