Live EPIC Mediterannean 11-Day Cruise from Marseille, France October 2, 2023-with pics!

graphicguy

On 8/13/2023 at 10:06 AM, graphicguy said:

Looking at my well worn luggage.  May pop for a larger roll aboard to see if I can get away with just a back pack and a roll aboard. Looking at this one....pricey, but lifetime warranty.  Hmmmm.....

https://travelpro.com/collections/hard-side-luggage/products/platinum-elite-hardside-business-plus-carry-on-luggage-expandable-spinner-suitcase?variant=32088643338338

Pulled my packing cubes out of my old beat up rollaboard that served me well for a decade.

Anyone try MONOS luggage?  Those look pricey too, however.

We just recently bought several travel items from Biaggi. https://biaggi.com/

They were nice to have on our Iceland/Greenland cruise. We got ZIPCUBES-MINI CUBE DUO, ZIPSAK BOOST! EXPANDABLE UNDER-SEAT CARRY-ON + ZIPCUBE, ZIPCUBES 3 PACK-CARRY-ON SIZE, HANGMATES HANGING ZIPCUBE-LARGE, ZIPSAK BACKPACK ON THE GO, HANGMATES HANGING TOILETRY ZIPCUBE.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 8:35 AM, graphicguy said:

I'm proud of the fact that I've never missed a cruise I've had to fly to for embarkation.  And, out of the ~30 cruises I've taken, the vast majority I've flown in the the day of embarkation.  Lord knows I've been chastised by my reckless behavior here at CC.  I've had airports close because of bomb threats, leaving me stuck on the tarmac for hours.  I've had weather delay not one, but two flights.  I've had an UBER get woefully lost taking me to the pier adding 2 hours to what should have been a 20 minute ride.  I have never missed a cruise.  My track record stands and remains pristine for not missing an embarkation or sailing.  I'm damn proud of it.

When will I come in the day before?  When there's a + or - hour's time difference (I live in EDT/EST).  When I can't get a direct flight.  When I can't control my own flights/transport to the pier.  When there's no other flight to get me to the ship on time if my original flight is late/cancelled.  When there's no other airport within 2 hours of my embarkation pier.  When I can't use only carry on luggage foregoing lost checked luggage.  Although, I've had my gate checked luggage get lost from the check in gate to the baggage handler who was no more than 100 feet away from where I left off the luggage to be loaded.

This cruise won't qualify given my self imposed rules of cruise travel.  And, I got a lot of rules for all sorts of cruise scenarios.

There's a + 6 hour time difference.  Given I'm going to be gone for nearly a month,  I need something bigger than a carry on.  Therefore, I need to check luggage.  I DO NOT have a direct flight.  I got close.  My flight is direct from CVG to CDG.  But, I have to get from CDG to MRS to where the ship is.

That means, ship sails at 7:30 p.m. on Oct 2.  It is coming off a charter, so I believe it will be in Marseille either the nite before or early on Oct 2.  

I'm flying out Sept 30 at 7:00 p.m....lay over in Paris for 3+ hours and planning to arrive (using the term "planning" very loosely) in Marseille right around 2:00 p.m., Central European Time.

Then the question of where to stay comes in.  Stay near the Airport?  Or, stay near the port.  I chose staying near the port.  As tired as I'll be from the red-eye, I'll be too "jacked up" to just go to sleep.  So, found a hotel in the "old port" area, the Ibis Budget Marseille Viuex Port.  Don't know the area.  But, it seems it's relatively close to at least some restaurants.  And, I'll assume a short ride to the Epic in port.

There were lots of hotels available.  But, some ranged from $400/nite all the way to $1,400 nite.  To sleep?  Not even remotely considering that given I can book an entire cruise for $1,400 nite.  And, given a little shopping, I can probably find an entire cruise for close to $400-$600.  Ibis is/was $160/nite.

Still working on what I'm going to do after the end of the cruise.  And, looking at a lot of excursions, which I'll report here.

Pretty sure that the cruise port is at least half an hour from the Ibis Vieux Port, maybe 45 minutes.   People on my roll call are gathering up to share shuttles from our Ibis hotel at MRS.  I'm happy to hear that you've never missed a boarding deadline.  Bu to me, missing a cruise would be an unmitigated disaster after all that excitement and planning, so I'm there at least a day early.  

• Like 3

Well...what's the old adage about sometimes bad things happen to good people? Here's the opposite....good things happening to "iffy" people.

Checked this flight today after receiving a text stating there was a flight change..  Seems there was a change in my flight. Dates are fine, but original flight was changed.  Plus, in the process, they upgraded me.  I was originally in Comfort Plus.  I'm going to have to sacrifice a piece of carry on luggage to the airline gods to cement this upgrade.

We're sorry, there's been a flight schedule change or cancellation affecting your trip, but don't worry, we've automatically rebooked you on the flight(s) below. If your new itinerary does not fit your travel needs, you have the following options:

See other flight options (some may be at no extra cost) by selecting "Change Or Add Flights" above

If you are currently located outside the U.S. and need to make changes, you can find Additional Assistance by messaging or calling the country's Delta Reservations phone number found in the Help Center, opens in new window

If you no longer wish to travel and want to cancel your ticket, select "Need To Cancel?" at the top of the page to review your options

(Conditions Apply) 

FLIGHT VIEW FLIGHT OPERATION DETAILS FOR DL 228

CHANGE THIS FLIGHT

SAT, 30 SEP 2023

32 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

CVG-CDG

ON TIME 

DEPART:  7:05 PM

ARRIVE:  9:15 AM - SUN, 01 OCT

VIEW ONBOARD EXPERIENCE DETAILS FOR DELTA ONE® (Z) | Nonrefundable

View in-cabin Meal Services: ForDinner, Breakfast, Premium Snacks, Drinks

amenities FLIGHT DL 228:

PASSENGER STATUS: CONFIRMED

SEAT:  3A | CHANGE SEAT

Find Sky Club Locations:

Cincinnati/Northern Ky Intl - Charles De Gaulle Intl Arpt

Aircraft: Boeing 767-400 

Flight Time: 8HR 10M

Miles Flown: 4,141

LAYOVER IN PARIS-DE GAULLE, FRANCE 3HR 10M 

FLIGHT DL 8406

Operated by: Air France 

SUN, 01 OCT 2023

33 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

CDG-MRS

DEPART: 

12:25 PM-ARRIVE: 1:50 PM

EUROPE BUSINESS (Z) | Nonrefundable

View in-cabin Meal Service:For

SELECT SEAT

Aircraft: Airbus A321 

Flight Time: 1HR 25M

On Time % : N/A

Miles Flown: 405

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Well...what's the old adage about sometimes bad things happen to good people? Here's the opposite....good things happening to "iffy" people.

Checked this flight today after receiving a text stating there was a flight change..  Seems there was a change in my flight. Dates are fine, but original flight was changed.  Plus, in the process, they upgraded me.  I was originally in Comfort Plus.  I'm going to have to sacrifice a piece of carry on luggage to the airline gods to cement this upgrade.

We're sorry, there's been a flight schedule change or cancellation affecting your trip, but don't worry, we've automatically rebooked you on the flight(s) below. If your new itinerary does not fit your travel needs, you have the following options:

See other flight options (some may be at no extra cost) by selecting "Change Or Add Flights" above

If you are currently located outside the U.S. and need to make changes, you can find Additional Assistance by messaging or calling the country's Delta Reservations phone number found in the Help Center, opens in new window

If you no longer wish to travel and want to cancel your ticket, select "Need To Cancel?" at the top of the page to review your options

(Conditions Apply) 

FLIGHT VIEW FLIGHT OPERATION DETAILS FOR DL 228

CHANGE THIS FLIGHT

SAT, 30 SEP 2023

32 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

CVG-CDG

ON TIME 

DEPART:  7:05 PM

ARRIVE:  9:15 AM - SUN, 01 OCT

VIEW ONBOARD EXPERIENCE DETAILS FOR DELTA ONE® (Z) | Nonrefundable

View in-cabin Meal Services: ForDinner, Breakfast, Premium Snacks, Drinks

amenities FLIGHT DL 228:

SEAT:  3A | CHANGE SEAT

Find Sky Club Locations:

Cincinnati/Northern Ky Intl - Charles De Gaulle Intl Arpt

Aircraft: Boeing 767-400 

Flight Time: 8HR 10M

Miles Flown: 4,141

LAYOVER IN PARIS-DE GAULLE, FRANCE 3HR 10M 

FLIGHT DL 8406

Operated by: Air France 

SUN, 01 OCT 2023

33 DAYS FROM DEPARTURE

CDG-MRS

DEPART: 

12:25 PM-ARRIVE: 1:50 PM

EUROPE BUSINESS (Z) | Nonrefundable

View in-cabin Meal Service:For

SELECT SEAT

Aircraft: Airbus A321 

Flight Time: 1HR 25M

On Time % : N/A

Miles Flown: 405

Now that’s a change I could live with!!😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am I reading DELTA ONE to PARIS???  What a wonderful email to receive!  We will be boarding as you disembark in "Venice", so really looking forward to your posts.  Don't drink all of Epic's champagne!

Just a reminder to everyone ... check your flights monthly, weekly the last month and daily the last week.  If there's an 'issue' you want to beat the crowd to get it handled.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Am I reading DELTA ONE to PARIS???  What a wonderful email to receive!  We will be boarding as you disembark in "Venice", so really looking forward to your posts.  Don't drink all of Epic's champagne!

Just a reminder to everyone ... check your flights monthly, weekly the last month and daily the last week.  If there's an 'issue' you want to beat the crowd to get it handled.

IKR?  I actually called Delta to make sure I was reading it right.  I was.  Pretty nice surprise on my end.  That said, I'm a 2 Million Miler with Delta.  And, I used to be "Platinum" with them every year before I retired a couple of years, ago.  Not sure if that had anything to do with it.  They normally don't care how much you've flown with them in the past.

But, these days, if I fly 10K miles with them annually, I'd be surprised.

The original flight was earlier, and this one is a "red eye" and a long 3 hour layover in Paris.  The original flight only had a 75 minute layover.  But, on Delta One?  I'll take it.  Just bought one of those fancy-shmantzy  "flight pillows" from Amazon to nap on.

We're actually embarking/disembarking in Marseille.  But, no worries about drinking champagne.  I'm not a wine/champagne kind of guy.  Bourbon?  Different story.  But, I'll leave plenty for you.

And, great advice about checking flights frequently.  The sooner you know about changes, the better your choices will be.  Delta is usually pretty good about texting me with changes when they happen, though.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 7:47 PM, jsn55 said:

Pretty sure that the cruise port is at least half an hour from the Ibis Vieux Port, maybe 45 minutes.   People on my roll call are gathering up to share shuttles from our Ibis hotel at MRS.  I'm happy to hear that you've never missed a boarding deadline.  Bu to me, missing a cruise would be an unmitigated disaster after all that excitement and planning, so I'm there at least a day early.  

I pretty much have a general idea of where the cruise ports are in FLL, MIA, NYC, NOLA and Galveston.  Marseille?  Not a clue!!!!!!  Thanks for the general directions.  I have transport from MRS to the Ibis Vieux Port hotel, which from what I've read, is near the "old port".  I (mistakenly) thought the "old port" would be near the "new port".  45 minutes isn't terrible.  But again, I really don't know where I'm going.  So, figuring the Hotel can clue me in.  At worst, I get a taxi or Uber to get me to the ship.

The good news, I'll still be on EDT.  So, I'll be up and at'em early and probably get to the ship's port with plenty of time to spare.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 5:04 PM, graphicguy said:

Unlimited WiFi upgrade....an alleged $229 "value".  This one I could really use as I will be doing the "live" review here.  The Steaming option would cost me another $100, however.  Have not had much luck with internet, on any cruise, on any cruise line, ever.  Sometimes it's good.  Most times not.  I don't know how good internet service is throughout the Mediterranean, though.  Anyone have any insight on the "streaming" service on Mediterranean cruises?

I did  western Mediterranean itinerary on Epic just after the resumption from covid in 2021, we lost Cannes as a port of call because Spanish covid regulations required all the Americans to have been covid tested  before disembarking so it was a sea day which was spent getting everyone tested aboard. I managed to stream a rugby match on my iPad that day but the signal definitely varied around the ship, it wouldn’t stream in the atrium but did in my cabin and the ship was pretty sparsely populated on that sailing (1,200 to 1,500 guests max). 
I’d suggest checking on the shore excursion credit terms again, it was changed to a credit per excursion rather than per port but the text on the ncl website does have a tendency to contradict itself from time to time. I do know it applied to every excursion I booked for my next cruise even in the ports where I booked 2 excursions. 
I did the sorrento & pompeii excursion through NCL and there is a lot of walking in Pompeii, the visit to the crafters is 2 places, one woodcrafter place in Sorrento and a cameo maker at a jeweller beside the entrance to Pompeii.  If you fancy limoncello the tourist shops in Sorrento are pretty free with giving samples, I was a wee bit buzzed getting back on the bus there. They even have a  pistachio version and a few other flavours. 

IMG_5739.jpeg

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

I did  western Mediterranean itinerary on Epic just after the resumption from covid in 2021, we lost Cannes as a port of call because Spanish covid regulations required all the Americans to have been covid tested  before disembarking so it was a sea day which was spent getting everyone tested aboard. I managed to stream a rugby match on my iPad that day but the signal definitely varied around the ship, it wouldn’t stream in the atrium but did in my cabin and the ship was pretty sparsely populated on that sailing (1,200 to 1,500 guests max). 
I’d suggest checking on the shore excursion credit terms again, it was changed to a credit per excursion rather than per port but the text on the ncl website does have a tendency to contradict itself from time to time. I do know it applied to every excursion I booked for my next cruise even in the ports where I booked 2 excursions. 
I did the sorrento & pompeii excursion through NCL and there is a lot of walking in Pompeii, the visit to the crafters is 2 places, one woodcrafter place in Sorrento and a cameo maker at a jeweller beside the entrance to Pompeii.  If you fancy limoncello the tourist shops in Sorrento are pretty free with giving samples, I was a wee bit buzzed getting back on the bus there. They even have a  pistachio version and a few other flavours. 

IMG_5739.jpeg

Great stuff.  Thanks!

I know how some of the Ts and Cs can be.  So far, I have one Concierge telling me I don't qualify for the extra $50 excursion credit, and another one that says I do.  To get something definitive, I had the Concierge desk respond in writing that I DO get the extra excursion credit.

I'm still not convinced they'll stick to their word, even though I have it in writing.  I plan on taking my written confirmation to the Concierge on board, and show it to them.  If they disallow what I was told would be allowed, then I won't "upgrade" to the FAS+.  If so, I will do the upgrade.

Edited by graphicguy

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I pretty much have a general idea of where the cruise ports are in FLL, MIA, NYC, NOLA and Galveston.  Marseille?  Not a clue!!!!!!  Thanks for the general directions.  I have transport from MRS to the Ibis Vieux Port hotel, which from what I've read, is near the "old port".  I (mistakenly) thought the "old port" would be near the "new port".  45 minutes isn't terrible.  But again, I really don't know where I'm going.  So, figuring the Hotel can clue me in.  At worst, I get a taxi or Uber to get me to the ship.

The good news, I'll still be on EDT.  So, I'll be up and at'em early and probably get to the ship's port with plenty of time to spare.

Thanks for the heads up.

Most of the larger cruise vessels dock at Môle Léon Gourret pier at the Marseille Provence Cruise Terminal (MPCT).

https://www.marvellous-provence.com/travel/water/marseille-cruise-ship-port

Edited by SeaDawg

55 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Most of the larger cruise vessels dock at Môle Léon Gourret pier at the Marseille Provence Cruise Terminal (MPCT).

https://www.marvellous-provence.com/travel/water/marseille-cruise-ship-port

Thanks.  So, according to this, the Mole Leon Gourret pier is 6 miles from the old port, which is where my hotel is supposed to be.  By all indications, looks close.  Not close enough to haul luggage around, but close enough for a Taxi/Uber.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

IKR?  I actually called Delta to make sure I was reading it right.  I was.  Pretty nice surprise on my end.  That said, I'm a 2 Million Miler with Delta.  And, I used to be "Platinum" with them every year before I retired a couple of years, ago.  Not sure if that had anything to do with it.  They normally don't care how much you've flown with them in the past.

But, these days, if I fly 10K miles with them annually, I'd be surprised.

The original flight was earlier, and this one is a "red eye" and a long 3 hour layover in Paris.  The original flight only had a 75 minute layover.  But, on Delta One?  I'll take it.  Just bought one of those fancy-shmantzy  "flight pillows" from Amazon to nap on.

We're actually embarking/disembarking in Marseille.  But, no worries about drinking champagne.  I'm not a wine/champagne kind of guy.  Bourbon?  Different story.  But, I'll leave plenty for you.

And, great advice about checking flights frequently.  The sooner you know about changes, the better your choices will be.  Delta is usually pretty good about texting me with changes when they happen, though.

2 million miler all continental US travel or international? That’s an insane amount of time to be in the air if it’s just jumping from one city or state to another. 

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Great stuff.  Thanks!

I know how some of the Ts and Cs can be.  So far, I have one Concierge telling me I don't qualify for the extra $50 excursion credit, and another one that says I do.  To get something definitive, I had the Concierge desk respond in writing that I DO get the extra excursion credit.

I'm still not convinced they'll stick to their word, even though I have it in writing.  I plan on taking my written confirmation to the Concierge on board, and show it to them.  If they disallow what I was told would be allowed, then I won't "upgrade" to the FAS+.  If so, I will do the upgrade.

My understanding is as a solo you don’t need FAS+ to get a second excursion credit, you get the $50 per excursion on the regular FAS, I’d suggest capturing the same screenshot I posted which says it’s per tour not per port. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JustAPilot said:

2 million miler all continental US travel or international? That’s an insane amount of time to be in the air if it’s just jumping from one city or state to another. 

For a while I was jumping back and forth to  Brazil, Chile, and Taiwan.  Domestically I was bouncing from Cincinnati, Boston, Austin and Silicon Valley.  That was my life for 2 plus decades!

I’m about 20k miles from 3 Million Miles just on Delta!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, eileeshb said:

My understanding is as a solo you don’t need FAS+ to get a second excursion credit, you get the $50 per excursion on the regular FAS, I’d suggest capturing the same screenshot I posted which says it’s per tour not per port. 

@graphicguy I agree with @eileeshb. As a solo, you do get the $50 credit per excursion, not per day, with the regular FAS. I was able to book two excursions for one day and the $50 credit applied for both excursions. This was true when I sailed on the Jewel in Alaska and also true for an upcoming cruise on the Getaway in Europe.

Looking forward to your live review again! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

@graphicguy I agree with @eileeshb. As a solo, you do get the $50 credit per excursion, not per day, with the regular FAS. I was able to book two excursions for one day and the $50 credit applied for both excursions. This was true when I sailed on the Jewel in Alaska and also true for an upcoming cruise on the Getaway in Europe.

Looking forward to your live review again! 

I will get the original $50 FAS excursion credit.  The question was, if I buy the FAS+ package, which includes another $50 excursion credit for a 2nd guest (I’m both the first and second guest since I paid full fare.  But, I asked NCL and I have a split decision from NCL whether I do get an extra $50 credit or not.

I do have an email from NCL stating that I DO get the credit.  But, who knows what will happen once I board and the bill comes.

I have a $500 OBC.  If I get the additional $50 excursion credit added to the one I already have, it’s worth it for me to buy the FAS+ package.  If not, I don’t care about the other drinks added to the plus package and I’ll just buy the internet upgrade on my own and plan my own 3rd party excursions.  

Still a little skittish until I get on board and see what the Concierges and on board Customer Service say about the credit.  I think they’ll be the final arbiters on if I do or don’t get the additional credit

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I will get the original $50 FAS excursion credit.  The question was, if I buy the FAS+ package, which includes another $50 excursion credit, would I get it because I’m a solo.  I know it says on the Ts and Cs that solos do not get the extra credit.  But, I asked and I have a split decision from NCL whether I do get an extra $50 credit or not.

I do have an email from NCL stating that I DO get the credit.  But, who knows what will happen once I board and the bill comes.

I have a $500 OBC.  If I get the additional $50 excursion credit added to the one I already have, it’s worth it for me to buy the FAS+ package.  If not, I don’t care about the other drinks added to the plus package and I’ll just buy the internet upgrade on my own and plan my own 3rd party excursions.  

Still a little skittish until I get on board and see what the Concierges and on board Customer Service say about the credit.  I think they’ll be the final arbiters on if I do or don’t get the additional credit

Hmmmm...perhaps I am unclear about the question because the issue seems counterintuitive.

I know for certain that as a solo with the regular FAS, you can apply the $50 credit to each excursion you book. If you book two excursions for one day, the $50 credit applies to both excursions, so a total of $100 credit for that day.

Are you saying that if you upgrade to the FAS+ package, there is a possibility that you, as a solo, might not receive the additional $50 credit if you book two excursions for one day? Pay more but receive less?

Or are you hoping that the additional $50 credit be applied to just one excursion for the day, a total of $100 toward one excursion?

Edited by Sugar Magnolia

Dan - it's getting closer, isn't it.  Nice upgrade from DL, congrats ... Here's an article that's Starlink related as FYI - interesting details.  Cruiselines are mostly adopting their technology & deploying or partnering with additional servers is a plus, except for this line ... dragging its feet for whatever reasons & excuses.  IMHO, not a win-win situation and most of us geeks recognized that it is "not" a nearly perfect or ideal solution, but anything is better than the current package from EMC or whatever their ISP partner is called.  

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Starlink-satellite-Internet-speeds-set-to-increase-with-data-center-deal-as-Costco-Japan-starts-selling-discounted-terminals.743835.0.html

Will probably get a chance to speak to one of iCafe manager onboard another NCL ship "shortly" to (try to) find out what they know about the fleet's deferred conversion and upgrade to Starlink system/servers ... 

27 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Hmmmm...perhaps I am unclear about the question because the issue seems counterintuitive.

I know for certain that as a solo with the regular FAS, you can apply the $50 credit to each excursion you book. If you book two excursions for one day, the $50 credit applies to both excursions, so a total of $100 credit for that day.

Are you saying that if you upgrade to the FAS+ package, there is a possibility that you, as a solo, might not receive the additional $50 credit if you book two excursions for one day? Pay more but receive less?

Or are you hoping that the additional $50 credit be applied to just one excursion for the day, a total of $100 toward one excursion?

Yeah...it gets a little convoluted.  According to the FAS+ "perks", there is an additional $50 excursion credit offered.  This would be on top of the FAS $50 excursion credit.  So, effectively it would be a $100 excursion credit, per excursion.  However, I had one Concierge tell me since I was a solo, I wouldn't qualify.  But, I paid for the cabin.  I'm traveling alone.  So, purchasing FAS+ offers an additional $50 excursion credit as part of the package.  It does not stipulate that anyone else in the cabin has to purchase FAS+ to get the additional excursion credit.  I wanted clarification from NCL.  And, at best, they seem confused by it themselves.

Anyway, here's the email I sent and the response I received from NCL.

"

Hello Dan, 

Thank you for your email. We will be happy to assist you. Yes, if you wish to upgrade your promo for $462, you will get an additional discount for shore excursions. If you have any questions or further requests feel free to let us know.

At your service,

Norwegian Concierge Desk
P: +1 855-625-4283
NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com | www.ncl.com
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

<Haven Email template pic>

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 7/11/2023 12:16 PM
To: norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com
Subject: Free at Sea Plus for reservation #53319809-Latitudes #217573449

EXTERNAL EMAIL

Hi:

I’m sailing on the NCL Epic out of Marseille France on October 2, 2023. I am just starting to look at Excursions and am also looking at Free at Sea Plus. There, it says the drink package is upgraded, the internet is upgraded to unlimited and 2 more Specialty Dinners are included. I am traveling solo, so I’m very interested in the additional $50 per excursion credit. Given I’m solo, does that mean I can add an additional $50 credit per excursion to my current $50 credit? Again, it’s only me. One phone Concierge said I could, and another just told me I couldn’t. Won’t upgrade if that isn’t available to me. Just want to make sure as it makes sense that I would get that perk if I do the upgrade. Appreciate your help.

Warm Regards,
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Dan - it's getting closer, isn't it.  Nice upgrade from DL, congrats ... Here's an article that's Starlink related as FYI - interesting details.  Cruiselines are mostly adopting their technology & deploying or partnering with additional servers is a plus, except for this line ... dragging its feet for whatever reasons & excuses.  IMHO, not a win-win situation and most of us geeks recognized that it is "not" a nearly perfect or ideal solution, but anything is better than the current package from EMC or whatever their ISP partner is called.  

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Starlink-satellite-Internet-speeds-set-to-increase-with-data-center-deal-as-Costco-Japan-starts-selling-discounted-terminals.743835.0.html

Will probably get a chance to speak to one of iCafe manager onboard another NCL ship "shortly" to (try to) find out what they know about the fleet's deferred conversion and upgrade to Starlink system/servers ... 

Thanks, Henry!  Got lucky on the flights.  Sometimes even a blind squirrel trips over an acorn.

I have tried Royal's Starlink implementation last year.  Wasn't impressed.  I'm assuming the same for NCL.  So, not holding my breath.

That said, this cruise is port intensive.  T-Mobile assures me I'll have service in all the ports we're stopping (and some we're spending the night).  So, assuming (you know that that means) I'll have service at all the ports, it shouldn't be much of an issue via connection or signal.  At least, that's my hope.

Edited by graphicguy

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

That said, this cruise is port intensive.  T-Mobile assures me I'll have service in all the ports we're stopping (and some we're spending the night).  So, assuming (you know that that means) I'll have service at all the ports, it shouldn't be much of an issue via connection or signal.  At least, that's my hope.

T-Mobile always worked well for me in Europe and I never incurred any additional costs when texting or using data.

• Thanks 1