Suite question

Hi, the price of our December cruise has dropped quite a bit and we are considering upgrading one of our 2 mini suites to a Penthouse suite.  My question is will the Mini suite get the same perks as the penthouse suite?  On the princess website, they dont indicate if different levels of suites get different perks such as priority boarding, reserve dining, etc.  Basically, we want the people in the mini suite, our two sons, to have the same benefits as us. 

Thanks

10 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

No, mini-suites do not qualify for Suite benefits.  Sorry...

Ok, wow thats a bit confusing.  So i would need to book a reserve mini suite to get the suite perks?

4 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Ok, wow thats a bit confusing.  So i would need to book a reserve mini suite to get the suite perks?

Mini-suites are large balcony staterooms

Reserve mini-suites are larger balcony staterooms with entry into Reserve class dining room (same MDR as suites)…but that’s pretty much it.

A few more “perks” like priority boarding, split of wine, etc.  Does not include suite perks.

Full suites come with all the perks 

Yes, Princess should never have had used this category name (mini suite).  “Bigger” stateroom would have been a better name.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Your answer is in the previous post.  Also, mini-suites do have a larger bathroom with a tub/shower enclosure, a 3-cushion sofa bed and two TV's.

• Like 1

If you book a full suite, and your sons remain in a regular mini (“bigger” stateroom), then they would not be able to join you in the Reserve MDR. They would also not be able to join you for suite breakfasts held in a different restaurant….even if booked in a Reserve Class Mini Suite.

This is no different than Holland America. I believe (not positive), that they also have a misleading category.  I think it is the Vista “suite” that is not a suite at all.  No suite perks.  

52 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you book a full suite, and your sons remain in a regular mini (“bigger” stateroom), then they would not be able to join you in the Reserve MDR. They would also not be able to join you for suite breakfasts held in a different restaurant….even if booked in a Reserve Class Mini Suite.

This is no different than Holland America. I believe (not positive), that they also have a misleading category.  I think it is the Vista “suite” that is not a suite at all.  No suite perks.  

Thank you and aside from Dining, is there any other areas they would not be allowed in?  I thinking of NCL Haven or Celebrity Retreat where they have areas for only those guests?

53 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Please don’t confuse HAL Vista suite with a Princess Vista suite which is a full suite with perks

Hi - we're considering a Princess cruise next year and I was just researching Reserve mini-suite vs Full suite (Penthouse) this morning.

Princess now has two categories of mini-suites. From what I understand, guests in the Reserve (formerly Club Class) mini-suites can eat in the same dining area as the full suite guests.

Reserve Mini-suites perks and FAQs:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/reserve-collection/reserve-collection-flyer-faq.pdf

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/reserve-collection/reserve-collection-flyer-faq.pdf

Full suite perks:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/

• Thanks 1

Just now, MarKay525 said:

Hi - we're considering a Princess cruise next year and I was just researching Reserve mini-suite vs Full suite (Penthouse) this morning.

Princess now has two categories of mini-suites. From what I understand, guests in the Reserve (formerly Club Class) mini-suites can eat in the same dining area as the full suite guests.

Reserve Mini-suites perks and FAQs:

Full suite perks:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/

Yes for dinners and sea day lunches but not breakfast. Suite breakfast is a separate thing for full suites only

6 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Thank you and aside from Dining, is there any other areas they would not be allowed in?  I thinking of NCL Haven or Celebrity Retreat where they have areas for only those guests?

The Concierge Lounge for one, if one is on your ship.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Please don’t confuse HAL Vista suite with a Princess Vista suite which is a full suite with perks

I was comparing HAL Vista Suite to a Princess Mini-suite

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

So, i know im mixing cruise lines here, but the other cruise we are considering is HAL Nieuw Amsterdam same date.  You mentioned that the Vista suite doesnt get the suite perks but do you know if the Superior Verandah Suite does?  I dont see the vista suite as an option on the website we use to book cruises so i wanted to make sure they just didnt rename it or something.  thanks

16 minutes ago, 20165 said:

So, i know im mixing cruise lines here, but the other cruise we are considering is HAL Nieuw Amsterdam same date.  You mentioned that the Vista suite doesnt get the suite perks but do you know if the Superior Verandah Suite does?  I dont see the vista suite as an option on the website we use to book cruises so i wanted to make sure they just didnt rename it or something.  thanks

I do not cruise on HAL.  I just know that my sister books HAL suites so was comparing Princess to HAL.  HAL is more expensive.  HAL vista suites are basically the same as Princess' Mini Suites...but much more expensive.  Neither are suites.  Neither have any suite benefits.  Just extended/larger balcony cabins.  

On the other hand, the Caribbean Princess and the Grand Princess have window suites.  Full suites without a balcony for the price of a Reserve Class mini.  If you can live without a balcony, these are great cabins.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I do not cruise on HAL.  I just know that my sister books HAL suites so was comparing Princess to HAL.  HAL is more expensive.  HAL vista suites are basically the same as Princess' Mini Suites...but much more expensive.  Neither are suites.  Neither have any suite benefits.  Just extended/larger balcony cabins.  

On the other hand, the Caribbean Princess and the Grand Princess have window suites.  Full suites without a balcony for the price of a Reserve Class mini.  If you can live without a balcony, these are great cabins.

Would love to try the window suite given we are rarely on the balcony.  But there seems to be only 1 available for the cruise we are looking at and no smaller cabins around it for our kids.  We are late in the game booking for this December. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Actually, both the Vista and Signature Suites on HAL are very much suites, but if you want to talk about the perk levels, they are both cut off from several of the "Big Boy" perks, that the Neptune and Pinnacle Suites receive, such as the Special Dinner and Breakfast venues. 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/suites-staterooms.html

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Actually, both the Vista and Signature Suites on HAL are very much suites, but if you want to talk about the perk levels, they are both cut off from several of the "Big Boy" perks, that the Neptune and Pinnacle Suites receive, such as the Special Dinner and Breakfast venues. 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/suites-staterooms.html

I have not been in/on a HAL Vista Suite.  What suite perks does it have/not have?  I thought they were just larger "Veranda/Balcony" cabins (similar to Princess mini-suites).  I could be wrong.  Do they have the "enhanced" suite bathroom?  Do they have a separate dining area?  What perks come with a HAL Vista Suite

I was told that if I wanted suite perks on HAL, I would need to go up to a Signature or Neptune Suite.  

I know very little about HAL (except what is shared by my sister who only cruises in HAL suites).

49 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Would love to try the window suite given we are rarely on the balcony.  But there seems to be only 1 available for the cruise we are looking at and no smaller cabins around it for our kids.  We are late in the game booking for this December. 

Most Window Suites are sold out within the first month of their release.  Often F301 remains available since it is slightly smaller than the other Window Suites.  Very unique cabins.  

Have you considered a family suite for your family?  It is located in the front of the ship.  I has a mini-suite, interior, and living room.  

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/staterooms/family-suite.html

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have not been in/on a HAL Vista Suite.  What suite perks does it have/not have?  I thought they were just larger "Veranda/Balcony" cabins (similar to Princess mini-suites).  I could be wrong.  Do they have the "enhanced" suite bathroom?  Do they have a separate dining area?  What perks come with a HAL Vista Suite

I was told that if I wanted suite perks on HAL, I would need to go up to a Signature or Neptune Suite.  

I know very little about HAL (except what is shared by my sister who only cruises in HAL suites).

That's why I included the link, so I wouldn't derail this into a HAL thread 🙂

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:

That's why I included the link, so I wouldn't derail this into a HAL thread 🙂

I should have clicked on your link.  So I stand corrected.  HAL Vista AND Signature suites are similar to Princess Mini-Suites.  I'll take "my" Window Suite" on a Grand Class ship any day.  Love the location and the suite perks.  

Both lines (and CCL corp) needs to fix this!

I do hope the OP received his/her answers to the differences and books accordingly.  Most important:  Suite passengers can join non-suite passengers in their selected venues, but non-suite passengers are not able to partake in suite venues (except for "maybe" the Suite/Elite/Platinum cocktail hour), not to be confused with the Concierge Lounge on the Royal Class ships.

Wow...I can see why new cruises can be mislead or confused.  

• Like 1