Posted on Another Site...Ruby Princess Hits Dock in SF

Jaymuxman

3 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

I wouldn't read too much into this. Seems like every cruise I'm on, some end up disembarking at the very first cruise port. I hope that they have insurance.

Also, they may have had an emergency.

• Like 2

Guest Bronston

Aft cabin…..hearing clear grinding metallic sounds. Must still be finalizing repair.

Edited by Bronston

5 minutes ago, Bronston said:

Aft cabin…..hearing clear grinding metallic sounds. Must still be finalizing repair.

Have to bevel in prep to weld on patch.

Anyone remember Grandeur of The Seas in 2005 when they hit the pier in Costa Maya?  Huge football sized puncture mid ship.  That was patched and in that shape until the next dry dock.

Cheers,

Norman

5 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

People are reporting in Facebook that the Ruby will now depart San Francisco on Sunday for a 7-night cruise with Prince Rupert and Ketchikan as its only stops. No info yet on refunds or FCCs. 

Just confirmed by a passenger on the roll call for this cruise.

Wow who could have predicted this for those passengers! I hope they get fair compensation from Princess. Imagine the ones who have nonrefundable shore excursions booked in the ports they will now miss. But if I were them I wouldn't want to sail until I knew the Ruby was safe to hit the ocean. 

5 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Wow who could have predicted this for those passengers! I hope they get fair compensation from Princess. Imagine the ones who have nonrefundable shore excursions booked in the ports they will now miss. But if I were them I wouldn't want to sail until I knew the Ruby was safe to hit the ocean. 

Most tour groups are going to give you a refund if your ship doesn't make it into port. These companies run on good reviews and it wouldn't look good if they got a bunch of reviews for not allowing refunds to passengers that couldn't get there because of something outside of their control.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, ProvoAggie said:

Most tour groups are going to give you a refund if your ship doesn't make it into port. These companies run on good reviews and it wouldn't look good if they got a bunch of reviews for not allowing refunds to passengers that couldn't get there because of something outside of their control.

Exactly this.  The non-refundable provisions are generally around voluntary changes and cancellations.  

• Like 2

Guest ldtr

I expect the compensation to be in the 50% range. Maybe 50% refund and 50% fcc. will be interesting to see what it end up being.