Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

We are pretty new to cruising, but after our first cruise on Jewel of the seas last year we are hooked. We are sailing from Amsterdam to the arctic circle this year, but already looking for sailings out of Amsterdam ( or maybe Rotterdam) for next year.

If I look at the scedule the europe sailings should have been released in november, but I cannot find any from The Netherlands. Did I miss them, are they skipping the Netherlands or do I have to be more patient and wait. 

Thank  you in advance

IMG_0018.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Jomykje said:

We are pretty new to cruising, but after our first cruise on Jewel of the seas last year we are hooked. We are sailing from Amsterdam to the arctic circle this year, but already looking for sailings out of Amsterdam ( or maybe Rotterdam) for next year.

If I look at the scedule the europe sailings should have been released in november, but I cannot find any from The Netherlands. Did I miss them, are they skipping the Netherlands or do I have to be more patient and wait. 

Thank  you in advance

IMG_0018.jpeg

With the incoming emission restrictions for some Norwegian fjords it's introduced a change to the Northern Europe deployments.  We are still waiting for a few ships to have their deployments announced despite the posted timeline.  It's unclear if there will be ship there.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

MSC Prezioza has some good itineraries 

My mum just booked on prezioza for dec, Christmas market 7 night cruise from Southampton to europe. 2 old ladys, inside room with drinks package was just over 1k. They are super excited. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, twangster said:

With the incoming emission restrictions for some Norwegian fjords it's introduced a change to the Northern Europe deployments.  We are still waiting for a few ships to have their deployments announced despite the posted timeline.  It's unclear if there will be ship there.

In Aug. '22, several sailings from Amsterdam were altered last minute due to Port traffic restrictions caused by low water levels. I was on the Jewel and we had to skip our last port, and speed back to make an assigned lock time.  We overnighted in Amsterdam instead and disembarked next day as scheduled. Everyone received OBC for the altered itinerary. I suppose it's possible that RCL will consider this when looking at future  Amsterdam departures. 🤔 

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

In Aug. '22, several sailings from Amsterdam were altered last minute due to Port traffic restrictions caused by low water levels. I was on the Jewel and we had to skip our last port, and speed back to make an assigned lock time.  We overnighted in Amsterdam instead and disembarked next day as scheduled. Everyone received OBC for the altered itinerary. I suppose it's possible that RCL will consider this when looking at future  Amsterdam departures. 🤔 

Although it will still be some years before it happens, Amsterdam is moving the cruise port out of the city center (but it would still be inside the locks). Low water like that is very rare here, so I doubt water level considerations play much into it. I live on a houseboat along the IJ (the waterway that connects the North Sea Canal with Amsterdam). 

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned

Quantum cancelled the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise on October st '24.

Now available to book Seattle to Tokyo and Tokyo to Singapore as it's due a refit.

I was going to book the Hawaii one as a back up to Anthem Rome to Dubai. Lucky I held off

Tokyo to Singapore looks a good cruise.

28 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

According to the official Royal schedule Europe 2025 is published, any additiional ship (e.g. Jewel) would be an unexpected and late change, I doubt it.

Thank you. Not the news I wanted to hear, but we will start looking for other lines too just in case. 

35 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

What does one actually do on that Honningsvag stop?  🤔

You tender and go by bus to the North Cape. Issue is that big ships like Preziosa have a high chance to skip ports like Spitsbergen and North Cape due to weather and it is very crowded with so many people. I would do those beautiful ports with much smaller ships.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

You tender and go by bus to the North Cape. Issue is that big ships like Preziosa have a high chance to skip ports like Spitsbergen and North Cape due to weather and it is very crowded with so many people. I would do those beautiful ports with much smaller ships.

Thanks for the response. Did you note the hours in port? 

Just now, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Thanks for the response. Did you note the hours in port? 

Yes, it is the time of the midnight sun in Northern Norway so this is the perfect time to visit with daylight at midnight. 

Just now, Saab4444 said:

Yes, it is the time of the midnight sun in Northern Norway so this is the perfect time to visit with daylight at midnight. 

I get that. I'm just thinking when does one sleep?  And the townspeople running tours are up all night, too? Not sure I could do it.

Sorry to go so far off topic everyone.

4 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I get that. I'm just thinking when does one sleep?  And the townspeople running tours are up all night, too? Not sure I could do it.

Sorry to go so far off topic everyone.

They can sleep in Winter. E.g. in Tromso they offer midnight concerts every night in the famous Arctic Cathedral. 

Edited by Saab4444
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bigeck said:

Now available to book Seattle to Tokyo and Tokyo to Singapore as it's due a refit.

I was going to book the Hawaii one as a back up to Anthem Rome to Dubai. Lucky I held off

That Quantum Port Booking for Hong Kong first appeared on the cruise terminal website 10 November 2023.

Took Miami a while to cancel the cruise.

Not good enough! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bigeck said:

If only the Seattle-Yokohama was leaving just a few days earlier. I’m on the Carnival Panorama Singapore-Long Beach on Oct 12 and would have definitely booked the Seattle-Yokohama and then flown to Singapore. A lot shorter flight.

• Like 2