Classic Beverage Package and Elite Status/Happy Hour

ulcards99

First time on Celebrity in February 2024.  We will be Diamond on Royal Caribbean, so the status reciprocity would be Elite on Celebrity.  Our cruise fare has the all included in it with the Classic Beverage package.  For the Happy Hour unlimited drinks, would we be able to get wines over the $10 classic beverage package limit and other liquors that are only included in the Premium package?

Just now, ulcards99 said:

First time on Celebrity in February 2024.  We will be Diamond on Royal Caribbean, so the status reciprocity would be Elite on Celebrity.  Our cruise fare has the all included in it with the Classic Beverage package.  For the Happy Hour unlimited drinks, would we be able to get wines over the $10 classic beverage package limit and other liquors that are only included in the Premium package?

HH is all day with the CBP. Any drinks over the allowed amount you'll pay the difference plus 20% gratuity. No need to order off the limited CC HH (5 to 7:PM) beverage menu as you have the CBP. 

• Thanks 1

The Happy Hour is a specific and limited menu and you can get the HH drinks in any bar during the designated time. My experience has been that without the beverage package, the HH drinks (example- Cosmopolitan) will be served in the smaller flight glass you’d find at the Martini Bar.  I expect with the bev package you’d get the full size.

• Like 1

If you have a drink package, the Elite HH drinks are moot. Order what you want from the drink package of which the HH drinks are a subset.

If there is a HH event in the Sky Lounge (with hors d'oeuvres, etc.) bar service may or may not allow you to order package drinks. I've been told no problem at all, and I've been told that I had to order from the HH list. Depends on phase of the moon, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, publicpersona said:

If you have a drink package, the Elite HH drinks are moot. Order what you want from the drink package of which the HH drinks are a subset.

If there is a HH event in the Sky Lounge (with hors d'oeuvres, etc.) bar service may or may not allow you to order package drinks. I've been told no problem at all, and I've been told that I had to order from the HH list. Depends on phase of the moon, etc.

The dedicated CC HH that use to be held in the Sky Lounge (M&S class ships) is no longer happening. Fleetwide. Bummer! 

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The dedicated CC HH that use to be held in the Sky Lounge (M&S class ships) is no longer happening. Fleetwide. Bummer! 

I knew that for several years, they seemed to be outside the norm but still happened occasionally, but I did not know that they were categorically ended fleetwide. Anyway .. hence the "if".

4 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I knew that for several years, they seemed to be outside the norm but still happened occasionally, but I did not know that they were categorically ended fleetwide. Anyway .. hence the "if".

It's not happening as of 2023. 

4 hours ago, Grumpy8 said:

Can you get milk shakes with the Zero Proof Drink Package on the Summit?

I have never actually seen milkshakes on a celebrity cruise.

The bars which have blenders do not have ice cream. The ice cream stand does not have a blender.

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I have never actually seen milkshakes on a celebrity cruise.

The bars which have blenders do not have ice cream. The ice cream stand does not have a blender.

Yea I know about the ice cream. I had one bartender use crushed ice and milk and chocolate syrup. It was pretty yummy..

On 7/4/2023 at 9:59 AM, ulcards99 said:

If you see something on the Happyy Hour menu that isnt in your classic package, you can order it between 5-7 pm.  Is that what you are asking?

6 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

If you see something on the Happyy Hour menu that isnt in your classic package, you can order it between 5-7 pm.  Is that what you are asking?

Yes if there’s something not included on the classic package, can we get it without using the up charge during HH?

29 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

Yes if there’s something not included on the classic package, can we get it without using the up charge during HH?

No. There's nothing on the Happy Hour menu that isn't fully covered by the classic package.

3 minutes ago, janetjulie said:

Can you get actual bottled water (not in a can) and/ or sparkling water during the happy hour? The menu is not clear.

No. Just the aluminum bottled water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ulcards99 said:

If it is on the happy hour menu, you can order it without any further payment. If you are looking for something that is not on the happy hour menu, your normal terms and conditions of your classic package apply

1 hour ago, ulcards99 said:

I’m curious what items you see on the happy hour menu that would not be included in your classic package.?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I’m curious what items you see on the happy hour menu that would not be included in your classic package.?

I didn’t know there was a list of items specifically for the happy hour for elite status. I have never been on Celebrity before but am Diamond on Royal. So I was just trying to understand if there were drinks during the happy hour not included with the classic drink package and whether those would be covered. However, since it sounds like everything during happy hour would be covered under the classic drink package, then the question is moot. 

22 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

You must have misssed post #4 above

Lol I did not. It does not indicate brand of the wines. Therefore, I was not sure if wines above the $10 limit were included in happy hour. However, as it was stated at some point, there aren’t any drinks available during happy hour that are not included in the classic beverage package. Which answers my question. Thank you.