1st ever Royal Caribbean cruise - on board now

4 hours ago, elliekate said:

I agree about the extra, extra firm mattresses! Our room steward put a topper on ours! You should ask for that!

Yet as Firm as they are were REALLY Firm few yrs ago. I'm lucky though, could sleep on the Cabin Bed, Couch or Floor and get good nites sleep

• Haha 2

Me personally I like a firm mattresses  I slept like a baby on the Indy,we have cruise both lines RCCL was notch above in everything from embarkation to disembarkation just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your impressions.  I actually like the firm mattresses.  I have been in hotels where I pull the linens off on the floor and sleep there.  

I find the food good to excellent when you consider how many are being served.   Not a fan of El Loco.   If you are ever on a ship with Sabor, pay the small upcharge and try it.   It's really good food!!

Don't miss the Blue Planet show.  It's amazing

23 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Thanks for your post. We were on Carnival Celebration in April and the pizza place on that ship had a much better setup than the Horizon. I counted 9 people working there. The lines were long but never more than 10 to 15 minute wait.

Not sure what Carnival ship you were on or when, when you mention missing the late night snacks. Nothing available on Carnival but pizza after 10pm.

I did get a chuckle reading your sentence about starving. Lol

Thanks again for your thoughts. Appreciate you taking your time while cruising.

15 mins. for a slice ???

I guess when the OP praised Sorrento's efficiency I understand why . I never wait more than 2 mins at Sorrento's and sometimes when ur Hangry that feels long !

Cheers

22 hours ago, Cruiselyne said:

Hi,

I will be on Oasis this September and the drink package nerver went bellow $72.99.  If you don't mind, would please tell me what is the price of the package onboard?  I am a Diamond Plus and I was wondering if it would be cheaper to buy the package on the ship with my 30% discount.

Thank you.

D+ with 5 free drinks per day and still gonna buy the drink package ? 

GL finding your room !

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

GL finding your room !

Comments like this are flipping ignorant.  I never ever understand anyone's need to make these comments.  😒 The "good luck finding your room" is over the top.  

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Tromler said:

Comments like this are flipping ignorant.  I never ever understand anyone's need to make these comments.  😒 The "good luck finding your room" is over the top.  

Sadly, it's typical in forum-land. For some reason people really care how others spend their time and money when they cruise.

As long as you're not harming others, do what you want and enjoy!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

GL finding your room !

I am giving my vouchers to my niece.  She doesn't have the money to buy the drink package.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Cruiselyne said:

I am giving my vouchers to my niece.  She doesn't have the money to buy the drink package.

That's kind of you. I hope you didn't feel the need to defend your choices though. It's your money and your life, enjoy your cruise how you see fit!

• Like 6

Thanks for the review! We did Oasis in late January, RIGHT after the new menus were rolled out and we thought they were fine. Of course an item here and there might not have been the best but overall we enjoyed the food, and I think the reviews scare people for no reason. We loved the ship so much in Jan\February that we are going back in October because we missed so many activities while just enjoying the ship and relaxing, we want to go an get in more of the music and theater type acts and some of the game shows we missed! 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's kind of you. I hope you didn't feel the need to defend your choices though. It's your money and your life, enjoy your cruise how you see fit!

Well I felt like I had to defend myself but thank you for your kind words, I really do appreciate it.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

15 mins. for a slice ???

I guess when the OP praised Sorrento's efficiency I understand why . I never wait more than 2 mins at Sorrento's and sometimes when ur Hangry that feels long !

Cheers

After waiting 45 minutes on Horizon I thought 10-15 minutes was fast

4 hours ago, Tromler said:

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sadly, it's typical in forum-land. For some reason people really care how others spend their time and money when they cruise.

As long as you're not harming others, do what you want and enjoy!

My apologies that came across ignorant as you state. That's the downfall to all written forms of communication . It was meant in humour !

• Like 7

1 minute ago, LobsterStalker said:

My apologies that came across ignorant as you state. That's the downfall to all written forms of communication . It was meant in humour !

I'm sure the OP will appreciate the clarification. Yes, easy to take some things the wrong way online. Apologies for doing so.

3 hours ago, Cruiselyne said:

Nice , That makes a lot of sense 

And no you certainly did not need to defend yourself . Apologies to you if you took me the wrong way

Enjoy

• Like 1

Several thoughts: 

- It's nice to hear a review from someone who's willing to be happy! 

- I do wish Royal had softer beds.  

- Two connecting rooms for a family is wonderful, and two connecting balconies are so nice!  We once had three rooms in a row and left the sliders unlocked (who's going to get onto our balconies) so we could all "come and go" between rooms.  

- I know it's already been said, but if you have a Playmakers onboard, give it a shot for a good burger -- even if you're not a sports fan.  My husband loves Playmakers.  

- Glad you're having a great time!  

On 7/10/2023 at 2:30 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

A few tips from someone who's been on Royal and Carnival quite a few times:

1.) Go to the Solarium Bistro for free breakfast and lunch.  While kids aren't allowed in the Solarium itself, they are allowed to dine there with their families.  

2.) If you want to see an awesome Solarium, next time you book a Royal cruise, book on Anthem Of The Seas, they have a 5 layer Infinity Pool.

3.) Go see "CATS" and sit in the front...best seats in the house!

4.) Slide down my new favorite attraction, The Ultimate Abyss on Deck 16 Aft.  No drinks or cameras are allowed, so leave those with a non-slider.  It's the tallest dry slide at sea.  They give you a mat to ride on, which helps slow your descent.  Also, you get amazing views of the AquaTheater when you look down while in line.

5.) Try the Rising Tide bar, which floats between the Promenade on Deck 5 and Central Park on Deck 8.

6.) Head to Johnny Rockets for a free breakfast on The Boardwalk.  While they're open for lunch and dinner as well, they charge for those meals.

7.) Stop by "Spotlight Karaoke" the venue is quite unique!

8.) Like to dance?  Head to Bolaros!

9.) Check out the Music Hall, it's quite breathtaking.  

10.) Head to Central Park at night...it's fabulous all lit up.

11.) Watch out for the Pop-Up Piano Player!

12.) Check out the Aqua80's and Ice Shows, you won't regret it!

13.) Ride the Carousel on The Boardwalk

14.) If you're a movie fan, check out Zoltar on The Boardwalk and get your fortune read!

15.) Ever had a drink made by a robot?  Go to the Bionic Bar on the Promenade!

16.) Ride the zipline on Deck 16

Totally agree with all your suggestions except one (an hour odd of my life I will never get back). 😅

Favourite place is the Solarium were the other half always finds me in the morning chilling before breakfast.

On 7/10/2023 at 8:19 AM, Psychobueller said:

I’m not sure what peoples expectations are for main dining room food but I have found it to be comparable to carnival and better than my experience on Norwegian. Based on the complaining online, I expected the food to be awful. Definitely not the case.

The complaining was that the food was being dropped down to Carnival standards.

6 hours ago, RedIguana said:

The complaining was that the food was being dropped down to Carnival standards.

Funny you say that because the one good thing I see regularly about carnival is usually about the food.... most people tend to agree they have pretty good food,especially the free options