OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK JULY 16-23, 2023 SEASCAPE

morpheusofthesea

It's "Holiday Road" tomorrow. Cruising the magnificent MSC Seascape out of Miami. Hope to escape the heat wave and effects of Saharan dust which is supposed to strike the East Coast. Use to be just hurricanes, now its dust. Read reports that the Chora Theatre shows are much better. MSC fired every cast member the beginning of June and replaced with another group that have garnered several standing ovations. Will try to report which are the best, not to be missed. Cruise Director is South African Benni whose 'trademark' is an alligator clap which crescendos into an alligator applause. Will start out the weeks entertainment at Le Cabaret Rouge. It seats 450 guests but only 150 are good viewing seats. It becomes more popular as the week progresses. Found the MSC collaboration with "Guinness Book of World Records" a bit lame which is held one evening in LCR. After exhausting one of these venues we love to stop by the Loft Cafe for more entertainment of a jazz quartet with Bruno Vincenza before bedtime. Hopefully things will be back to normal at the Port of Miami. Things will not be spectacular until mid 2024 when MSC opens its new Terminal AA/AAA, according to veteran port porter Clarence.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Following along! Will you be in the RS again?

Have a great cruise.

Yes. DW will have it no other way. I’m doomed a second time. She has absolutely no consideration for my pocketbook.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I fear I will have to sugar coat some observations for the many with 'delicate constitutions'.

Sugar coat with your words, as usual -- there will be some of us who can guess your true meaning. LOL

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Have learned something. It takes longer than 4 weeks to lose the weight from one cruise to the next. I only lost one pound from the last cruise. I'm doomed.....

Great. 😂😂 sailing Thursday on Seaside and getting on Seascape when you get off. No hope of losing the weight, I suppose. 🤣

1 hour ago, phred119s said:

Great. 😂😂 sailing Thursday on Seaside and getting on Seascape when you get off. No hope of losing the weight, I suppose. 🤣

Please come back and report on the atmosphere on the Seaside 3 nite cruise.  I will be doing that one in August, amid the Great Unwashed.  EM

• Like 1

Happy sailing Morph... Look forward to reading your comments and observations. Been reading Genx review for this past week and it appears things seem to be getting back to normal along with new crew (coming back from leave)....Hopefully the staffs "A" crew is back on board!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Please come back and report on the atmosphere on the Seaside 3 nite cruise.  I will be doing that one in August, amid the Great Unwashed.  EM

Ha! I’ll try to remember. We are all on that one to celebrate my child’s birthday. About half & half first time cruisers and previous cruisers. 
We typically try to avoid 3 nights on the weekends. It can’t be as bad as the lapse in judgement (it’s so cheap) that landed us on Carnival Liberty back in January, right?. Never again on Carnival…

During the drive back, we decided to have the weekend birthday celebration though. 🤔 

Hope they are providing some bubbly to pass the time away. Something needs to be done with getting passengers off of the ship in a timely manner. Looking forward to hearing what the issue was today. More people hiding???

4 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Hope they are providing some bubbly to pass the time away. Something needs to be done with getting passengers off of the ship in a timely manner. Looking forward to hearing what the issue was today. More people hiding???

Yes bubbly being provided, 3 kinds of nuts in sealed individual cans. 5565 guests this cruise. No head butler this sailing. 

4 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes bubbly being provided, 3 kinds of nuts in sealed individual cans. 5565 guests this cruise. No head butler this sailing. 

What will one do if one needs one's head butled? 😱

Edited by P2l