Liberty interior promenade

8 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

I'll still stay away from guarantee's though

We had no problem with GTY's in the past b/c we aren't super picky it was always easy to switch cabins if we got assigned a location we truly didn't like (not sure if Canada allows this, I know the UK does not). As recently as last October, I moved our cabin (twice in the the final 10 days leading up to our cruise actually).

Now that prices have gone nuts and ships are so full, I had to switch gears. I went from booking last minute GTY's (used to be able to find deals and living an hour from PC makes us flexible in the summer when teacher wife is off) to booking much farther ahead with TA group rates and now we choose our location. I almost miss the anticipation of waiting to find out our assignment... almost.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

And from the promenade. We had quite the show once when setting at Sorrento's 😬

This scared me for just a second, but then I realized it was the Adventure I was on when I first had a PV cabin. Let's just say I forgot for a minute after coming out of the shower. When I say a minute, it was like closer to 3 minutes, and I might have been doing a little dance to the music I was playing on my phone. 

I do not know if anyone saw, but I did not hear any Alpha calls, so I think I got lucky.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jbrinkm said:

The connecting aspect is actually an upgrade now also! That can add a few hundred dollars to the total as opposed to just rooms next to each other. 

Actually on promenade cabins the connecting are almost always cheaper than non connecting. I've upgraded and paid extra for non connecting. If you look at the deck plans you will see there are a lot more connecting than non connecting... just for promenade cabins specifically. Balconys are a different story. 

I've been in connecting at least twice just because they were cheaper. 

6 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Score !  Yes, with a GTY room, you are guaranteed a minimum of an inside...and your cabin assignment can go "up" from there.  Looks like you scored a nice upgrade.  Well done !

This exact thing happened to us on Independence on our last cruise, and we were thrilled!  I hope you enjoy the cabin as much as we did.  Specific thoughts: 

- The seating area in these cabins is great.  You get a loveseat + a similar-sized bowed seat in the bay window.  We used this area heavily and "people watched" more than I would've expected.  

- We are big fans of the 6th floor (not a particularly popular area) because it's just one flight of stairs down to the Promenade to pick up a drink, a sandwich or a piece of pizza.  

- The window has two curtains:  one thin gauzy curtain that blocks the view but allows in light /one black-out curtain that "velcros" shut in the evenings.  We did not see any, um, "shows" in the other rooms at any point.  We were in the cabin in December (pre-housekeeping reduction), and our cabin steward closed our curtains each evening at turn-down time.   
- They dim the lights in the Promenade at night /bring them up slowly in the morning, which simulates daylight.  

- One negative:  When you walk into the room, the bed is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, and you have to walk around it.  Not the end of the world, but all the open space is at the far end of the room. 

- Another negative:  This room doesn't have quite as much storage as a standard inside room:  the drawers are smaller /in a corner, and the storage by the mirror is extremely shallow (I mean, all you could reasonably store is make-up or gum ... not even a canned drink.)  But so what?  These rooms only hold two people, and we didn't use all the storage, but a heavy packer might be in trouble.  The closet is good-sized for two people. 

- The bathrooms are identical to those in inside rooms.  

- We were in a connecting room /did not know the people on the other side of the door.  I think we heard a sneeze or a cough once.   

- We agree we'd love to stay in one of these rooms again!  

3 hours ago, Rewind said:

It's a long shot, but you could see if you can swap to 6305 and 6307 just down the hall.  6305 is the Ben and Jerry's Sweet.

That'll never happen.  That Suite is "scooped up" the day the dates open up.  

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

On liberty what is the best deck for a promenade cabin to avoid noise?

- The Promenade is on the 5th floor, and Promenade cabins are located on 6th, 7th and 8th floor.  Logically, the 6th floor would be "closer to the action" and more noisy. 

- Also, the Promenade has an "entertainment bridge" in the middle -- singers /dancers perform from this bridge so they're visible to everyone in the Promenade.  If you're near this bridge, you will hear more noise.  We were two doors down from it, and we only heard the music /singing for about 30 minutes during the Welcome Party /Parade and the 70s Night Music.  During those two times, we heard the boom-boom-boom of the bass, but once we opened our curtains and realized what was going on, we realized we had the best seat in the house and enjoyed the music.  Again, each party only lasted 30 minutes.  

- Noise is just not a big concern in these cabins.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We booked Liberty 6/1/23 in May when GTY was the only choice, got a PV assigned about 2 weeks later  Reminded me of our very first cruise and the only other time we had a PV on Mariner back in 2006.  Was easier to watch the parades.

I was just on Liberty on deck 7 in a promenade facing room. It was okay, there is only one door between the adjoining room so we heard kids cartoons from 6am and on. I paid them back with CNN at 1am. 

In general the Liberty is looking like it needs some TLC. The drawers in my room were all broken, there was dust on all the shelves (prob because the Stewart is too overworked to clean 25 rooms well), a sports bra left between the couch and window - lulu lemon (not cheap). The common area on the pool deck coming up,

and the solarium hot tubs discolored with wood rotting around it.  

Definitely more wear and tear(dirt and Rust) than I saw on the freedom recently.

The staff is okay, not the friendliest. 

3 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

This scared me for just a second, but then I realized it was the Adventure I was on when I first had a PV cabin. Let's just say I forgot for a minute after coming out of the shower. When I say a minute, it was like closer to 3 minutes, and I might have been doing a little dance to the music I was playing on my phone. 

I do not know if anyone saw, but I did not hear any Alpha calls, so I think I got lucky.

I'm sure it wasn't you. For us it was a very old gentleman...I wanted so much to wave and get his attention so he could close the curtains.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I was just on Liberty on deck 7 in a promenade facing room. It was okay, there is only one door between the adjoining room so we heard kids cartoons from 6am and on. I paid them back with CNN at 1am. 

In general the Liberty is looking like it needs some TLC. The drawers in my room were all broken, there was dust on all the shelves (prob because the Stewart is too overworked to clean 25 rooms well), a sports bra left between the couch and window - lulu lemon (not cheap). The common area on the pool deck coming up,

and the solarium hot tubs discolored with wood rotting around it.  

Definitely more wear and tear(dirt and Rust) than I saw on the freedom recently.

The staff is okay, not the friendliest. 

There must be tricks to reduce the sound coming from the door in adjoining rooms. For one a towel at the floor of the door.