OBC due to booking on board now gone

39august

Does anyone have a suggestion for getting my due OBC for booking on board back to my reservations? My TA has been telling me he will get these applied back as they should be, but it has been a couple of months and my deserved OBC is still missing from  my reservations. I have heard the phrase "fell off" the reservation in the past few years once, but that mistake was immediately corrected when I called X.  I booked 3 b2b cruises while on board a cruise on Equinox in 2022. These were suites, but we decided to change category to concierge cabins. Kept the same reservation numbers of course. When X sent confirmations back to my TA and he forwarded to me, I saw that the automatic $100 pp for booking while on board was missing. Contacted TA who also saw this had been omitted and said he would get X to give those earned OBC $ back to each cruise. Now, probably 2 months later, I still do not have the OBC that we deserve. Is there a magic trick or magic word to get this corrected? I have the original paperwork showing the OBC applied to these cruises. 

That is the TA’s job.  Tgeres probably nothing you can do because the TA “owns” the reservation and Celebrity won’t discuss it with you.

but I am surprised that you only got $100 pp for booking a suite while on board?  Are you sure the $100 wasn’t for B2B?

but really, this is the TA’s to work on for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Jan 22 we booked some cruises on board.  The booking on board flyer shows that the OBC for a  Sky Suite on a 7 night sailing was $250, for 10-13 N it was $350.  The OBC for a Concierge cabin was $150 for 7 - 10 N and $200 for 10-13 N.  So when you changed from a Suite to Concierge the OBC is reduced to the lower CC OBC, a loss of $100 per sailing.

The flyer make no mention of a $100 booking OBC except for booking a 6 - 9 N inside cabin or for 4-5 N & Repo sailings where  the OBC was $100 for Veranda, Concierge, and Aqua.

100 pp seems low for booking a suite.  Normally, when you book a B2B - you get a $100 discount per cruise.  The OBC I would think would be higher than 100 pp for a cruise booked onboard.  When you moved to a CC, the discount per cruise should still hold, but the OBC may drop since the category is lower, but not disappear.  The TA should be able to handle it.  If not - time to find a new TA for next time.

As others have said you need to get on your TA to get this corrected.  Here is the chart for the onboard booking OBC.  These values have been consistent for several years.

The B2B discount (not OBC) is either $50 or $100 per segment based on the number of days.

FutureCruiseOBC.thumb.png.81012f4ac8623e25bea197518f51e0cd.png

Hi, my booking made in May2023 on the Constellation was canceled by Celebrity it was for Aqua. I rebooked on July7th for The Ascent  for the same day - Aqua class. My agent was told they would not transfer the OBC as I was booking a different rate code. I assume my rate code for the Ascent is a group code because it is a1000.00 CDN cheaper than Celebrity Canada site. No OBC being offered with this rate. I called 1-844-418-6824 Celebrity Engagement Center. After an hour they admitted I should get at least the 100.00 per person as a future cruise credit plus a 100 for the Beyond cancellation. They said they would reach out to my Agent. Good luck.

The OBC for booking ON BOARD is what I am referring to. Of course we got more OBC for booking a suite and of course, that was dropped off when we went down to concierge class. But we should have retained that $100 per person for booking while on board. We always book while on board to get that extra OBC.  Thanks Otton60 . I had thought to maybe call the Engagement Center. Those folks I hope are still in Wichita Ks. I have spoken with them over a few years and we chit chat about Ks. and Okla. I will try tomorrow. My TA has always been very responsive and I am at a loss as to why he can't get this resolved.

How long are your cruises?  You keep referencing $100, but the amount for Concierge is $100 only for TA/Repositioning sailings, more for others.   Is your B2B2B all a repositioning cruise like the Edge Europe to Australia?   I'd hate to think they cheap out and consider those repositioning.

Edited by wrk2cruise

I had a similar problem recently.   I won an upgrade and they wiped out all of my OBC from Celebrity from booking onboard and sent me a message that I owed for all my Excursion.   My agent was having trouble getting resolved as it was not available for him to see on his reservation.   A quick call to the Retreat Host with my Agent on the phone got it resolved and everything was reinstated. 

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

How long are your cruises?  You keep referencing $100, but the amount for Concierge is $100 only for TA/Repositioning sailings, more for others.   Is your B2B2B all a repositioning cruise like the Edge Europe to Australia?   I'd hate to think they cheap out and consider those repositioning.

They did treat the Edge moving from Rome to Australia as a repo so only $200 on board booking OBC for a SS.  But the $100 deposit was great.

I booked a cruise in 2022 while on the Silhouette and the only OBC given to us is what was referenced in the chart above. It’s a 17 night transpacific in a Veranda, so we get $100. There was no extra on top of what’s given based on the chart.