Found A Lower EZAir fare

waltd

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My TA, who normally does not deal with EZ Air, spent hours working on another EZ Air problem.  I don’t want to saddle her with another problem.  I have time to work on this.  Won’t submit form for a few weeks.  Will update once I have exhausted all avenues.  

I sent my TA a text to just update her on my "communications with chat".  She said she would call.  Not her job.  I told her not necessary, I would eventually find out.  She said that she would call to get the "correct' answer.

So here it is:  Difference will be refunded to my credit card in 10 - 15 days.

I will not get it as OBC.

I do not need to fill out the form (since I am not onboard and it is not OBC refund). 

Why couldn't any of the agents give me a direct answer?  To be returned to original form of payment.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Surprise Update:  July 17.  There's a credit from Princess on my credit card account for $42.86.  This is the difference between original EZ Air fare and reduced fare (cancelled and rebooked WITHIN 90 days of cruise).  

There has been another $4 drop.  Not going to do anything unless it significantly drops before 45 days.  

EZ Air is great, when it works correctly.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:55 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I sent my TA a text to just update her on my "communications with chat".  She said she would call.  Not her job.  I told her not necessary, I would eventually find out.  She said that she would call to get the "correct' answer.

I do not need to fill out the form (since I am not onboard and it is not OBC refund). 

Why couldn't any of the agents give me a direct answer?  To be returned to original form of payment.  

• Like 2

I have made 3 EZAir refares in the past week for my Dec1 cruise with final payment due August 3, so I do not have to worry about a ‘refund’ situation yet. After I make final payment on August 3, I have till Oct 16 to still cancel/change my EZAir flights without any penalties.

I have the time to constantly check EZAir fares. I am booking a one way international flight from Santiago to LA. The fares have fluctuated a few times each day, so it was interesting to me to see the fares go up and down in the same day for the same flights by hundreds of dollars. EZAir fares easily beat booking direct with the airlines, by almost $500 for this one way itinerary.

When I have made final payment on an EZAir booking and then refared to get a lower price, I am usually able to rebook my new flights myself, but usually had to call EZAir to ‘process’  the refund and then would see the credit on my credit card in a few days.

This booking I will be using multiple AARP gift cards to pay final, so hopefully it will be easy to track which gift card is refunded if needed in the future if I refare my flight again before penalties.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Surprise Update:  July 17.  There's a credit from Princess on my credit card account for $42.86.  This is the difference between original EZ Air fare and reduced fare (cancelled and rebooked WITHIN 90 days of cruise).  

There has been another $4 drop.  Not going to do anything unless it significantly drops before 45 days.  

EZ Air is great, when it works correctly.

That was fast!  And…the way it should work.

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wallyj said:

I have made 3 EZAir refares in the past week for my Dec1 cruise with final payment due August 3, so I do not have to worry about a ‘refund’ situation yet. After I make final payment on August 3, I have till Oct 16 to still cancel/change my EZAir flights without any penalties.

I have the time to constantly check EZAir fares. I am booking a one way international flight from Santiago to LA. The fares have fluctuated a few times each day, so it was interesting to me to see the fares go up and down in the same day for the same flights by hundreds of dollars. EZAir fares easily beat booking direct with the airlines, by almost $500 for this one way itinerary.

When I have made final payment on an EZAir booking and then refared to get a lower price, I am usually able to rebook my new flights myself, but usually had to call EZAir to ‘process’  the refund and then would see the credit on my credit card in a few days.

This booking I will be using multiple AARP gift cards to pay final, so hopefully it will be easy to track which gift card is refunded if needed in the future if I refare my flight again before penalties.

If you have EZ Air refunded, you can call one to two weeks later, and they can tell you the last four digits of the gift card(s) that it was refunded to. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 8:01 AM, bafinegan said:

Why did you TA tell you to call.  That is their job.....

TA's are not working in EZ-Air booking - guest should be doing their own.  TA's get didley-squat for booking airfare and if they do it, just doing client a favor.  I wouldn't impose (and besides - prefer to do my own so I have control and these days you have airline profiles and all that to have setup including FF account number, etc).

On 7/14/2023 at 8:58 AM, CHK said:

We are just using EZ air for the first time taking a flight from Tampa to Miami on the day of the cruise. I don't understand how you can get re-fared--don't you have to cancel your booking to do that? We booked the flight that we did because it is non-stop. Would love to be able to upgrade to premium or even first class but EZ air didn't have premium seats and first class was outrageously expensive for a 90 minute flight.

You are highly unlikely to find Premium Economy section on a regional short-haul.  Also, I wouldn't bother paying the upcharge for FC (really Business Class with an old name that doesn't reflect the service level) for a short flight. 

On 7/14/2023 at 5:55 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I agree that is the correct answer.  Never heard of an airfare credit being applied as OBC - refund goes back to original CC once accounting gets around to it.  (I suspect PCL accounting may get a notice of airfare rebate from EZ-Air).

17 hours ago, wallyj said:

EZAir fares easily beat booking direct with the airlines, by almost $500 for this one way itinerary.

IMO, it's the only way to go for overseas travel.  And I prefer to be able to book one-ways as you can change one flight that may drop while leaving the other alone which may be more expensive at the same time.

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

TA's are not working in EZ-Air booking - guest should be doing their own.  TA's get didley-squat for booking airfare and if they do it, just doing client a favor.  I wouldn't impose (and besides - prefer to do my own so I have control and these days you have airline profiles and all that to have setup including FF account number, etc).

Then I guess I have a good TA then.  SHe handles it all for me.

1 minute ago, bafinegan said:

Then I guess I have a good TA then.  SHe handles it all for me.

You are lucky if you aren't the type to handle own travel arrangements and perhaps TA figures she is making enough from whatever revenue you swing her way.  I do my own thing for decades and know what I want and can look for price drops on hotels, car rentals, etc.  I'd even book my own cruises, but do not want to give up the excellent discount I get from TA.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You are lucky if you aren't the type to handle own travel arrangements and perhaps TA figures she is making enough from whatever revenue you swing her way.  I do my own thing for decades and know what I want and can look for price drops on hotels, car rentals, etc.  I'd even book my own cruises, but do not want to give up the excellent discount I get from TA.

Yes I am lucky.  I have used her services for years.  Even created short trips during covid so she would have some revenue.  SHe is very very good.

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

If you have EZ Air refunded, you can call one to two weeks later, and they can tell you the last four digits of the gift card(s) that it was refunded to. 🙂

You can also look it up at the bottom of the page on:

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/

Edited by Ombud

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

You can also look it up at the bottom of the page on:

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/

Yes, but you have to look up each card separately to figure out which one they refunded to...not fun if you paid for a $10 k cruise with gift cards...😁

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Yes, but you have to look up each card separately to figure out which one they refunded to...not fun if you paid for a $10 k cruise with gift cards...😁

Don't I know it!! I had 16 on 1 cruise but I got it all back (fortunately on 1 card,  equally fortunate I had all those #s). 8 cards + 8 bonus cards .... miss those bonus cards /// but we digress 

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Don't I know it!! I had 16 on 1 cruise but I got it all back (fortunately on 1 card,  equally fortunate I had all those #s). 8 cards + 8 bonus cards .... miss those bonus cards /// but we digress 

Yeah, but who needs a bonus card if you can get them from AARP Rewards?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, it's the only way to go for overseas travel.  And I prefer to be able to book one-ways as you can change one flight that may drop while leaving the other alone which may be more expensive at the same time.

How do you book one ways with EZ Air?  I thought once you book a flight, they don't give you an option to book another flight.  I do this all the time when flying to Honolulu.  So much easier to handle cancellations and changes with one way fares.  Gone are the days when they give you a break for a round trip.

In my college days (yes, way back when...), I would book round trips:  leave in September, return at Christmas.  But back then, I had a schedule/set dates.

36 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

How do you book one ways with EZ Air?  I thought once you book a flight, they don't give you an option to book another flight.  I do this all the time when flying to Honolulu.  So much easier to handle cancellations and changes with one way fares.  Gone are the days when they give you a break for a round trip.

In my college days (yes, way back when...), I would book round trips:  leave in September, return at Christmas.  But back then, I had a schedule/set dates.

It is a piece of cake if you have B2B... voyages as you book the outbound on the first booking and the return on the final booking.  I do believe with a single voyage, you cannot do it.  At least you cannot do it self-serve.  I forget if an EZ-Air rep can do it (but then you probably cannot change yourself).  I was thinking in the context of multiple bookings.  Also, for a single voyage, the depart and return dates are generally closer together and perhaps not as much cost variation??  (I do know pricing can be different on the same route in different direction).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have back to backs on the Diamond next year.  Leaving from Singapore and eventually returning from Tokyo.  Booked airline seats through EZAir. Each one way.   It was easy.   

• Like 1