Edge transpacific ending in Honolulu - has anyone used luggage storage at the Pier?

debfed65

Hello everyone!

I am hoping someone has had experience using a luggage storage facility at the ship pier in Honolulu.

We are doing the TP from Sydney next April, and we disembark in Honolulu.  Ship arrives early (of course) but our flight to Toronto doesn't leave until 10pm.

We are hoping to spend a leisurely day in Honolulu, without our suitcases! 

If anyone has used this service, can you please respond with any details that you think would be helpful.  Another passenger on our roll call is looking for the same information, so any help would be appreciated!  

Thanks! 

I'm sure this topic will be moved to the Hawaii Forum -

From previous visits I don't recall there being any luggage storage available at the Cruise Terminal.   There are a number of storage areas around town and if I recall the closest is at Bishops Street UPS Store-  

https://usebounce.com/s?bags=2&query=Honolulu%2C HI%2C USA&from=2023-07-24T1500&to=2023-07-24T1700

• Thanks 1

I would find out whether your airline would allow you a early check in.

If they do, you could check in your bag, get your boarding pass and just do whatever you wish to do until you get back to the airport 2hrs before your flight.

This would eliminate the cost of baggage storage before your flight.

22 hours ago, debfed65 said:

Hello everyone!

I am hoping someone has had experience using a luggage storage facility at the ship pier in Honolulu.

We are doing the TP from Sydney next April, and we disembark in Honolulu.  Ship arrives early (of course) but our flight to Toronto doesn't leave until 10pm.

If anyone has used this service, can you please respond with any details that you think would be helpful.  Another passenger on our roll call is looking for the same information, so any help would be appreciated!  

Thanks! 

As others have noted there are options - here's three more: 

• rent a car at the pier, use it all day then drop it at the airport when you're leaving; 
  • arrange a tour that will pick you up at the pier, sightsee all day then drop you back at the airport (or just arrange a car and driver, same thing); 
  • Ship it to yourself - the post office, Fedex/UPS/delivery companies.  May be more expensive/complicated since you're shipping internationally (US to Canada), but we've done this a couple of times at the end of a trip with things we've bought along the way.  

Not likely, but also see if the airlines has an office in the city where you could check in.  I don't think any airlines do that in the US, but I've seen that in Asia and in Europe and it simplifies things.  

Edited by Brucemcdou

Thank you to everyone who has replied!   

I have seen the Bounce website for luggage storage.  I guess I was just hoping someone had actually used it and could provide some feedback.

Thanks again and happy cruising to everyone 🚢 💃

You might see if there is any luggage storage at the airport.  Many, many years ago I had a 10 hour layover in Honolulu, coming back from Tonga.  Not sure if I cleared customs and sent my luggage to connecting flight, but I do know I checked carryon in a locker and caught the local bus downtown.  EM

• 7 months later...
On 7/24/2023 at 2:08 PM, debfed65 said:

Hello everyone!

Thanks! 

I am also on a TP cruise in April. We disembark May 1.  Our flight doesn’t leave until 9 pm.  We would like to do an island tour rather than sit at the airport.  Did you find a luggage storage solution?

1 hour ago, yogini06 said:

I am also on a TP cruise in April. We disembark May 1.  Our flight doesn’t leave until 9 pm.  We would like to do an island tour rather than sit at the airport.  Did you find a luggage storage solution?

We are on the same cruise.  We booked the ship excursion, Pearl Harbor and airport drop off.  Our flight is at 7 so we  will still probably have to kill 4-5 hours at the airport.  

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We are on the same cruise.  We booked the ship excursion, Pearl Harbor and airport drop off.  Our flight is at 7 so we  will still probably have to kill 4-5 hours at the airport.  

I found a circle tour of Oahu.  I may contact the tour operator for luggage storage suggestions. If that doesn’t work, I’ll book a ship excursion. 

36 minutes ago, Livin Life said:

I’m on this sailing, and I am renting a car for the day.  This way I can deal with my luggage plus tour independently around the Island for the day.  My cost is about $75.

is there car rental at the pier or farther away (walk, bus, Uber to the rental)?

11 hours ago, yogini06 said:

Good Morning

There is luggage storage at the airport, but as far as I know nothing at the Pier 2.  On another board, someone mentioned that they have used a couple of different hotels that let them leave their luggage for the day while the went exploring.  The hotel names they provided were The Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider.  We may try to do that, or the car rental is also a great option. 

11 hours ago, yogini06 said:

The information about the hotels for luggage storage is on the board for Ports of Call - Hawaii and is titled "Honolulu airport transfer" started by trivia addict 

• Like 1